• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Augustin_"Gus"
    Pas mal ça!
    • Jun 2004

They're in great shape

The more I look at the rosters for the WBC, the more I think Panama might be the darkhorse in all this. They're roster is full of players who left a permanent mark in the psyche of the Montréal baseball fans. They have a reliable ace in Bruce Chen. A guy behind the plate that will keep activity on the bases very low, while giving a good contribution on offense in Einar Diaz, and last but not least, they have a great offensive sparkplug in the person of Jose "retrait 4-3" Macias.

Could they challenge the Dominicans, the US and Cuba?

And what about those Italians? If they decide to put Valentino Pascucci in the batting order to protect Mike Piazza, they might finish the tournament with 0 hits between the two of them.

Piazza cause he got an intentional walk every time he stepped up to the plate, and Pascucci caus' he struck out single every time...
    Last edited by Augustin_"Gus"; 03-03-2006, 03:00 AM.
    From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season
  • Augustin_"Gus"
    Pas mal ça!
    • Jun 2004

And did I forget to mention?

The US will have another Expo great in their lineup. Gary Majewski will, I guess... throw BP for the american team, I don't know what he's gonna do over there.

When you see the Americans have this guy on the roster, you say to yourself: Well, perhaps Canada does have a chance...
    From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

• Ontarioguy
      Youppi!
      • Aug 2003

I hate to be 'Mr. Negative' but I'm not into this WBC at all. I'm not sure why. I hope it's not because of Canada's limited chances, because that would make me a bandwagoner.

I just seem to prefer club play rather than national play. Maybe it has more to do with the weather these days. It sure was windy today.

We'll see what happens when the games begin, maybe then I'll be drawn in.

By the way, Is Scott Downs pitching for Canada? If so, then we're in trouble.
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Augustin_"Gus"
        Pas mal ça!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
        I hate to be 'Mr. Negative' but I'm not into this WBC at all. I'm not sure why. I hope it's not because of Canada's limited chances, because that would make me a bandwagoner.

I just seem to prefer club play rather than national play. Maybe it has more to do with the weather these days. It sure was windy today.

We'll see what happens when the games begin, maybe then I'll be drawn in.

By the way, Is Scott Downs pitching for Canada? If so, then we're in trouble.
        If Downs was from Panama, he would start for sure...

Of course, club play is better, but personally I don't have a club. So team Canada will probably be the only baseball team I'll root for all year.

Unless of course, the Yankees play the World Series. Then I'll be a die hard fan of the other team. But that's a long way down the road.

Comment

• Ontarioguy
          Youppi!
          • Aug 2003

Looking at the Schedule, I'll be able to see Canada play S. Africa and Mexico. I'll miss the US beating due to work. Hopefully we can slip past Mexico. If we do that we'll probably play Japan or Korea.

Who knows, maybe Canada could have a good run. It'd be great for the game up here, that's for sure.
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X