Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Ballpark Designs

100 foot walls? Wow!

You guys have some great ideas. I'd like to make some stadiums too. I'll have to better that though...150 foot walls all around the outfield. I like the pitchers battles.

Quote Originally Posted by TigersFanB406
    -The area in left field is special. When a Home Run is hit there, no one is allowed to touch it. It will sit there for eternity, in peace. The only one allowed in is the old custodian of the park. People will recall the time that the local hero won the big game with a shot to left field, and gaze upon the old weathered ball in awe.

RichmondHill, that is an awesome idea.
    =

Thanks.
    WAMCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Knick9
    Sure, go right ahead. I don't see a problem with it.

Okay, now Elvis, don't take this one seriously. If anything, this ballpark is pretty humerous.

I call this, "Are you kidding me? Field"

Left Field: 200 feet (100 foot wall)
    Left Center Field: 383 feet (30 foot wall)
    Center Field: 1,000 feet
    Right Center Field: 383 feet (30 foot wall)
    Right Field: 200 feet (100 foot wall)
    Hate to be out in the centre field bleachers.
    Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Padday
    Hate to be out in the centre field bleachers.
    Thankfully, there won't be any!

Again guys, don't take it that seriously. But I would like to see it in action, though, just to see how all the fielders adjust to the quirks. The outfielders would all have to be like Willy Mays to prevent the ball from entering deep center, while the infielders would have to play deeper than usual, and would have to wait for the bouncing balls off the huge wall. Also, as a batter, you better get your legs going here, because inside-the-park homeruns could be very common here. Pitchers may like it here because of the walls and the Polo Grounds Center Field x2, but anything can happen in baseball.

Rules:
    - Any wierd bounces into the foul territory stands (example: Skydome, Busch Stadium and the like) are a ground rule double.
    - If you hit a ball off a wall and into the stands (see above), it's a ground rule double.
    - Obviously, a ball hit over the 383 marks are a homerun. (Probably the only way you can jack one out; the power alleys)
    - It's 1,000 feet to center, so not even Barry Bonds or Albert Pujols can hit a homerun past that!

Eventually, I'd like to see Elvis' design of my ballpark.
    Last edited by Knick9; 09-26-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Poor Elvis, so much pressure being put on him. For shame on you.

Yah by the way Elvis could you build me a 1:2 scale model of the Polo Grounds for me.
    Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

(Probably the only way you can jack one out; the power alleys)
    I think that someone could hit a homerun over the 100 foot wall. It's only 200 feet away. What does everyone else think? It seems very possible to me.
    WAMCO!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondHillPhoenix
    I think that someone could hit a homerun over the 100 foot wall. It's only 200 feet away. What does everyone else think? It seems very possible to me.
    I might as well do some math.

Okay, take a look at Fenway's wall and let's compare it to AYKM? Field's walls.

/Walls/
    Fenway Park
    AYKM? Field

37 feet (about 40)
    100 feet

/Distances/
    310 feet
    200 feet

So, by looking at this, AYKM? Field's walls would have to be about 2 1/2 Fenway walls combined. So is it possible to hit a homerun at a distance of 200 feet with a 100 foot wall on it? I'd say it would be somewhat hard at the very least, because the ball can travel only so high once the batter hits it, no matter what the short distance is, the ball could hit the wall first.

Actually the crazy dimensions make me want to scetch out a diagram just to see what it would look like - stay tuned. But the 1000ft marker might as well be forever because it is physically impossible to hit a baseball that far.

As far as the 100ft high wall down a 200ft foul line, it might be doable, but that's crazy high. Imagine almost three green monsters stacked on top of each other! Another comparison: The last row of seats in PNC Park is only 88ft off the ground. So imagine trying to hit a homer even higher than that! You'd need a lot of luck and some designer 'roids.

All you would need, IMO, is a massive upper-cut swing, and a solid connection. It could happen. I'm not saying that it would be common, but it would be like a ball being hit out of tiger stadium. It would happen.
    WAMCO!

All you would need, IMO, is a massive upper-cut swing, and a solid connection. It could happen. I'm not saying that it would be common, but it would be like a ball being hit out of tiger stadium. It would happen.
    Yeah, you're probably right. The funny theing is that it basically would be nothing more than a high pop fly to the outfield. My guess is that it would be hard to do on purpose, but happen more frequently by accident, as most pop flies are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis
    Yeah, you're probably right. The funny theing is that it basically would be nothing more than a high pop fly to the outfield. My guess is that it would be hard to do on purpose, but happen more frequently by accident, as most pop flies are.
    If that's the case, then imagine the look on the batter's face throughout the process.

*Batter hits a high pop up*

Batter (thinking to himself):

*Suddenly, the ball disappears over the wall for a homerun!*

Batter:

Gee, that would be funny, Elvis!

That's more what I was thinking.
    WAMCO!

Blog Entries
    lol, thats an alsome park I guess there would be no OF seats unless the wall had windows in it, or have the whole thing a huge sheet of plexy glass.

the 3D model of a ballpark is pretty cool, whats that program your using again

as I said, im taking java, maybe I can do somthing with that eventually.
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Blog Entries
    Actually the crazy dimensions make me want to scetch out a diagram just to see what it would look like - stay tuned. But the 1000ft marker might as well be forever because it is physically impossible to hit a baseball that far.
    How about if I add 3 rows of Tal's Hills? 1 row on the 400ft mark, 1 row on the 600ft mark, and 1 row on the 800ft mark? It would have a bouncing effect?

How about if I add 3 rows of Tal's Hills? 1 row on the 400ft mark, 1 row on the 600ft mark, and 1 row on the 800ft mark? It would have a bouncing effect?
    Sounds more and more like a miniature golf course. But wouldn't those hills keep the ball from going further? Here's an idea! How about a field that slopes downhill as it goes out to centerfield with a 100ft sheer cliff at the end!

Sounds more and more like a miniature golf course. But wouldn't those hills keep the ball from going further? Here's an idea! How about a field that slopes downhill as it goes out to centerfield with a 100ft sheer cliff at the end!
    Problem with that is; fielders running for the ball might die.
    Now that wouldn't be very good would it.

How about a 100 foot wall that is 350 feet plus away?

I don't know if this was exactly what you were going for but...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Overhad view...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a paper airplane

LOL that's hilarious. Thanks for posting it. This is actually quite fun.

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast