Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket question

Ticket question

I'm planning a trip to the California parks this summer. Does anyone have any recommendations for moderately-priced seats with a great view? (For example, at Jacobs Field, it would be the bleachers, provided you can get near the left-field foul pole and close down, not row YY). Are there any tickets where you're only allowed to enter certain gates and only go in certain sections of the park? Thanks
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Dodger Stadium has their entrance gates at each level, meaning if you have a ticket for the Reserved level, you enter at a Reserved Level gate and are confined on that level for your stay at the ballpark. It's that way for the Top Deck and Pavilions too. I think a Club Level ticket is the only one that gets you access to all the levels. A lot has been made (Mostly from visiting fans) of how this sucks, but since I grew up with it this way, it doesn't bother me. I personally think the Reserved Level (between the bases or the first 8-10 rows down the lines) offers the best seats for not a lot of money. The same seats at Yankee Stadium are $50, while these seats are $15-20! The Pavilions are also a big bargain. They went up to $8 this season, but that's still less than half of what many teams are charging for thier bleacher seats. Top Deck seats are very high up, but offer a great overall view of the field for $6.
    Last edited by Elvis; 01-24-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis9045
    Dodger Stadium has their entrance gates at each level, meaning if you have a ticket for the Reserved level, you enter at a Reserved Level gate and are confined on that level for your stay at the ballpark. It's that way for the Top Deck and Pavilions too. I think a Club Level ticket is the only one that gets you access to all the levels. A lot has been made (Mostly from visiting fans) of how this sucks, but since I grew up with it this way, it doesn't bother me. I personally think the Reserved Level (between the bases or the first 8-10 rows down the lines) offers the best seats for not a lot of money. The same seats at Yankee Stadium are $50, while these seats are $15-20! The Pavilions are also a big bargain. They went up to $8 this season, but that's still less than half of what many teams are charging for thier bleacher seats. Top Deck seats are very high up, but offer a great overall view of the field for $6.
    I've heard of some level restrictions at stadiums but it'd be nice to be able to walk around the WHOLE stadium without springing for a Club. It doesn't seem that the colors always correspond on the seating chart, I'm not sure which are Reserved, they need to fix that
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond
    I've heard of some level restrictions at stadiums but it'd be nice to be able to walk around the WHOLE stadium without springing for a Club. It doesn't seem that the colors always correspond on the seating chart, I'm not sure which are Reserved, they need to fix that
    The seating levels have had the same names since 1962:
    Field Level (Yellow - first tier)
    Loge level (Orange - second tier)
    Club Level (Rainbow/suites)
    Reserved Level (Turqoise - previously blue - third tier)
    Top Deck (Sky Blue - previously red - fourth tier)

If you want to tour the whole ballpark try making friends with an usherette. Oh, and never mind the Dodger Dogs. Go to Pink's on LaBrea for a great dog before the game! Dodger Dogs are over-rated unless you grew up with them.

Dodger Dogs are over-rated unless you grew up with them.
    If you go to Smart and Final, but the pack of 18 Farmer John Dodger Dogs for $6.99, and a pack of Buns that are a bit bigger. Then you take them home and grill them on your own grill, while you watch a sporting event, and they are very tastey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesteve32
    If you go to Smart and Final, but the pack of 18 Farmer John Dodger Dogs for $6.99, and a pack of Buns that are a bit bigger. Then you take them home and grill them on your own grill, while you watch a sporting event, and they are very tastey.
    Except I won't be home. Well, it looks like the Dodgers have more righthanded power for now so I'll hope the visitors when I go have more righthanded power, both teams throw lefthanders out, and I'll be in my pavilion seat in left

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesteve32
    Have you ever tried poking a few holes in them and marinating them in beer and celery salt for an hour? VERY tastey off the grill! I love Dodger Dogs mostly because they're an instant pleasant memory-trigger, which I suppose is why we like certain foods especially well.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a hot dog snob now and prefer dogs with a natural casing that have that "snap" when you bite them like Cupid's, Nathan's and Pink's. There's a Cupid's right next to where I work and I'm afraid I eat there more often than I should . Farmer John dogs don't have a snap, so they're kind of mushy, but they doo have a wonderful flavor that brings me back to those happy times of getting mustard all over my shirt while I watched Steve Sax throw one into the first row.
    Last edited by Elvis; 01-25-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Farmer John dogs don't have a snap, so they're kind of mushy, but they doo have a wonderful flavor that brings me back to those happy times of getting mustard all over my shirt while I watched Steve Sax throw one into the first row.
    Steve Sax threw hotdogs into the first row? The Indians mascot Slider does that

Except I won't be home. Well, it looks like the Dodgers have more righthanded power for now so I'll hope the visitors when I go have more righthanded power, both teams throw lefthanders out, and I'll be in my pavilion seat in left
    You can't go wrong with the LF Pavilion, I love it in those seats. It's a fun atmosphere out there - different from the other sections, partly because there's no beer sold and you can't see the DiamondVision, so we have to make things interesting without them . You'll have a great time!

You can't go wrong with the LF Pavilion, I love it in those seats. It's a fun atmosphere out there - different from the other sections, partly because there's no beer sold and you can't see the DiamondVision, so we have to make things interesting without them . You'll have a great time!
    If only Padres fans were as lively (not a single response after more than 24 hours)

Blog Entries
    Agreed, the LF Pavilion is the place to watch the games, especially if LA is playing the Giants. The only knock on it is that mobility is limited and you won't be able to see the stadium, but the excitement is still there. Reserved is the section where all the beachballs start their migration around the ballpark, and there are a lot of rowdy fans there, but the sight lines are great.

I've only had the pleasure of going to Pink's once (it's too far out of the way on my return trips home), but I'll make it a point to go there sometime this season during my annual high school reunion Dodger games.
    SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
    "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

RuthMayBond:I've heard of some level restrictions at stadiums but it'd be nice to be able to walk around the WHOLE stadium without springing for a Club.

at pac bell, the only sections with restricted access are:
    field club and premium field club sections (sections 109-124);
    AAA club section (201-234).

the entire park is otherwise open for strolling.

even a $10 sro (standing room only) ticket'll get you everywhere a non-club ticket would.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Elvis9045: I love Dodger Dogs mostly because they're an instant pleasant memory-trigger...

c'mon, man. dodger dogs used to be the best.
    they changed the taste of 'em years ago.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by west coast orange and black
    Elvis9045: I love Dodger Dogs mostly because they're an instant pleasant memory-trigger...

Huh? Where'd you here that? I've been eating them since 1979 and they're exactly the same, in fact I just had some last week. Believe me, if Farmer John ever changed the recipe for their dogs they'd have their factory fire-bombed. In fact, when FOX switched food service companies and they stopped grilling the dogs it was mutiny at the Ravine! Needless to say, soon afterwards we got out grills back at the stadium.

Don't mess with the Dodger Dog.

ok, elvis, i stand corrected.

it musta been that they din't grill them one particular time that i was there.

dodger dogs are great, yer right!

Quote Originally Posted by west coast orange and black

The don't grill them anymore except at special concession stands that say "grilled." and have the long lines. I even know that even though I have been to the Ravine, not counting the game I umpired there in 2004, three times in the last decade and for one ST Freeway Series game. BTW, the Angels won that game and love shouting "scoreboard" in reply to the "Angels suck" chant.

About 15 miles East of Blue Heaven on Earth, Dodger Stadium
    I love Dodger dogs but I make sure I go to the sections with the sign "Grilled" The majority of the stands are grilled except.... the pavilliom, they are steamed there.

If you get early to the park to watch batting practice, you can enter at any of the gates provided you have a tickets to the field, Loge, Reserved or top deck. You can't go from those sections to the pavillions without having to go out out and come back in. The tickets at the Top deck are the cheapest now at $6. You get a beautiful view of the mountains from there and the Top of the Park gift shop is there.

I love OLOCR (Our lady of Chavez Ravine). Can't wait to be there listening to Vinny on the radio.
    Last edited by crzblue; 01-26-2006 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crzblue
    I love Dodger dogs but I make sure I go to the sections with the sign "Grilled" The majority of the stands are grilled except.... the pavilliom, they are steamed there.

If you get early to the park to watch batting practice, you can enter at any of the gates provided you have a tickets to the field, Loge, Reserved or top deck.
    You can't watch BP with a pavilion ticket?

You can't watch BP with a pavilion ticket?
    No, you can of course, don't worry. This is what crzblue meant:

LOS ANGELES DODGERS BATTING PRACTICE GUIDELINES
    The Los Angeles Dodgers invite fans of all ages to enter the stadium early to watch Dodger batting practice. Fans are allowed to enter either the Left Field Pavilion or the left field Field entrance two hours prior to the start of the game with a ticket for any location. All other entrances into the stadium will open one and one half hours prior to the start of the game.

Pavilion area ticket holders are allowed to enter the Left Field Pavilion only. Ticket holders for all other levels are allowed to enter the left field Field entrance or may also enter the Left Field Pavilion to watch batting practice.

Fans watching batting practice on the Field Level will be able to watch from Aisle 19 to Aisle 57. Fans watching from the Pavilion will be able to watch from any aisle in Left Field Pavilion.

At the conclusion of batting practice, fans will be asked to move to the location or level designated on their ticket.

Guidelines for a 1:10pm Start
    11:10 a.m. - Parking lots open to fans
    11:10 a.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
    11:40 a.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

Guidelines for a 7:10 p.m. Start
    5:10 p.m. - Parking lots open to fans
    5:10 p.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
    5:40 p.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

Guidelines for a 7:40 p.m. Start
    5:40 p.m. - Parking lots open to fans
    5:40 p.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
    6:10 p.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

Oh, and the Top of the Park gift shop is open from when the parking gates open until 1 hour after the game ends on game days, and regular business hours on non game days. It's located at the Top Deck level behind home plate.
    Last edited by Elvis; 01-26-2006 at 09:05 PM.

No, you can of course, don't worry. This is what crzblue meant:

LOS ANGELES DODGERS BATTING PRACTICE GUIDELINES
    The Los Angeles Dodgers invite fans of all ages to enter the stadium early to watch Dodger batting practice. Fans are allowed to enter either the Left Field Pavilion or the left field Field entrance two hours prior to the start of the game with a ticket for any location. All other entrances into the stadium will open one and one half hours prior to the start of the game.

Pavilion area ticket holders are allowed to enter the Left Field Pavilion only. Ticket holders for all other levels are allowed to enter the left field Field entrance or may also enter the Left Field Pavilion to watch batting practice.

Fans watching batting practice on the Field Level will be able to watch from Aisle 19 to Aisle 57. Fans watching from the Pavilion will be able to watch from any aisle in Left Field Pavilion.

At the conclusion of batting practice, fans will be asked to move to the location or level designated on their ticket.

Guidelines for a 1:10pm Start
    11:10 a.m. - Parking lots open to fans
    11:10 a.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
    11:40 a.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

Guidelines for a 7:10 p.m. Start
    5:10 p.m. - Parking lots open to fans
    5:10 p.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
    5:40 p.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

Guidelines for a 7:40 p.m. Start
    5:40 p.m. - Parking lots open to fans
    5:40 p.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
    6:10 p.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

Oh, and the Top of the Park gift shop is open from when the parking gates open until 1 hour after the game ends on game days, and regular business hours on non game days. It's located at the Top Deck level behind home plate.
    Two hours early, that's my plan, thanks

bluesteve32: The don't grill them anymore except at special concession stands that say "grilled."

i must've been in the wrong line, then.
    i continue to comment on dodger dogs only because they are so good and remind me of my earliest visits to dodger stadium.

No, you can of course, don't worry. This is what crzblue meant...
    thanks Elvis for posting the rules.

I am excited I am going to the WIN event. I can't attend the caravan as I leave early in the morning for a business trip. Are you going to the Caravan?

Quote Originally Posted by crzblue
    thanks Elvis for posting the rules.

I am excited I am going to the WIN event. I can't attend the caravan as I leave early in the morning for a business trip. Are you going to the Caravan?
    Hi Emma. No, it seems I'm always working. I'm surprised I actually have time to go to any games, but I will find a way!

I can't wait to see how OLCR looks with the new renovations!

Hi Emma. No, it seems I'm always working. I'm surprised I actually have time to go to any games, but I will find a way!

I can't wait to see how OLCR looks with the new renovations!
    Elvis,
    Come spring, she is going to look great. I remember last year during February when I went to the "I LIVE for THIS" and saw just dirt on the field in preparation for the grass, I was worry, but by Opening day she looked mighty pretty. Can't wait for those magic words from Vinny "Iiiis Time for Dodger baseball"

What exactly is between sections 313 & 314, and are fans allowed to jump onto "it"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast