Thread: Blyleven comes up short in Hall voting

Blyleven comes up short in Hall voting

I still have to cling on to the hope that someday the writers will see the errors of their ways and elect Blyleven.

He should be in there for his pitching merits, but add the "You are herby circled". I can't see one reason why he's not there now.
    "Never expect anything and you'll always be suprised" - Unknown

He's made good strides in the past few years and seems to have momentum on his side. I still say the odds are against the writers electing him (though he certainly should be there).

Blyleven

He was a dominating pitcher with the best curveball of his era. His stats are HOF worthy. I'm surprised that he only went to two all-star games. I also noticed that Gary DiSarcina didn't get a vote. Guess he'll never get his own thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGelnarFan
    I also noticed that Gary DiSarcina didn't get a vote. Guess he'll never get his own thread.....
    Alex Fernandez also did not get a single vote. At least DiSarcina is a pretty good analyst for NESN and the Red Sox.

DiSarcina

I didn't know that. Maybe he'll Make it in the announcers wing some day.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxVT92
    Alex Fernandez also did not get a single vote. At least DiSarcina is a pretty good analyst for NESN and the Red Sox.