Thread: Jairo Garcia = Santiago Casilla?

Jairo Garcia = Santiago Casilla?

Uh.... What? To say I'm totally confused is an understatement - does anyone have any news on how a pitcher changes name and age over the course of an offseason?
    Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Huh. I haven't heard anything about that. I've seen him listed as Jairo Garcia everywhere. I'll look into that...
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

What triggered this was a rather cryptic sentence in a somewhat unrelated story here: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...rry&id=2347172

'... Barry Zito is entering his free-agent walk year and Dominican pitcher Jairo Garcia will show up one of these days two years older and bearing a new name -- Santiago Casilla?'
    Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Yes, there's an article about it in the newest Baseball America. Jairo was ranked the #7 prospect in the A's system, and according to write Jim Callis, his age/name change doesn't affect that rank. He may end up being Huston Street's set up man in a few years, but is said to have closer 'stuff'.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg