View Poll Results: Do you miss Nos Amours?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, deeply, it's quiet here.

58 79.45%
  • No, team wouldn't last anyway

2 2.74%
  • I don't know

3 4.11%
  • I don't care

10 13.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you miss the Expos?

Yes, I miss the Expos. Very much. Baseball isn't the same without them. It also isn't the same since they went to three divisions and the Brewers went to the National League.

Speaking of Tim Wallach, I liked him as we share the same birthday.

I do miss them...as a former student of Plattsburgh State University (Upstate NY), they were my connection to Major League Baseball while up there, and they moved out mu junior year...I was too far from New York City, and I just generally enjoyed our excursions to Montreal anyway...and the Molson Dry...

Viva Le' Expos

Quote Originally Posted by Chisox73
    Not a stupid question there.

I miss the Expos too.

I miss seeing those cool uniforms.
    Yeah, miss'em as well....sure wish MLB would have let them move to
    Detroit, and set up shop in vacant Tiger stadium....

love the uniforms, wasn't too fond of the original hats...ugh!

the later uniforms, at the end and hats--were great as well..

How could you not miss such colorful franchise?
    I wish MLB could go back to Montreal someday.
    any baseball is beautiful. It is a perfect object for a man's hand. Pick it up and it instantly suggests its purpose; it is meant to be thrown a considerable distance thrown hard and with precision. Its feel and heft are the beginning of the sport's critical dimensions.

Nos Amours
    1969-2004

Gone,not fogotten

I confess I Miss the Expos of Montreal,when i was very much-younger,i had a friend,who adopted the Expos,He was also a big fan of the Montreal Canadiens,The American Basketball Association,off the chart kinda teams..Well I was much more a "conservative",with my allienances,growing up here in New England,Bruins,Red Sox,Pats,Celtics,etc...When we were growing up,we got our hands on as many APBA,or strat-o-matic games,that we could play...we played for hours on end......I can still remember it vividly..I can still remember,my 67 Red Sox,defeating his 73 Expos in a 7 game series,on APBA game,with 4 hitless innings of relief by John Wyatt,and Jose Santiago,winning 2-1...When we got a little older,we didnt play as much as we used 2,but(when we did)The Expos were a damn good team in the mid 70s...He got his revenge,The Expos,Carter,Dawson,Rodgers,That Outfield,Dave Cash,et al,beat my 75 Red Sox,or The Phillies,or The Reds,of that era...We got a lot older,and,"those games"didnt happen much anymore,but in 1995,we happened to meet again,we had a chance to talk about how the strike of 94,prob cost the expos their chance to be in the WS,well for the last time,we rolled the dice,and played that game,again,i think i was the 93 Phillies,well i beat him in the series like 4-1,it was a good weekend....My friend died at 47 about 4 yrs ago,and thats why i miss the Expos

I miss the Expos. They had talented players for sure.

Also, I believe Duke Snider did broadcasting for the Expos . . .

My Favorite Expos

In No Particular Order,or order of importance....just Expos,John BOCABELLA,Mack Jones,COCA-LABOY,ADOPHO PHILLIPS,,,LA GRANDE ORANGE,Bill STONEMAN,Ron Hunt,Woodie Fryman,could go on and on

As a dbacks and cubs fan, I can say that I do miss the Expos. I always thought they fielded a good team. Usually games against them were fun to watch. I havent seen that with the nats so far. I honestly think the Expos got gipped.

I soooo miss my Expos, I'm like a baseball orphan, before they moved man, I knew about every team and new players, now, not so much. I miss hearing the games on the radio, I used to listen to the french broadcast, nothing beats a bright summer day outside on the lake listening to Jacques Doucet and Rodger Brulotte call an Expos game, if god was a baseball announcer he would have Jacques voice, the best. I still love baseball but I dont have a team really, i guess I'll follow the METS this year, Pedro seems in fine shape and well Gary won a World Series with them so.

I'll tell you how I found this forum, I actually googled "I miss my Expos" and found you.

Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
    I soooo miss my Expos, I'm like a baseball orphan, before they moved man, I knew about every team and new players, now, not so much. I miss hearing the games on the radio, I used to listen to the french broadcast, nothing beats a bright summer day outside on the lake listening to Jacques Doucet and Rodger Brulotte call an Expos game, if god was a baseball announcer he would have Jacques voice, the best. I still love baseball but I dont have a team really, i guess I'll follow the METS this year, Pedro seems in fine shape and well Gary won a World Series with them so.

I'll tell you how I found this forum, I actually googled "I miss my Expos" and found you.

Thanks for the memories.
    Aha, that's cool!

Welcome Aboard
    Please read the Baseball Fever Site Policy and FAQ before posting.
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

I miss having 1/15 of the MLB up here. I'll always remember my first game, when the Jays beat the Expos 13-3.

Heidelberg, Germany / Birch Run, Michigan
    my first live mlb game was in Montreal 1997. Expos against Red Sox. I miss the team a lot since they got me into loving Baseball

Feh! You guys better get a baseball team soon! If Boston has to try to cope with the Habs we ought to be able to get revenge with the Red Sox!

Miss them

I will always miss the Expos...from the first time I walked into the Big O in 1985, to the late nights of listening to Van Horne and Singleton on the radio, to the daily treks to the Stade with my High School girlfriend to see the games in 87-89. She kept my Tim Wallach jersey after we broke up!!

The day they left Montreal...I gave up on the sport I loved...MLB.

Who can forget the sunny afternoon in LA when El Presidente was El Perfecto?

Yah i miss them too.
    They were my 2nd favorite team.
    I love the city of Montreal, followed the Expos as much as I could from down in the NYC...

!

Expos

Yes i do miss the Expos. i still remmber 1969 and Jarry Park. i do have some 1969 games on audio tape including a game from 1973 when the Expos killed the Mets at Jarry Park.
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

I'm sorry that Montreal lost its team (especially since it seems due to the scheming of Selig and Loria), but I really don't miss them. They always seemed to have the Mets number and in their new incarnation this is less so. I really don't miss their horrible stadium or garish uniforms either.

I miss 'em. My brother and I flew all the way from Seattle to Boston, then trekked our way out to Montreal in a car to see the Expos play in their last season at the Big O. What a humungous {empty} stadium! You could really see the Olympic glory the stadium once held. What a great city as well. There were only about 3,000 people at the stadium total, but it was still a good time. Patterson pitched a great game, and there was even a 'Grand Chalem' (sp? for grand slam in French) as the Expos beat the D-backs. It seems almost strange that Montreal had an MLB team as there didn't seem to be that many fans, but I did like the Expos. I even bought the team magazine for that final year and still have it in great shape in my bookshelf. The one thing that was great though was I bought 2 tickets for $20 Can. 3 rows behind homeplate...and that was before the Canadian dollar was so strong!

Expos Memory

I was looking through an old photo album the other day and noticed a picture of my daughter and I in our Expos caps after playing catch in the yard. She wanted that hat (the old tri color one) because was a huge Expos fan. She wore that hat day in and out through the summer of '98 and whenever we played catch. I first became an Expos fan because of Rusty Staub. I treasured that card. Funny what memories a picture can bring back.

Washington? Good Grief!

The first major league game I ever went to was Montreal vs Philadelphia at Veterans stadium, So I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Expos.
    It seems like MLB was dead set in moving the Expos, and did nothing to keep them in Montreal. It is a shame.
    Baseball. The official sport of god.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast