View Poll Results: Do you miss Nos Amours?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, deeply, it's quiet here.

58 79.45%
  • No, team wouldn't last anyway

2 2.74%
  • I don't know

3 4.11%
  • I don't care

10 13.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you miss the Expos?

homestead! where did u find this shirt? i look around on amazon and mlb but not much..its a shame how they try to bury them

The Nationals are not as interesting to me as the Expos were. I miss the Expos.

Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by NYMFAN47 View Post
    homestead! where did u find this shirt? i look around on amazon and mlb but not much..its a shame how they try to bury them
    Hey NYMFAN47 - I found this tshort and one that had the Montreal canadiens insignia on it on the web site listed below.

It took about a month and a half to get them but it was worth it. They also had a number of other tshirts including the Mets.

I just accessed the web site and the section on sports tshirts in no longer listed. If I were you I would contact the web master and request these shirts and I will do the same.

It seems strange that all of the shirts can be off-line. I would expect the Expos as the demand has diminished.

I will let you know if I hear from the web master and would appreciate it if you do the same

http://www.judaicawebstore.com/categ...x?categoryID=9

now i understand lol thanks ill try

I absolutely miss the Expos! I loved them back in 1987, even though my Cardinals were going to the World Series that year, I still liked more guys on the Expos than the Redbirds! Tim Raines was my favorite player when I started collecting baseball cards as a 10 year old in 1985. Loved him until he went to the White Sox, still rooted for him to get that ring with the Yanks in 1996. I would always be sure to complete every Expos team set in the 1980s and very early 1990s. My favorites were (in no particular order after Raines):

Time Raines, Andre Dawson, Tim Wallach, Charlie Lea, Steve Rodgers, Mark Langston (remember that trade in 1989?), Hubie Brooks, Mitch Webster, Bryn Smith, Vance Law, Tim Burke, Wallace Johnson, Mark Grudzielanek, Dennis Martinez, Mike Fitzgerald, and MGR Buck Rodgers.

Grudzy was really the only guy I followed in the 90s, more because I remember many announcers complaining about his name when he firts came up! Those 80s teams looked good, and played pretty well. Too bad they couldn't hold onto guys like Johnson, Raines, Larry Walker, etc. That 1994 team was kicking everyone's butt and I was real excited to see if they would win the World Series the year I graduated high school! Alas...

I was pretty upset about the move to Washington DC, and haven't really cared about the Nats at all. Good team, but it is way too different. I gotta get an Expos jersey now that I read this thread! It would be great to see another team there in Montreal (a city my wife and I have always wanted to visit), and even better if they wore those wonderful 1980s style Expos uniforms!
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"I sure was having a picnic with Frisch. You oughta seen the fellows in the clubhouse when I was puttin' him on. They was duckin' behind posts, tryin' to keep Frank from seein' how they was laughin', an' I had a time keepin' a straight face myself. I hope Frank manages the Cardinals forever. I sure love to drive that Dutchman nuts!" Dizzy Dean

Maybe the Montreal Expos can be reborn as a relocated Tampa Bay Rays! St. Pete's not a MLB city and Tropican Field is not a viable MLB facility. Maybe Cromartie and his Montreal Baseball Project can make it happen. Let's hope so and root for it to happen.

I live in Tampa bay. I could care less if the Rays leave.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I live in Tampa bay. I could care less if the Rays leave.
    What do you care less about?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    What do you care less about?
    Off-topic. Please ignore it, SDL.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin JEDI

I miss their unis, which were one billion times better than the boring, red, Walgreens ripoffs being worn in DC.
    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

The 'Big Owe' as it is now, is better than Tropicana Field. The Expos in the American League? Why not?

Though I was born in '69, a few teams that have moved from before my time are my favorites, including the Brooklyn Dodgers. The Expos became part of that when they moved. I'm an Indians fan ina ctuality, but there are certain teams, doing alternate histories and such, that I like.

Their '80s uniforms were really cool. Strawberry hitting the roof with a homer in '87 was amazing. They reach the World Series in '94 in what I'm working on now, but sadly, they seem like a team that might have had troubles even if Loria somehow buys the Marlins right away, give the very poor exchange rate and rising costs.

But, that's sort of why they're endearing. If they had succeeded, it would have been such a great story. And, as with the Brooklyn Dodgers, the way they left makes them feel a bi more endearing because they're a victim of larger markets and better pay and all the financial thigns that make baseball too much of a business and not the fun, innocent game it was meant to be, when I was a kid and Charlie Brown and his friends were the epitome of a great baseball team - at least when they won once ina decade.
    If Baseball Integrated Early - baseball integrated from the beginning - and "Brotherhood and baseball," the U.S. history companion, at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore - IBIE updated for 2011.

"Full House Chronology" at yahoo group fullhousefreaks & fullhouse4life with help of many fans, thanks for the input

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123