No, team wouldn't last anyway
    2.70%
    I don't know
    4.05%
    I don't care
    13.51%
    Cristobal
  • awexpos4ever

In hindsight I miss the "REAL" Expos - I've spent so much time researching Expos history that now I think of the team from 1998 & after differently than 1997 and before ... the last 7 seasons, except for a few great moments (i.e. 2003) were miserable ... I don't miss Frank Robinson, Tony Tavares, the art-collector and his midget step-son ...

But do I miss travelling half a day to get to the Stade, do I miss Jarry Park, I miss Vlad, Rock, Eli, Cro, Hawk, the Kid, Sigh, El Presidente and the remaining cast of charatcters .. sure do!

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
      It's good to be back
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by awexpos4ever
      In hindsight I miss the "REAL" Expos - I've spent so much time researching Expos history that now I think of the team from 1998 & after differently than 1997 and before ... the last 7 seasons, except for a few great moments (i.e. 2003) were miserable ... I don't miss Frank Robinson, Tony Tavares, the art-collector and his midget step-son ...

But do I miss travelling half a day to get to the Stade, do I miss Jarry Park, I miss Vlad, Rock, Eli, Cro, Hawk, the Kid, Sigh, El Presidente and the remaining cast of charatcters .. sure do!
      I'll miss Brad Wilkerson, Le Grand Orange, The Hawk, The Kid, Tim Raines and everyone except: the father(loria ), the son(samson) and bud-the greased.
      Cristobal

Comment

• Knick9
        the # of teams are down
        • Feb 2005

I sure miss them. h
        My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

• Chisox73
          Thunderstruck!
          • Jan 2000

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
          Stupid question, I know.
          I'm just curious.
          Not a stupid question there.

I miss the Expos too.

I miss seeing those cool uniforms.

Comment

• Yankeebiscuitfan

I sure miss them. I miss the search for the results. I miss positive feeling when I saw that they won and the anger when they lost.

To me it is a lot easier to bear, because I am not from Montreal and I have three other teams to root for. But they were sure my second favorite team.

I will always cherish the two Expos caps I have.

Comment

• Ontarioguy
              Youppi!
              • Aug 2003

Every day.
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Augustin_"Gus"
                Pas mal ça!
                • Jun 2004

I started working nights this summer. Those west coast road swings would have been even more enjoyable than before.
                From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

• Gjm130
                  • Dec 2005

Ohh yeah!!
                  Sure I miss them... I remember the 03 season, that was our year, we had Bartolo Colon, Livan Hernandez, Orlando Hernandez (El Duque = The Duce), Armas Junior, Vidro, Guerrero, Orlando Cabrerra, Michael Barrett ..... Man, I 'm tellin' you guys, the 03 season was ours..........(We shouldn't have lost against the Philies in the last series of the season)
                  Loria and his partner in crime, Samson, will pay for this!!!!
                  REMEMBER THE EXPOS

Comment

• ElVenado
                    Venados 4ever!
                    • Mar 2006

I sure do!

Hi everyone! I can't believe I just found this site being a life-time baseball fan. I'm from a coaster city in Mexico named "Mazatlan" (you might've been there if you were a spring-breaker, hehe ), with its own baseball team named "Venados" (Deers) who won the 2005 Caribbean Series.

Anyway when I found this thread, many memories came to me again... It was mid december 1990, a few days before Christmas, when wandering around a store, I suddenly saw it... it seemed funny at first glance, so I took a second glance... it wasn't funny! it was quite outstanding among the others!... it was a Montrèal Expos cap; the first model they wore: white, blue and red.

I was 13 y/o, completely broke at the time, wishing to have in my pocket the $20 USD it costed. Then, like fallen from heaven, there she was: my mother (1953-2004)... I begged for money like a dog! , I promised I would behave (didn't! ), promised more than a politician and after all that struggle, I got it as one of my Christmas presents, maybe one of the most reminded gifts I've ever got. From that day on, I knew I would cheer for the Expos no matter what... and the years went by... some thrilling seasons, like the 1994 season, I was in the US at the time, I was 17 y/o and eager to attend to a MLB game at San Diego, hoping the Expos were playing against the Padres those days I was staying there, but they didn't... then, the strike.. Oh, my good Lord, they were first in NL and now they suspended the season! I felt frustrated like no other time in my life...

And then, one of those days, one of my friends, a girl from Montrèal I met over the Yahoo! chat quite a few years ago, gave me the stunishing notice: Lacking attendance, The Expos were broke and the other MLB teams were to buy them... It sound bad, very bad... the rest is history. I was eager to sell my soul if that got me a ticket to attend my beloved Expos' last season's game. Some tears rolled down my face when the last man was out... It was the end of the Expos and a part of my teenage memories was taken apart from me...

So my answer to that question is: YES! A LOT! I do miss them althoug I never got the chance to watch them play live.

Comment

• Ontarioguy
                      Youppi!
                      • Aug 2003

Touching Story, ElVenado...Welcome to Baseball-Fever, if you stick around, you will learn to love this place. Feel free to post anything about the Expos, we're always looking for some fresh discussion!
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
                        It's good to be back
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Gjm130
                        Ohh yeah!!
                        Sure I miss them... I remember the 03 season, that was our year, we had Bartolo Colon, Livan Hernandez, Orlando Hernandez (El Duque = The Duce), Armas Junior, Vidro, Guerrero, Orlando Cabrerra, Michael Barrett ..... Man, I 'm tellin' you guys, the 03 season was ours..........(We shouldn't have lost against the Philies in the last series of the season)
                        Loria and his partner in crime, Samson, will pay for this!!!!
                        The best season ever!
                        I saw them the night they crushed the PHillies 8-0 and tied the MArlins (who lost 9-0) for the wild card lead.

Memories...
                        Cristobal

Comment

• CaliforniaCajun
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by awexpos4ever

I miss them because of their ability to develop players and a lot of them. Had they been able to retain players, they may have fielded one of the greatest teams of all time. The 1994 team was the best in baseball before the season was canceled, and a World Series victory could have been the start of something big.

I think the first nail in the coffin was Olympic Stadium, the second one was the strike shortened 1994 season, and the third was baseball economics. It bothers me that MLB didn't try harder to save the franchise in Montreal.

Comment

• mikey_s
                            • Jan 2000

yes

Comment

• Little Left Hander
                              • Jun 2006

Do you miss the Expos?

I miss the Expos. I was so glad I got a chance to see them play in Montreal in their last year. I saw them play the Cubs on 8-30-04.

It seems so many great players played for the Montreal Expos at one time or another. Al Oliver, Pete Rose, Andre Dawson, Tim Raines, Gary Carter and Randy Johnson. Also many good role players like Rex Hudler and Wallace Johnson.

The Expos will never be forgotten.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X