Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Ballpark Designs

Blog Entries
    Well, I've only posted probably less than 1% of the stadium designs I've drawn - as the saying goes, you ain't seen nothin' yet, like it or not.

Cool! wether I saw it allready or not, it would be cool to see some more of your work!
    LETS GO YANKEES!

If you guys would want to make your ideas come to life, you could use a program such as what I use: Google Sketchup. Here are some examples of a football stadium I made last month (sorry, I havent made any baseball stadiums yet). It's pretty easy to use considering all of the instruction I got were the video tutorials on the sketchup website. I've only been using this for a couple months and I find it to be pretty fun. It's free too.

Blog Entries
    cool! nice pics

Elvis still wating from you with anticipation
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    when you get the time, I cant wait!
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Denver, CO (an extension of Red Sox Nation)
    I haven't sketched it, but this is how my dream ballpark would look:

LF line: 310 ft.

Deepest Center: 420 ft.

RF Line: 302 ft.

I'd put an imposing 37 ft. wall in LF, with a quirky triangular-shaped CF and the bullpens in RF. I would also configure the wall in RF so that it goes out sharply and curves around, making it more like 380 ft. in right-center.

Wait a minute. . . isn't there already a ballpark like this?

Sorry, fellas. . . nothing I could design would be more perfect than Fenway Park.

Blog Entries
    lol, yea sure? I think you missed one, or at least, a better one:

Left to right:

318, 399, 408, 385, 314. Thats a very good one, there's a sketch of it, it would look somthing like this:

LETS GO YANKEES!

Since I'm a fan of the Polo Grounds dimensions, this is what I came up with when I tried to put a baseball field into a former soccer stadium in my hometown. I used Google Earth for the dimensions, I know 303 in left field can't be right if there's a 90 angle. The deepest point in center field is actually a corner of the soccer field.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thats pretty cool, but I dont think the right side is right, i mean how you drew it, 303 and 373, its to close to be that.

I'm learning Java at school, I wonder if I could do somthing with it in the future (other than using excel lol)
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    hey elvis, if you got time, think you could get some of your drawlings up? that would be pretty cool.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Quote Originally Posted by J25nadroj2042
    hey elvis, if you got time, think you could get some of your drawlings up? that would be pretty cool.
    Yeah, sorry about the delay. My computer "crashed" this week, so I've been spending a lot of time dealing with that mess. I just reinstalled Windows yestersday, so it may be a few more days to be back up and ready to roll. I still haven't reinstalled my scanner yet, and I actually lost my favorite photo editing software in the crash, but as soon as I get a new photosuite and get everything else back to normal I'll get some more drawings up here, I promise.

Blog Entries
    lol, ok sounds great! good luck getting your computer all in line.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Any way I can put Paint on here?

Blog Entries
    what are you asking?
    LETS GO YANKEES!

There is something called Paint, it is a progam where you can draw and paint things.

Ya. I'm assuming you have a saved document already.

Post a reply in this forum. Press the attatchment button at the top (the paper-clip). Once it is open, click on the "Browse" button. Select the file you want to upload, and press "Open". Then press "Upload". If it comes back saying your file is too large, you're gonna have to re-size it. But that should work, assuming that your file is smaller than 100 Kb.

If not:

Open the file in paint. Click on "Image" on the toolbar. Then, click on Stretch/Skew. Change the %'s to accomodate the size. I would suggest doing it 10% at a time, saving it, and trying to upload it again. Do this until it works.

I know this isn't the clearest of explanations, but I hope it works. If not, just post again with your problems.
    "Does this message discuss our national pastime in an interesting manner?"
    -BBF Policy, Section VII

Blog Entries
    There is something called Paint, it is a progam where you can draw and paint things.
    lol, the program, I know it, I use it a lot, yea why not? go ahead and post it! though you need to host it 1st.

edit: lol I just read RHP post, just host it on image shack or photo bucket, its free. Then take the address it spits out, and post it here, just make sure you have [img] [/img] around the link.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Is that better than what I'm doing now?
    -BBF Policy, Section VII

My First Baseball Stadium

Here. This is my first baseball stadium. It's pretty dull and boring on the outside because I couldn't think of anything that would have made it better. PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE THIS BETTER. Thank you. =)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kyle-
    Sure, go right ahead. I don't see a problem with it.

Okay, now Elvis, don't take this one seriously. If anything, this ballpark is pretty humerous.

I call this, "Are you kidding me? Field"

Left Field: 200 feet (100 foot wall)
    Left Center Field: 383 feet (30 foot wall)
    Center Field: 1,000 feet
    Right Center Field: 383 feet (30 foot wall)
    Right Field: 200 feet (100 foot wall)

-The area in left field is special. When a Home Run is hit there, no one is allowed to touch it. It will sit there for eternity, in peace. The only one allowed in is the old custodian of the park. People will recall the time that the local hero won the big game with a shot to left field, and gaze upon the old weathered ball in awe.

RichmondHill, that is an awesome idea.

100 foot walls? Wow!

You guys have some great ideas. I'd like to make some stadiums too. I'll have to better that though...150 foot walls all around the outfield. I like the pitchers battles.

Quote Originally Posted by TigersFanB406
    -The area in left field is special. When a Home Run is hit there, no one is allowed to touch it. It will sit there for eternity, in peace. The only one allowed in is the old custodian of the park. People will recall the time that the local hero won the big game with a shot to left field, and gaze upon the old weathered ball in awe.

RichmondHill, that is an awesome idea.
    =

Thanks.
    -BBF Policy, Section VII

Quote Originally Posted by Knick9
    Sure, go right ahead. I don't see a problem with it.

Okay, now Elvis, don't take this one seriously. If anything, this ballpark is pretty humerous.

I call this, "Are you kidding me? Field"

Left Field: 200 feet (100 foot wall)
    Left Center Field: 383 feet (30 foot wall)
    Center Field: 1,000 feet
    Right Center Field: 383 feet (30 foot wall)
    Right Field: 200 feet (100 foot wall)
    Hate to be out in the centre field bleachers.
    Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Padday
    Hate to be out in the centre field bleachers.
    Thankfully, there won't be any!

Again guys, don't take it that seriously. But I would like to see it in action, though, just to see how all the fielders adjust to the quirks. The outfielders would all have to be like Willy Mays to prevent the ball from entering deep center, while the infielders would have to play deeper than usual, and would have to wait for the bouncing balls off the huge wall. Also, as a batter, you better get your legs going here, because inside-the-park homeruns could be very common here. Pitchers may like it here because of the walls and the Polo Grounds Center Field x2, but anything can happen in baseball.

Rules:
    - Any wierd bounces into the foul territory stands (example: Skydome, Busch Stadium and the like) are a ground rule double.
    - If you hit a ball off a wall and into the stands (see above), it's a ground rule double.
    - Obviously, a ball hit over the 383 marks are a homerun. (Probably the only way you can jack one out; the power alleys)
    - It's 1,000 feet to center, so not even Barry Bonds or Albert Pujols can hit a homerun past that!

Eventually, I'd like to see Elvis' design of my ballpark.
    Last edited by Knick9; 09-26-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Poor Elvis, so much pressure being put on him. For shame on you.

Yah by the way Elvis could you build me a 1:2 scale model of the Polo Grounds for me.
    Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast