Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Ballpark Designs

Been goofing off with other things other than baseball parks, although I just started a Marlins Park v.3 and I'll post some pics as I get further along.

Dolphins idea:
    DolphinsIdea1.jpg

Bills idea:
    BillsIdea1.jpg

New Anfield Liverpool FC idea. Don't have the roof started yet:
    LiverpoolReds1.jpg

All the other ideas I've been seeing have been pretty cool. Keep them coming!

I actually like to draw up ballpark ideas. I know you use Google Sketchup, but how hard is it to use?

Ive hit a bit of a creative road block since my last park, so i thought i would try my hand at a real life park. I started with the Polo Grounds, but that quickly turned into a disaster, so i gave Comiskey Park a whirl, and its turning out good so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bhratbrat View Post
    I actually like to draw up ballpark ideas. I know you use Google Sketchup, but how hard is it to use?
    Its a little hard to figure out at first, but once you get the hang of it it is flat out addictive.

Getting further along on my Dolphins idea. Can probably tell I've been a little influenced by European football stadiums on this one.

DolphinsIdea2.jpg
    DolphinsIdea3.jpg

cool design. it'd be interesting if the dolphins ever get a new stadium (JRS is nearing 30 years old....).

but what of the giant video boards?

Well i finally finished it. im pretty pleased with how it came out.

Pelt and soxfan have unleashed the whoopass.

All I can say is...WOW!
    Baseball. The official sport of god.

You guys did great! I love looking back at the old stadiums and see the old school beer and cig. ads on the walls lol such a different time. Anything planned for the future guys?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Time to dig this thread out again, I finished my latest park. Its an Athletics idea for when they move to San Jose. Its a bit cookie cutter-ish, but thats ok. Let me know what you all think.

With baseball season about to start, here is the start of my modernized angel stadium plan. First of the old football outfield seating and the rock pile are gone and the dugout suites, and dimond club have been changed. Also most of the club level concorse has been reopened up and all of the 200 level concorse has been reopened. Going back to its roots.
    Modernized Angel Stadium 4.jpgModernized Angel Stadium 3.jpgModernized Angel Stadium 2.jpgModernized Angel Stadium 1.jpg

screen shot 3.jpgscreen shot 2.jpgscreen shot 1.jpgHere are some screen shots from the latest idea I have been working on for the Rays. Most people have recommended this location. Due to the site I've had to tighten up the deck structure. The small field level has private suites at the back end. A smaller second deck transitions into the bleachers. The 3rd deck is small as well from 1st to 3rd but then extends back into the area that the suite level above it occupies the space on the infield. This is all topped by the 4th deck. The back of the upper deck is 106' from the field level. The bullpens are tucked under the 2nd deck in the foul territory in the corners. The field dimensions are 335' down the left and right field lines, 375' to the power alleys and 405' to dead center. 8' high walls from foul pole to foul pole.

Thanks for sharing StLFan. Keep us updated. Looks like you are looking to keep the batter facing directly east. You could get away with rotating it clockwse a few degress to put the facade behind home plate right in the intersection of the propery in the northwest corner. But you're taking risks with sun exposure at that point. I like the brainstorm!

Thank you for the advice. I'll turn the design per your suggestions and tweak things a bit. I'll post my updates.

so far so good stlfan

You can take out that street next to first base if you need to, its a pointless road and they can make it end and people can go around.
    Last edited by Chevy114; 04-16-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Untitled-3.jpgUntitled-2.jpgUntitled-1.jpgSlightly redesigned my Rays idea.

Looking good!

this is more about location than design, but they are dream ballparks. One is in CincinnCincinatti1upperdeck.jpgcincinattiupperdeck2.jpgcincinattiupperdeck3.jpgpittsburgh2upperdeck1.jpgpittsburgh2upperdeck4.jpgatti in the area of Mt. Hope Drive, the other in Pittsburgh near Grandview Ave. I used google earth and a stadium called Harbor Park from google warehouse. Anyway, I like the pictures.

Nice job on the Ray's idea, stlfan. Can't wait to start seeing some of the detail going in. Really like a lot of the efforts I've seen lately.

And seeing that everyone has done something for the A's, I thought I'd give it a try as well. I thought about it and I just can't see the A's playing in anything other than a retro-style park. So I grudgingly came up with an idea for one. I say "grudgingly" because I've grown tired of them, but I went with one for this idea regardless. I had to tap into my inner Hok/Populous, which was a harrowing experience.

It has quirks, brick, arches and green-painted metal. I've gotten as far as the basic structure and seating textures. I thought I'd post pics of that before I start doing the exterior and before I started slightly cover up the seating with roofing. The seating area that goes back into the scoreboard is an area I've been referring to as "The Wedge", as it intrudes into the field in that fashion, which creates some quirky angles in the fencing. The front fencing of "The Wedge" will eventually have the out-of-town scoreboard. The dimensions are 325 feet down the left field line, 405 feet to center and 330 feet down right. The deepest park of the park is 409 feet.

A'sIdea1.jpg
    A'sIdea2.jpg
    A'sIdea3.jpg
    A'sIdea4.jpg
    Last edited by Pelt; 05-01-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Wow Pelt, that is really cool. Looks just like a HOK ballpark, especially the Wedge.

Angel Stadium Renovation

[Angelfan 2002fan's renovation is right on target...greatly done, but I would add one simple touch to complete the renovation (and please pardon me using his excellent illustration)...adding plam trees on the outer bank perimeter of the outfield slope per the attached image.

Gooberkitty

Quote Originally Posted by gooberkitty View Post
    [Angelfan 2002fan's renovation is right on target...greatly done, but I would add one simple touch to complete the renovation (and please pardon me using his excellent illustration)...adding plam trees on the outer bank perimeter of the outfield slope per the attached image.

Gooberkitty
    I am almost done with the interior details. I am debating between palm trees or orange trees along the back side of the slope. After seeing this I think I will go with the palm trees

I'm not done with all the detailing yet, but this is what I have so far.

Angelfan2012 is really on point with this Angel Stadium renovation...but intead of usingt the old scoreboard nopw in the parking lot, why not create a new one incorporating the current Angels logo on one side and updated scoreboard graphics facing the seating bowl per the attached illustrations...Yes? No?

GooberkittySlide1.JPG

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast