Page 188 of 220 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 5493

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

I have my TT2000 in storage. I'll take a pic of it and post so you can see the beating that it has taken.
    See ball, hit ball.

With all this talk about birch and beech, has anyone ever tried any other species of wood bat? I've seen red oak offered from bwp and I've also swung pignut hickory which is extremely hard yet extremely heavy! There are a couple of woods I was thinking about trying, but first I'd like to know if anyone has any personal favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTheBatman View Post
    What do you think about the "pop"? Are you happier with the stiff flex of the maple or does the flex of the birch help at all? That's actually interesting about the talbot turnings, I've heard that they purchase their birch from the same place as b45 as well as a lot of other manufacturers
    Where exactly do B45, Talbot and other purchase their birch?

I think that Talbot (now Delmarva) gets their from Canada.
    See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by dubem1 View Post
    Where exactly do B45, Talbot and other purchase their birch?
    It's a little hardwoods company in Quebec. I dealt with them for a bit, but they saw their logs and also are in the backyard of B45, and I'm pretty sure that B45 is getting the cream of that wood. I have heard that Trinity gets their yellow birch from the same place. I'm not sure about Talbot. There were 2 companies in Canada I've dealt with and both were solid, but nothing overly exciting.

It's a little hardwoods company in Quebec. I dealt with them for a bit, but they saw their logs and also are in the backyard of B45, and I'm pretty sure that B45 is getting the cream of that wood. I have heard that Trinity gets their yellow birch from the same place. I'm not sure about Talbot. There were 2 companies in Canada I've dealt with and both were solid, but nothing overly exciting.
    Can you name this hardwoods company?

Sorry, I like to keep my wood suppliers info within my own company. I'm sure you can hook up with one or both of them if you check enough wood brokers.

what's your company name bro?

DS Wood. We've gone through some changes over the past year, the wood bat game is a tough one! But I love this thread, I read it just about every day, and I love how passionate all you guys are about your wood bats!

DS Wood. We've gone through some changes over the past year, the wood bat game is a tough one! But I love this thread, I read it just about every day, and I love how passionate all you guys are about your wood bats!
    right on! I have not yet tried your sticks but look forward to doing so. I'm mostly interested in F123, M216, H176 knobless styles. do you have these? (sorry haven't checked ur website yet) thx for your imput on this thread

I actually haven't had anyone order any of these models yet, but I'm always looking to put new bats in our catalog. Our website is actually being revamped for 2013 (hopefully, we will have it up within the next month). I'm really interested in getting some more shaved knob models, and of course anyone who gets the model first gets his (or her) own model number associated with it!

Have you seen/tried the RB8 from Sambat? I love that model and handle. It's similar to that "Howard" knob yet you still get a bit of grip with the bottom hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ras-tbone View Post
    right on! I have not yet tried your sticks but look forward to doing so. I'm mostly interested in F123, M216, H176 knobless styles. do you have these? (sorry haven't checked ur website yet) thx for your imput on this thread

Doing some quick research, the F124 and H176 seem to be much more common than the M216. Even on the LS site, it says that the most famous M216's out there were ordered by His Airness himself Michael Jordan?!? Man, getting my hands on one of those would be extremely cool!

MJ swung an M216? wow pretty neat. I loved Kenny lofton and he swung it as well and might of been NBA caliber himself in his prime?

DS Bats, I have heard of you also, but have not tried your sticks either. I have tried an H176, its ok. Not my favorite as I am not a huge M110 fan. I have not tried either the M216 or F124 (which is Price Fielder's model IIRC?).
    See ball, hit ball.

That's ok, most of our bats have been sold locally, so if you don't know anyone in the central PA area, you probably have not had a chance to see/try them. This coming year we hope to have a more national (and worldly ras-tbone lol) sales presence with our e-commerce website (re)launching.

I have heard from hitters of all levels who aren't big m110 fans, I think that there are a ton of variations out there with all the different companies having their own turn on it. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a MLB m110 from LS and it was amazing, but to each their own! I'm actually more partial to smaller handles in part because I have small hands, no R161s for me.

I though Prince used the c271 or whatever Tucci/Marucci turned for him based on that model? Maybe the c271 was just an early model for him when he used LS, but I remember seeing on slugger.com that Prince, ARod and I believe Paul Konerko were listed as using the C271. I was actually surprised how some of the biggest power guys used that model... goes to show you that there are exceptions to every rule! Not all power hitters necessarily want a big barrel/thin handle.

You guys are only about 45 mins to an hour from me. You guys give factory tours? I'd love to see them made up close. I want to see the LS factory, but its over 600 miles from me. Maybe next spring I'll take a ride down there.
    See ball, hit ball.

We have a very small factory, but you are more than welcome to come see how we make our bats. I have heard that the Louisville Slugger factory is something out of legend, and any baseball fan must visit at least once. But anyways, you're always welcome to the little DS factory!

Good to know. Hopefully your website will be fully available soon.
    See ball, hit ball.

I have an 8 year old son and have been trying to find him a bat with Pro quality wood, that are not too heavy. We like the cut of the LS 225YB, but they break way to easy and he's broke everyone I've bought him. We tried a LS M9, Mable, but it way to heavy. Anyways, I was wondering where I can find 26-27 in, youth bats that are similar to the 225YB, but with pro quality wood? I also would like to be able to customize them; color and put his name on them.
    Last edited by Bigdaddy76; 11-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.

See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
    I only found youth Maple bats on that site. Although we like the cut of The Scorpion. I'm looking for ash because I'm thinking it'd be lighter. PhilliesPhan22, is this your bat company?
    Last edited by Bigdaddy76; 11-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.

No, just a bat geek. I just like their bats and I know that they offer youth sizes. If you are looking for a youth wood bat that has the drop of a metal bat and good durability, good luck. To make a bat that light would require a billet with a very low density.
    See ball, hit ball.

No, just a bat geek. I just like their bats and I know that they offer youth sizes. If you are looking for a youth wood bat that has the drop of a metal bat and good durability, good luck. To make a bat that light would require a billet with a very low density.
    I realize I won't get the same drop as our composite. I'm actually in the middle of reading this whole thread, so I know a little bit about wood bat! We actually collect broken bats from our local minor league team. We love to collect variety!
    Last edited by Bigdaddy76; 11-12-2012 at 06:21 PM.

And what a huge variety it is. This is the best thread on the internet.
    See ball, hit ball.

And what a huge variety it is. This is the best thread on the internet.
    I'm just glad I found it!

Page 188 of 220 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast