Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interested in joining our league?

--I'm guessing that must be the case. I don't know how his posts would disappear otherwise. I am not aware of any controversy he was involved in, but there are alot of forums/thread I never look at.

Quote Originally Posted by ElHalo
    Did he get banned?
    Nah... He's right here. I'll replace him .
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

I'll be the Jeff's Jarheads.
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

OK, I can live with that. A little disturbing at first, though!
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Blog Entries
    I'm MSM, just with a name change! I'll still keep my name, as Bedard is Canadian and actually hails from Navan, Ontario, right in the middle of maple syrup country!

I wouldn't mind doing something like this, it looks like a lot of fun. Any links or rules on how to play?

--The rules and most anything else you'd want to know about the league can be found in this sub-forum. We don't have any openings right now, but if you stick around one might open up.

Just a reminder for the expansion owners: the secondary FA auction will be over 11pm this Monday. You will have one week I believe to sign anyone you wish to a 1-yr contract to fill any obscene holes on the team.

Posted by JW:
    to fill any obscene holes on the team.
    JW, I think the Athletics ARE an obscene hole!
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Time to get started

--Hank/Jeff, MSM/Eric and Littlereb/George, its time for you to start doing some work with your teams. Please get your team pages started in the roster thread. The Knghts page is updated as an example and I've also provided directions in the offseason thread. Please use your 1961 carryovers to get the rosters set up and you can edit in your new additions when you are able to add them (starting Tuesday).

Quote Originally Posted by catcher24
    JW, I think the Athletics ARE an obscene hole!
    --Should we change their name to the A-holes for the 63 season then .

Posted by Mark:
    --Should we change their name to the A-holes for the 63 season then
    I was shocked, Mark (that is, after I quit laughing). We probably had better not, or this sub-category might get censored!!

Time to get started

--Owners in training you should be adding a player per day from the remaining unsigned players, starting today (see the auction thread for a list). You should also have your roster (the 61 teams) posted in the roster thread by now. Please get moving on this if you are still interested in participating

Blog Entries
    OK, the roster's posted. One problem though: I already have 40 guys. What should I do with regard to adding players?

Posted by Erik Bedard:
    OK, the roster's posted. One problem though: I already have 40 guys. What should I do with regard to adding players?
    How did you get 40 players on the roster already? Where did the roster come from? I only show 27 players on the Phillies roster for 1961, from the game file that Mark sent me. These are the players listed on the game roster for the 61 Phillies: Ruben Amaro,Jack Baldschun, Paul Brown, John Buzhardt, Johnny Callison, Choo Choo Coleman, Clay Dalrymple, Don Demeter, Don Ferrarrese, Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Green, Pnacho Herrera, Ken Lehman, Art Mahaffey, Bobby Malkmus, Jack Meyer, Jim Owens, Robin Roberts, Chris Short, Bobby Gene Smith, Charlie Smith, Frank Sullivan, Tony Taylor, Elmer Valo, Lee Walls, Ken Walters, Jim Woods. I would think that anyone you have listed on the roster thread who is NOT in this list could be deleted and replaced, but better let Mark verify that before you do it.

Blog Entries
    I just used the 40-man roster from Baseball-almanac. Should I have only used the guys who appeared in games?

--Only guys who played and who ended the year with your team. That is the 27 players mentioned by Lew.

Yeah, basically that eliminates everyone who won't help anyway, and get some of the clutter out of the way while you try to set up a decent roster and lineup.

Blog Entries
    OK, thanks. I'll edit my roster.

Team Available Now

--We had an opening come available unexpectedly if anyone is interested in joining the league. You would be running the KC A's this season to get a feel for the league and drafting an expansion squad next season (we're doing 3 seasons a year). You would need to be a BBF regular who checks in near daily to effectively participate.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast