• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilkerson_rulz-06
    It's good to be back
    • Aug 2005

Nationals offer contracts to Felix Rodriguez and Daryle Ward

The official website of the Washington Nationals with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

The official website of the Washington Nationals with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Wow...my 1000th post!, never thought I'd surpass anyone.
    Cristobal
  • KingJ
    Western fan of the East
    • Jun 2005

I don't like either. Felix Rodriguez doesn't tempt me at all and all Daryle Ward would do is keep 1B Larry Broadway stuck in AA for next season. h

EDIT: Heh, I reached 600 posts in this thread.
    Last edited by KingJ; 01-24-2006, 03:44 PM.
    The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
    Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

• Ryan25Zimmerman
      Zimmerman for NLROY 2006
      • Jan 2006

I don't like these signings if they occur. We offered Bill Bray and a 2004? first round draft pick for Gathright? That's not nearly enough if they're trying to get him. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing Gathright patrolling CF for the Nationals.

Sidenote: What do you guys think is going to happen with Larry Broadway? Is the reason we signed Nick Johnson to only a one year deal because we are going to trade him? I think broadway has a future and will be great. I wonder how this one will play out :gt
      :atthepc
      "Hey crazy eyes I brought your pizza"
      "Mmm oreos and gumballs"

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
        It's good to be back
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Ryan25Zimmerman
        I don't like these signings if they occur. We offered Bill Bray and a 2004? first round draft pick for Gathright? That's not nearly enough if they're trying to get him. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing Gathright patrolling CF for the Nationals.

Sidenote: What do you guys think is going to happen with Larry Broadway? Is the reason we signed Nick Johnson to only a one year deal because we are going to trade him? I think broadway has a future and will be great. I wonder how this one will play out :gt
        I think WAS will keep Nicky and move Broadway to SS or platoon him.
        I also see them trading Cristian Guzman for pitching.
        Cristobal

Comment

• Bob Hannah
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
          I think WAS will keep Nicky and move Broadway to SS or platoon him.
          I also see them trading Cristian Guzman for pitching.
          Broadway at short? He's a lefty. You must be thinking of someone else.

If Desmond developes as planned, he is the heir apparent at shortstop but may not be ready in '07.

Comment

• KingJ
            Western fan of the East
            • Jun 2005

Broadway can't play short. He is already 26, can't move positions, and needs to improve this year or else he probably won't have a future. Then again...Ryan Church didn't come until last year at age 27.

Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

• KingJ
              Western fan of the East
              • Jun 2005

Oh and Brendan Harris is who you are probably thinking of, wilkerson. There was talk of him becoming a SS.

Comment

• Ryan25Zimmerman
                Zimmerman for NLROY 2006
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by KingJ
                Oh and Brendan Harris is who you are probably thinking of, wilkerson. There was talk of him becoming a SS.
                If Harris works out at SS, it would be great until Desmond is ready. Then again....Guzman's contract
                "Mmm oreos and gumballs"

Comment

• KingJ
                  Western fan of the East
                  • Jun 2005

According to Rotoworld, Rodriguez has apparently accepted the deal, Ward is undecided still, and Sammy Sosa and his agent are meeting with Bowden tonight.

Oh and Washington Post said that Nationals might finally make the trade for Reds OFs Pena, Dunn, or Kearns. Bowden has always wanted them, but the Reds GM and Owner have never wanted to have anything to do with him (both are now gone).

Comment

• Ryan25Zimmerman
                    Zimmerman for NLROY 2006
                    • Jan 2006

According to Rotoworld, Rodriguez has apparently accepted the deal, Ward is undecided still, and Sammy Sosa and his agent are meeting with Bowden tonight.

Oh and Washington Post said that Nationals might finally make the trade for Reds OFs Pena, Dunn, or Kearns. Bowden has always wanted them, but the Reds GM and Owner have never wanted to have anything to do with him (both are now gone).
                    Aqcuiring any of those guys would be great. Now that we have Soriano, we could throw more at them. Maybe Soriano for Pena and a few minor league pitchers?

I guess Rodriguez doesn't hurt the bullpen, but he doesn't make it much better so I really don't know what to think of this signing yet. I guess only time will tell :gt
                    "Mmm oreos and gumballs"

Comment

• KingJ
                      Western fan of the East
                      • Jun 2005

Maybe Soriano for Pena and a few minor league pitchers?
                      Reds have one of the lowest payrolls in the league. No way would they be willing to pay a lot of Soriano's $12 mil salary (they got rid of Casey because his was too big at $7.5 mil), plus the Reds staff is so bad that pitching prospects are god-like creatures in their eyes. Plus, Pena's OBP sucks and is only a 20 HR hitter which is what Termell Sledge and Brad Wilkerson could do blind folded.

Alfonso Soriano for Adam Dunn with Nats paying for at least 2/3 of Soriano's Salary would probably be the best deal for us. We lose a lot of speed we had with Soriano around the bases, but we gain a LEFTY (not righty like Pena and Soriano) who is capable of WALKING (not striking out like Pena and Soriano) 100+ times and hitting 40+ HRs (not 20 or so like Pena and Soriano) who will be willing to play the OF (not like Soriano).
                      Last edited by KingJ; 01-25-2006, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Ryan25Zimmerman
                        Zimmerman for NLROY 2006
                        • Jan 2006

Reds have one of the lowest payrolls in the league. No way would they be willing to pay a lot of Soriano's $12 mil salary (they got rid of Casey because his was too big at $7.5 mil), plus the Reds staff is so bad that pitching prospects are god-like creatures in their eyes. Plus, Pena's OBP sucks and is only a 20 HR hitter which is what Termell Sledge and Brad Wilkerson could do blind folded.

Alfonso Soriano for Adam Dunn with Nats paying for at least 2/3 of Soriano's Salary would probably be the best deal for us. We lose a lot of speed we had with Soriano around the bases, but we gain a LEFTY (not righty like Pena and Soriano) who is capable of WALKING (not striking out like Pena and Soriano) 100+ times and hitting 40+ HRs (not 20 or so like Pena and Soriano) who will be willing to play the OF (not like Soriano).
                        Dunn had 168 strikeouts last year
                        "Mmm oreos and gumballs"

Comment

• Bob Hannah
                          • Oct 2002

Dunn also had a .387 OBP, slugged .540, 40 HR, 35 doubles, 101 RBI. He struck out about 20 more times than Wilkerson, they hit for the same average, Dunn walked more. But Dunn plays first. And I doubt if the Reds would trade him.

The Nats were hot on Pena early part of last year. I look more in that direction. Wily Mo is a hacker. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Soriano, he seems like nothing but trouble for the Nationals, but the Reds would have to give up more than Pena, otherwise we've done a Wilkerson for Pena trade and wind up losing.
                          Last edited by Bob Hannah; 01-26-2006, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Ryan25Zimmerman
                            Zimmerman for NLROY 2006
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Bob Hannah
                            Dunn also had a .387 OBP, slugged .540, 40 HR, 35 doubles, 101 RBI. He struck out about 20 more times than Wilkerson, they hit for the same average, Dunn walked more. But Dunn plays first. And I doubt if the Reds would trade him.

The Nats were hot on Pena early part of last year. I look more in that direction. Wily Mo is a hacker. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Soriano, he seems like nothing but trouble for the Nationals, but the Reds would have to give up more than Pena, otherwise we've done a Wilkerson for Pena trade and wind up losing.
                            Bring RFK into play and that number goes down quite a bit.

I agree though that the Reds will probably not give up Dunn, and thats why we should offer Soriano for Pena and some minor leaguers.
                            Last edited by Bob Hannah; 01-26-2006, 10:28 AM. Reason: misspelling in the quote
                            "Mmm oreos and gumballs"

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
                              It's good to be back
                              • Aug 2005

Bring RFK into play and that number goes down quite a bit.

I agree though that the Reds will probably not give up Dunn, and thats why we should offer Soriano for Pena and some minor leaguers.
                              Soriano for Pena, Kearns and a lefty would be almost worth it.
                              or Soriano for Pena or Kearns plus a lefty.
                              Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X