Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looks like Dodgers got Furcal

Hey mo Your having pretty weird mood swings here, you may want to go to sleep, Im guessing on your Mets Bed cover and pillow sheets? I think jakes idea for a bit more loose thread or whatever is a pretty cool idea, its just people may go overboard
    Born True Blue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ElCaminoSS
    Hey mo Your having pretty weird mood swings here, you may want to go to sleep, Im guessing on your Mets Bed cover and pillow sheets? I think jakes idea for a bit more loose thread or whatever is a pretty cool idea, its just people may go overboard
    I've already mentioned two sites for such kind of talk. BBF is about quality, not smack talk.
    SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
    "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Score!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Born True Blue

Quote Originally Posted by ATL22
    The Dodgers may indeed be returning to contention but it won't be solely because of Furcal. He's a role player and a good one but he's not somebody that's going to carry the team. He had a terrific second half last year after an awful first half. I think a lot of Braves fans will be interested to see if the red hot, slick fielding Furcal of last summer was the real deal or just the product of a kick in the pants from his agent in a contract year. His defense was much improved pretty much all year last year after he had made a ton of errors every year prior to that. But his offense only kicked in after the All Star Break and that's the part I'm not sure was for real. Furcal will dazzle you at times and drive you crazy at others. He can slap down a bunt and beat it out but too often he thinks he's a power hitter and goes into two week slumps, which kills his OBP. I think Furcal will do well in LA but for what you're paying him, he'd better be a stinkin MVP candidate to earn that money!
    And he sure earned every penny - another red-hot MVP second half.

Furcal recovered from a lousy start to have a good season, but he wasn't $13,000,000 good. He's, at best, the fourth best shortstop in the NL this year, behind Reyes, Bill Hall, and Hanley Ramirez... depending on how you feel about Edgar Renteria and Jimmy Rollins.
    "Hall of Famer Whitey Ford now on the field... pleading with the crowd for, for some kind of sanity!"

Quote Originally Posted by ATL22
    LA Times reporting Dodgers have agreed in principle to a 3 year $40 million contract with free agent SS Rafael Furcal. If this turns out to be true, which I imagine it will, you guys just bought yourselves a great shortstop but way overpaid for him.
    Please name me a ML player that isn't over paid. Even the MLB minimum is a joke. A joke that's reflected in the ridiculous ticket prices, the cost of food, parking and souviners.

Whats wrong with you guys??!!Rafael furcal took your team to the playoffs and was the dodgers mvp!!Not nomar,not saito,not kent!!!Furcal.Raffy scored 100+ runs again for the sixth time in his career and hit 300.What else do you guys want out of a leadoff hitter?You want hanley ramirez who strikes out 130 times per year?You want rollins whos obp this year was 334?!You want david eckstein who has no power whatsoever?

Or do you want furcal who has pop,speed,arm stength,bunting ability,and draws aton of walks?Rafael is one of the top leadoff hitters in the game.Better than damon,brian roberts,rollins,ramirez,eckstein,sizemore,and as good or better than reyes.

I laugh at you guys for not realizing that you are watching a future hall of famer in his salad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy15
    Whats wrong with you guys??!!Rafael furcal took your team to the playoffs and was the dodgers mvp!!Not nomar,not saito,not kent!!!Furcal.Raffy scored 100+ runs again for the sixth time in his career and hit 300.What else do you guys want out of a leadoff hitter?You want hanley ramirez who strikes out 130 times per year?You want rollins whos obp this year was 334?!You want david eckstein who has no power whatsoever?

Or do you want furcal who has pop,speed,arm stength,bunting ability,and draws aton of walks?Rafael is one of the top leadoff hitters in the game.Better than damon,brian roberts,rollins,ramirez,eckstein,sizemore,and as good or better than reyes.

I laugh at you guys for not realizing that you are watching a future hall of famer in his salad days.
    Why don't you admit it, guys? What were we THINKING of? They're laughing at us now! How could we possibly have thought we made the playoffs as a team, when we have just been informed, in no uncertain terms, that it was FURCAL who got us there! Not Nomar, not Kent, not any of the young players who had nice rookie outings... it was RAFFY all along!

Dodger fans, rejoice! We have the best shortstop who ever lived. How do I know? Raffy says so, that's how. Now, aren't you glad we overpaid him?

Dodger fan.I live in atlanta,georgia.I have seen raffy play all the time at turner field.I watched him everyday for 5 years.Furcal is a gamer who hates to miss even 1 game.Who was there for the dodgers when things were rough?Furcal.Who turned it up in the second half when everyone else was cooling down?Furcal.Raffy plays best when it matters most and he was 60% of the reason the dodgers made the playoffs.

I hate to say it buddy,but your teams pitchers weren't exactly consistent through the whole year and neither were the rookies.Nomar was abysmal in the 2nd half when the season matters most!Raffy rises up and plays great in the 2nd half when the season is on the line!!Raffy will be a top 15 shortstop of all time by the time his career is done.

Dodger fan.I live in atlanta,georgia.I have seen raffy play all the time at turner field.I watched him everyday for 5 years.Furcal is a gamer who hates to miss even 1 game.Who was there for the dodgers when things were rough?Furcal.Who turned it up in the second half when everyone else was cooling down?Furcal.Raffy plays best when it matters most and he was 60% of the reason the dodgers made the playoffs.

I hate to say it buddy,but your teams pitchers weren't exactly consistent through the whole year and neither were the rookies.Nomar was abysmal in the 2nd half when the season matters most!Raffy rises up and plays great in the 2nd half when the season is on the line!!Raffy will be a top 15 shortstop of all time by the time his career is done.
    Don't mind me, Raffy. I'm just having some fun with you.

^Okay... So you do think furcal is a great ss and lead off hitter?

^Okay... So you do think furcal is a great ss and lead off hitter?
    Yes, I do. I may not be as high on him as you are, but he is among the best today.

Oh, okay.I had it all wrong.I thought you despised furcal and wished the dodgers never shelled out the money for him.Don't you think it is ironic that he has made the playoffs every year as a major leaguer?He also has a rocket for an arm.I have gone to about 25 braves games and i'm only 14.Want to know why i have gone to so many games?Furcal.He is worth the price of admission alone.

If you have not seen furcal play in person you don't know what your missing.Please go see him play if you have not already.Furcal is the most exciting player in the game.Not jose reyes.Furcal.I have seen reyes play and he is not quite as fast as furcal.

I agree,furcal was the mvp of the dodgers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123