Page 218 of 293 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 5846

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

Broken Bats

I was at Minute Maid Park yesterday watching the Astros beat the Mets. I noticed that when a bat broke they gave it to guy next the Astros dugout. He looked like he was cataloging it or something (putting stickers on it). 2 of 3 went to him the 3rd went to the Mets dugout (maybe it was because he changed out during an at bat). Can anyone shed any light on what is going on there? Is he a league official? Do the bats go off for further inspection or testing? I am an engineer and a fan of wood bats so anything you can provide would be of interest.
    Last edited by Woodie; 05-03-2012 at 10:33 AM.

He is from MLB or the team and is certifing the broken bats as "game used." Then they get sold to dealers or donated to charity auctions.
    See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post

Basically, we have stopped kiln drying our Maple and started using another drying method.
    That method is proprietary, I assume?
    See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    I was at Minute Maid Park yesterday watching the Astros beat the Mets. I noticed that when a bat broke they gave it to guy next the Astros dugout. He looked like he was cataloging it or something (putting stickers on it). 2 of 3 went to him the 3rd went to the Mets dugout (maybe it was because he changed out during an at bat). Can anyone shed any light on what is going on there? Is he a league official? Do the bats go off for further inspection or testing? I am an engineer and a fan of wood bats so anything you can provide would be of interest.
    As Philies said he is cataloging the bat as game used and inspecting the bat for MLB. If the bat is a MPF (Multi Piece Failure) the bat is given to TECO for them to test to make sure the bat meets all the Maple specifications in the rule book.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
    That method is proprietary, I assume?
    Something like that

Post before label change

everybody hit with either label up or down before the label rules changed whether it was ash or maple! that is your answer for best pop!

on another note: i just got a Hinske F123 M9 bat (game issued but not used) on ebay from this "famous" dealer named ZANEBATS. guys name is Zane Burns out of TN state. i had waited 2 years for a chance to get an uncracked F123 in 34" and was super pumped to receive it! got it a few days ago, rolled it on the ground to check for roundness and splat its mega warped! anybody have problems with this smuck? first time to try him and i heard good things at GUU about him. i specifically asked for a useable bat in-round before buying. dude has heaps of sticks!
    pretty sick and tired of ebay swindlers! BEWARE of this bum!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomhagen View Post
    I meant in regards to logo up or down, now that the new maple is stamped on the grain side differently...

bats: 1 warped! 2 awesome!

here are some photo's! the feliz bats are absolutely perfect and i got them for $40 each! amazing!
    the hinske bat cost me $134 and is fire wood
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice!!!! What is your bat count up to?
    See ball, hit ball.

bro, bat count up to not enuf! haha! the wife is pulling out hair, but i cannot nor will not ever stop collecting! you ever deal with that guy zanebats? i'm so bummed by him for dirty dealing me! i would never rip someone off!
    and can you post a pic of your phx s123? or is it a f123? sorry your phils are playing like my bucco's

I've never bought from that guy. I haven't bought a game bat in a while. I will post a new pic of my Phoenix S123 tomorrow.
    See ball, hit ball.

Pics, as promised.

Phoenix S123

LS S2 Eddie Milner and LS R219 Craig Brazell

LS BO16 Jim Eisenreich and LS S329 John Cangelosi

See ball, hit ball.

nice sticks bro! the R219 is on my wish list too! btw, brazell plays in japan currently for the hanshin tigers and hit 47 dongs 2 years ago! he is going on his 5th year in the NPB. i dont watch too many games here as the quality pales to the bigs mostly.

The BO16 is interesting. Very thin handle with a long taper to the most end loaded barrel I have ever swung.
    See ball, hit ball.

Does anyone know what Bryce Harper is swinging?

Marucci. No idea about the profile though.
    See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
    Marucci. No idea about the profile though.
    I think BMH had made him M9 S318. Don't know if he used them after he was called up.

During Spring Training we made him S318's and H238's. He was using them until he was called up. Apparently, Marucci made him an offer he didn't refuse

I had heard Harper owns a piece of Marucci from a very reliable source, why would they need to offer him anything??

Quote Originally Posted by amdonato38 View Post
    I had heard Harper owns a piece of Marucci from a very reliable source, why would they need to offer him anything??
    There are several players who have bought into Marucci. From what we gathered they offered him a larger chunk. How true that is...I don't know.

Larger chunk of what? Profit share?
    See ball, hit ball.

Page 218 of 293 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast