Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interested in joining our league?

--Hank, you can pick which of the 3 doormats you'd like to use as your training team for 1963 (1961 A's, Phillies or Senators). You'll have that roster intact and will be able to sign any leftovers when the normal offseason activity is over to fill your holes (as best as you can with those teams and the remaining options anyway). You'll be able to create your own team to replace that one in 1964.
    --We still need two new owners. If you are a regular poster and have an interest in historical simulations please apply here.

Hank - If I were you, I'd take a serious look at the Phillies. They were horrible in 1961 and won't do much in 1963, but they put up some decent numbers in 1964 and could make you somewhat competetive out of the gate.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

OK, Hank's on board... here's who else posted with interest:

- reds2221
    - runningshoes
    - Wamby
    - Wasp
    - Windy City Fan

anyone on this list still interested?

Blog Entries
    I could be interested if you really need me, but I only have so much computer time, and even though I post pretty much every day, I'm also in the new version of the All-Time draft and the BBF Transaction game. This looks pretty cool, though.

With a name like "Maple Syrup Man", you're bound to be a great addition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac195
    With a name like "Maple Syrup Man", you're bound to be a great addition.
    Is that a compliment or an insult?

BTW, about what I said earlier, if Hank can do it, so can I.

Is that a compliment or an insult?
    ... a compliment. I like mayple syrup, and it has the same sort of old home New England feeling as "Hard Cider", which is the name of my team.

Maybe the Maple Syrup can be based out of Maine.

Other suggestions:
    - Fighting Syrup
    - Maple Men

Blog Entries
    If I can join, I could take any one of the teams, it doesn't matter to me.

--Okay, Hank86 and MSM are in as "owners-in-training" then. You'll be running one of our previously computer managed teams in 1963 and have a limited availability to make moves. You can pick from the 1961 Phillies, A's and Senators. We are still hashing out whether or not you will be able to keep players off those teams when they are disbanded and replaced by expansion teams in 1964. Feel free to participate in that discussion. One more to go.

Blog Entries
    OK, I'll take the Phils.

Posted by JW:
    Other suggestions:
    - Fighting Syrup
    - Maple Men
    How about the Sappy Crew? Sticky Nine? Pancake Toppers?

Anyway, welcome to HankAaron86 and MapleSyrupMan! See, Hank, I told you to grab the Phils; now they're gone!
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

--if we end up letting the expansion teams keep players off their training team then the Phils are clearly the best option. For just playing out 63 it won't matter much and the Phils are as bad as anybody could hope to be.

You're right, Mark. Actually, I think the Senators have the best doormat team, as they stand now. But if the new owners can keep players, the Phils are definitely the best team.

--Hank has selected the Phillies, so we just need someone to run the Senators this season.

Suggestions for my team name:

Hank's Heavy Hitters
    Hank's Bengals
    Hank's Blue Belugas ( very very random )
    People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. -Rogers Hornsby

Mark - MapleSyrupMan took the Phillies already. We need managers for Washington and Kansas City. Post #36:
    OK, I'll take the Phils.

Posted by HankAaron86:
    Suggestions for my team name:
    Hank's Hammerers?
    Hammer Down?
    Hammerdingers?

--Still need an owner to run the Senators this year. If anybody is interested please let me know. The time required as an owner in training for your first season would not be a greta deal. It would require more of your attention in your second season (starting sometime in the real baseball offseason), when the Sens are disbanded and your expansion team takes over.

Mark - Who has what team? MapleSyrupMan took the Phils, but then you told Hank he could have the Phils, and I never saw anything more.

For DoubleX: Don't forget to add your post to the Rosters Thread. Just copy the Quakers roster and make any necessary changes in preparation for 1963. I am going to delete the Quakers roster once this happens.

--MSM has the Phils and HA86 the A's. We still need an owner for the Senators. I've kept the current owners updated in post 1 of the discussion thread.

I'll take the Senators

--Tigers4Ever, Thanks for your interest. We'll get back to you soon on whether you get them or not.

I'm interested in taking over the Senators. Thanks.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast