Page 175 of 220 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 5500

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

Pics, as promised.

Phoenix S123

LS S2 Eddie Milner and LS R219 Craig Brazell

LS BO16 Jim Eisenreich and LS S329 John Cangelosi

See ball, hit ball.

nice sticks bro! the R219 is on my wish list too! btw, brazell plays in japan currently for the hanshin tigers and hit 47 dongs 2 years ago! he is going on his 5th year in the NPB. i dont watch too many games here as the quality pales to the bigs mostly.

The BO16 is interesting. Very thin handle with a long taper to the most end loaded barrel I have ever swung.
    See ball, hit ball.

Does anyone know what Bryce Harper is swinging?

Marucci. No idea about the profile though.
    See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
    Marucci. No idea about the profile though.
    I think BMH had made him M9 S318. Don't know if he used them after he was called up.

During Spring Training we made him S318's and H238's. He was using them until he was called up. Apparently, Marucci made him an offer he didn't refuse

I had heard Harper owns a piece of Marucci from a very reliable source, why would they need to offer him anything??

Quote Originally Posted by amdonato38 View Post
    I had heard Harper owns a piece of Marucci from a very reliable source, why would they need to offer him anything??
    There are several players who have bought into Marucci. From what we gathered they offered him a larger chunk. How true that is...I don't know.

Larger chunk of what? Profit share?
    See ball, hit ball.

Stock in the company.

Oh nice.

See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    During Spring Training we made him S318's and H238's. He was using them until he was called up. Apparently, Marucci made him an offer he didn't refuse
    I know this is a LS thread but did marucci gain a lot of market in the majors?

It seems to me like just a couple of years ago almost all other brands have been gone and everyone uses slugger but now on TV I see a lot of marucci bats. still more sluggers of course but it seems like marucci has really gained some ground in the majors.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

The thread is open to all manufacturer's, I just answer a lot of questions

according to MLB we are still around 55% of the bats in the game and we are 40% of the Maple bats. As for Marucci, they have come up very fast, they are second to us. They were able to get several players to buy into the company. Nothing promotes a bat better than a guy who swings it and owns a share of the company. This year I have seen some cracks in the armor though. Marucci had to ask players for more money. They didn't make deliveries on time; orders sent in December didn't get delivered until Opening Day. A lot of minor league players were told they couldn't order from them because they had to concentrate on the Major's. They've also had issues with their BBCOR bats.

I heard similar rumblings from local high school coaches who had to tell their players to unload their CAT5 model bats before tournament time because they failed BBCOR testing. LOTS of upset parents too.

But back to wood-- hearing that makes me wary from doing any business with them, since they seem to be unable to meet production demands for their pro players. I would be concerned their quality control would suffer by rushing through orders for the amatuer side. Not a good thing when charging $120+ for a custom bat.

Has anyone ever tried demarini wood composite bats? Are they good? I want a new wood comp. bat
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Has anyone ever tried demarini wood composite bats? Are they good? I want a new wood comp. bat
    Teammate had one. What a POS! Like hitting with a solid metal rod. Stings like the dickens and no pop. There are better options if you want a composite.
    See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewgoslin View Post
    I heard similar rumblings from local high school coaches who had to tell their players to unload their CAT5 model bats before tournament time because they failed BBCOR testing. LOTS of upset parents too.

But back to wood-- hearing that makes me wary from doing any business with them, since they seem to be unable to meet production demands for their pro players. I would be concerned their quality control would suffer by rushing through orders for the amatuer side. Not a good thing when charging $120+ for a custom bat.
    MHO is that 120.00 wood bat is no better than a 60.00 wood bat. Maple is maple. The double price does not equal double the pop or durability.
    See ball, hit ball.

Looks like Rollins is swinging Marucci. Anyone know what Victorio is swinging?

See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
    Looks like Rollins is swinging Marucci. Anyone know what Victorio is swinging?

Rollins swings anything and everything right now. Have seen him swing probably 8 different companies. Victorino is Marucci, Chandler, Louisville usually

Chandler. Thanks. I've only seen Jimmy swing Max, Marucci, and LS. Shane was LS (T141), Marucci. I've also seen him swing Raw and B45.
    See ball, hit ball.

Wow. Chandler Bats are right around the corner from me.
    See ball, hit ball.

Well, Harper texted to order S318's and some O69's. I guess he got a couple hits with the pink bats we sent.

Blog Entries
    BMH,

Your comments about marucci not being able to deliver on time and having to prioritize MLB players' orders over MiLB players got me to thinking. And, I've tried to think of several ways to word this question so that you can answer it without giving away any private "insider" info. I'm not sure what aspects of the business you are willing to talk about, so I'll ask several questions and you can hit the ones you are able:

How do bat companies view the MLB market? From what you said, a company like Marucci must be "in business" to supply bats to major league players (at least at this point in their company's development), but to what end? Can a company be kept afloat by ONLY selling their product to the few hundred MLB players?

I would think that LS views their MLB clientele (wood bat consumers) as almost an advertising division for the other segments of baseball equipment (alum. bats, gloves, etc.) The thing I DON'T understand is that your celebrity advertisers (unlike PGA golf equipment, for example) aren't really using the product that the mass population is consuming. In other words, ALL levels of baseball below professional (granted, with a certain fixed percentage of "wood bat" leagues) are using aluminum or composite bats. So, does LS recognize a correllation between the exposure of the LS logo at the major league level and the sales $$ of aluminum bats?

What I'm getting at is that there are millions of kids playing baseball around the country, but the talk at the ballpark each year is NOT what brand of wood that Josh Hamilton is swinging. It IS about which bats have the most legal "POP" that everyone thinks will soon be outlawed, etc. etc.

So does the wooden bat segment of LS just function unto itself as it's own business (ie., is your primary goal to perpetually sell to A, AA, AAA players by having MLB exposure) or are the wooden bats a key component in the success of your aluminum bat business?

where do I "text" to order professional grade LS bats by model #?

Page 175 of 220 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast