• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leecemark
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TheKingofKings
    I'm up for the task ...

--Apparently not. KoK has decided the CKL is too complicated and the opening for a new GM remains.

Comment

• rockiesfan4ever
      Mis-placed Rockies Fan
      • Aug 2006

Do you still need owners?
      The Best Sim Legaue
      [SIZE="1"]

Comment

• catcher24
        The Tools of Ignorance
        • Feb 2004

We're looking for one more owner at this time. That owner can finish the season running the 1961 Senators (one of our three doormat teams) to get a feel for the league, then would draft an expansion team for the upcoming 1964 season (the league is in it's third season; the doormat teams kept their 1961 rosters for all three seasons). If you're interested, as mentioned in my post, I would strongly suggest going to the sub-category Classic Keeper League (at the top of Fantasy and Gaming category homepage) and read the league rules. If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM leecemark (league commissioner) or me.
        You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• leecemark
          • Apr 2004

New Opening

--One of our expansion owners has dropped out with just over a week before the draft. If you are interested please PM me ASAP. Due to the short notice, I'll be happy to assist a new owner in building a draft list. There is a significant time commitment (see the 1963-64 offseason thread for details) during the start up phase and you need to visit regularly all season to be a successfull owner.

Comment

• Edgartohof
            • May 2004

Hey, just getting back to you again, letting you know that I am willing to help out and take that team. And just double checking, but I'll be taking over for the Senators correct?
            Last edited by Edgartohof; 10-15-2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• -Kyle-
              • Jul 2006

So how long will you guys do this? I need to wait another 30 years before I can easily reconize players.

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                all of the time
                • Feb 2006

I admit, it is hard work for one as young as me, where I don't know 75% of the players and have to look them up. However, it does in a way make it easier, because I've never heard of most of them and have to go solely on their stats. Make any sense?

Comment

• leecemark
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Edgartohof
                  Hey, just getting back to you again, letting you know that I am willing to help out and take that team. And just double checking, but I'll be taking over for the Senators correct?
                  --The Senators (as well as the Phillies and A's) are being disbanded and replaced by expansion teams. So, yes, you would be taking the Senators spot, but there are no players currently on your roster. If you check the 1963-64 offseason thread there is an up to date list of players in the expansion pool near the end of it.

Comment

• leecemark
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by -Kyle-
                    So how long will you guys do this? I need to wait another 30 years before I can easily reconize players.

--We are doing 3 seasons a year, so in less than 10 years we'll be in the 90s and in 15 or so we'll be in the present (at which time I guess we would be down to 1 season per year). Of course, whether the league survives that long is hard to say. I hope so though .

Comment

• catcher24
                      The Tools of Ignorance
                      • Feb 2004

Posted by EdgarToHOF:
                      OK, welcome aboard, Edgar!! I think you'll find this is a fun league to be involved with.

Posted by Kyle:
                      It would just take a bit of work for you, Kyle. Kind of like if I start a league beginning in 1901, everyone would be doing that work. I have for other leagues. It helps you to learn some more of the game's history! Keep an eye on the league, if you are at all interested. The majors expand by four teams in 1969, and I rather imagine we'll be adding some as well. You'd be welcome!

Posted by Erik Bedard:
                      I admit, it is hard work for one as young as me, where I don't know 75% of the players and have to look them up. However, it does in a way make it easier, because I've never heard of most of them and have to go solely on their stats. Make any sense?
                      Dan, let me say that I think you are doing a fine job so far. And yes, it makes perfect sense. You don't have memories of favorites that might cause you to make a bad decision. That's happened to me already, and I'll bet it has to some of the other older owners, too.

Posted by Mark:
                      --The Senators (as well as the Phillies and A's) are being disbanded and replaced by expansion teams. So, yes, you would be taking the Senators spot, but there are no players currently on your roster. If you check the 1963-64 offseason thread there is an up to date list of players in the expansion pool near the end of it.
                      Post #31, Edgar. Also check the first post in the 1963-64 off season thread. You may also want to refer to the following posts in the 1963 season thread, posted by Mark and which explain the procedure a little better (I dug them out for another prospective owner): Posts 295, 394, 422.

Posted by Mark:
                      Of course, whether the league survives that long is hard to say. I hope so though
                      So do I, Mark. So do I!
                      You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Edgartohof
                        • May 2004

Not entirely sure where to post this, but I figured this was as good of a place as any.

Just to be sure I understand this correctly, the former doormat teams, will choose 30 players from the expansion draft, which is made up of players from those teams? And then the other 10 come from the Rookie Drafts and other subsequent PFA's, etc...?

Comment

• leecemark
                          • Apr 2004

--That is correct. You will draft 30 players from expansion pool (surviving members of the 1961 doormats and unprotected players from the other 9 teams. You will round out your roster from the rookie draft, free agency and/or trades. You have 2nd pick in both the expansion and rookie draft.
                          --You'll need to pick a team name and a park that was active in 1964 and is not being used by another team (see post 1 of the discussion thread for parks currently in use). The expansion draft is Friday, October 27 at 8PM EST (5 our time). If that is not going to be a good time for you, I'll be happy to proxy for you. Just put together a draft list.
                          Last edited by leecemark; 10-15-2006, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• -Kyle-
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by catcher24
                            It would just take a bit of work for you, Kyle. Kind of like if I start a league beginning in 1901, everyone would be doing that work. I have for other leagues. It helps you to learn some more of the game's history! Keep an eye on the league, if you are at all interested. The majors expand by four teams in 1969, and I rather imagine we'll be adding some as well. You'd be welcome!
                            I'm pretty interested all right, but I'm already in a leauge, so I'll spectate from a distance until I think I can join.

Comment

• catcher24
                              The Tools of Ignorance
                              • Feb 2004

Keep an eye on the league, Kyle. You can get a good feel for it by observing for a couple of seasons. We'll most likely be looking to expand again prior to the 1969 season (when the real majors expanded again). If you think you'd like to join, you could probably do so then. I'm guessing that's about 15 months or so in real time, since we do a season in about three months time.

Comment

• leecemark
                                • Apr 2004

--There is always the possiblity of an existing owner dropping out before "1969" too. I hope we can keep all our fine owners, but the reality of an online league is people tend to come and go. Maybe we can be the exception though .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X