X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leecemark
    • Apr 2004

--Keep the faith Lew. The 70s are sure to be your decade .

Comment

• catcher24
      The Tools of Ignorance
      • Feb 2004

I'm hoping late 60's, Mark! McCovey is awesome and Marichal and Santo are good as well. And that's the sweet spot for three or four of my relievers. Need to fill in a couple of spots, but I think I can accomplish that in the 63 and 67 drafts.
      You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Francoeurstein
        Braves Mod
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by catcher24
        Wait a minute, Mark. Is this a setup? This guy is going to help you continue your powerhouse, right?

Just kidding, HankAaron86. Sounds like you're interested, and having someone interested and willing to spend the time necessary to really compete is important. No, wait a minute, I spend hours on this and have the second worst record......
        Now that school has just ended I have a lot more internet time.

Granted, baseball is my lifem I breathe it, sleep it, drink itm and sometimes I pee it out!!!! Of course if I don't get a team ever, I won't get mad.
        Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• DoubleX
          Just a Fool
          • Feb 2004

Hi guys, I'd like to express my interest in joining. Looks like fun.

Comment

• leecemark
            • Apr 2004

--We would like to have the 64 expansion owners run the "doormat" teams (1961 A's, Phillies and Senators) in 1963 to gain a little experience. That won't be a very exciting season for you, but the trade off would be us dropping the salary cap restriction we had intended to put on expansion owners the first 2 years.
            --We've had a number of people express interest, but only HA86 has had any followup. If you expressed interest earlier and would still like to participate, please let us know. New applicants are still welcome as well. The 1963 pre-season activity will be getting underway shortly after the 4th of July and we'd like to have the 3 spots filled by then.

Comment

• Francoeurstein
              Braves Mod
              • Aug 2005

So, I can make a team for the 1963 expansion league!!!!????

Comment

• leecemark
                • Apr 2004

--1963 will be a training season using the 3 teams that have been computer managed in 1961-62. You'll be able to make lineups and so forth, but you'll have only limited input on who is on your roster. Actual expansion will be in 1964.

Comment

• Francoeurstein
                  Braves Mod
                  • Aug 2005

Oh ok....

Comment

• Windy City Fan
                    Bitter Optimist
                    • Aug 2003

I know I disappeared during the initial draft of this league (curse my computer and then my personal life), but I'd like another shot if you're willing to take me back.
                    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• mac195
                      • Nov 2004

You dissappeared from this league and from the previous one, WCF. You also dissapeared from the "All Time Draft" project that you started in the History Forum after we had put quite a bit of time into it. Given that track record, I think you're asking us to do something pretty foolish.
                      "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
                      - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

• leecemark
                        • Apr 2004

--Hank, you can pick which of the 3 doormats you'd like to use as your training team for 1963 (1961 A's, Phillies or Senators). You'll have that roster intact and will be able to sign any leftovers when the normal offseason activity is over to fill your holes (as best as you can with those teams and the remaining options anyway). You'll be able to create your own team to replace that one in 1964.
                        --We still need two new owners. If you are a regular poster and have an interest in historical simulations please apply here.

Comment

• catcher24
                          The Tools of Ignorance
                          • Feb 2004

Hank - If I were you, I'd take a serious look at the Phillies. They were horrible in 1961 and won't do much in 1963, but they put up some decent numbers in 1964 and could make you somewhat competetive out of the gate.
                          You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• J W
                            Buck Showalter fanboy
                            • Jan 2000

OK, Hank's on board... here's who else posted with interest:

- reds2221
                            - runningshoes
                            - Wamby
                            - Wasp
                            - Windy City Fan

anyone on this list still interested?
                            http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                              all of the time
                              • Feb 2006

I could be interested if you really need me, but I only have so much computer time, and even though I post pretty much every day, I'm also in the new version of the All-Time draft and the BBF Transaction game. This looks pretty cool, though.

Comment

• mac195
                                • Nov 2004

With a name like "Maple Syrup Man", you're bound to be a great addition.
                                "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
                                - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X