Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216
Results 5,376 to 5,394 of 5394

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaseball View Post
    Picked up one with a jeter signature that had a flared knob and handle like a c271. Felt nothing like a p72 which jeter has ALWAYS used.

Do the certain signatures correspond with certain models? Or do they grab any model and put a random signature on it?

I remember I used to like the longoria signature 180 bat models, but now they have a new generation of the series, that's why I'm wondering if every jeter bat is the same model and every hamilton bat is the same model.
    I think the signatures correspond with certain models. When I was looking around there were multiples of the same signatures. And each signature gave the bat a distinct difference than other signatures. I bought the last Josh Hamilton one, and I was hoping I could find it online because that's the specific one that I want.
    Don't give up. Get up.

Its completely random. I think the profiles used for the 180 series are C271, C243, R161, T141. I know it has been discussed in here before.
    See ball, hit ball.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    Don't give up. Get up.

I like your av
    See ball, hit ball.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Go Phils!
    Don't give up. Get up.

what a very fantastic day for Jason Lane to be the starting pitcher for the padres. his story is very uplifting. the only surprise is he was swinging marucci instead of his Raw 491B as he used a decade ago! I have one of his sticks and it is ash with a beautiful fragrance to it which I have never noticed on any other bat.
    btw, marucci seems to be the most popular brand this season! any opinions on why?

Quote Originally Posted by ras-tbone View Post
    what a very fantastic day for Jason Lane to be the starting pitcher for the padres. his story is very uplifting. the only surprise is he was swinging marucci instead of his Raw 491B as he used a decade ago! I have one of his sticks and it is ash with a beautiful fragrance to it which I have never noticed on any other bat.
    btw, marucci seems to be the most popular brand this season! any opinions on why?
    I believe a handful of prominent players have ownership shares in Marucci, so that must have something to do with it. I'm curious to know where the wood comes from, how much land is owned, etc. It would be a hoot if LVS sold them wood..LOL!!

We do not sell them wood. We haven't been selling a lot of billets locally. Most of our ash and maple billet sales have been south of the border or Asia.

If they are still operating their mill (I haven't been keeping up with the mills lately) they get their wood withing the same 50mi radius we do. I do not believe they own any land. It's cheaper just to have loggers bring in wood under contract than to own it and pay the property taxes. NY is ridiculous for it's property taxes.

Is there an official bat model with an m110 barrel and c271 handle?

Is there an official bat model with an m110 barrel and c271 handle?
    R229 for ARod.

Thanks CB22.

Thanks CB22.
    I like that model, but always go back to the M110. Old Hickory has the ML1, which is C271H/M110B. You can find it at HittersInc here: http://www.hittersinc.com/index.php?...product_id=318

There is so much bat models, some must be more popular than others. There is a lot of people writing in this thread having lot of wood bat knowledge so I am asking you : If you would start manufacturing and selling wood bats, which models would you turn and put in your catalog ? (considering you're not selling to MLB players)

curious to know your thoughts about this.

My choices:

M110
    C271
    P72
    C243
    H238
    T141
    M356
    I13
    M159
    S329
    CU26
    Mc22

I have a feeling that you will get pretty much the same answers from everyone. FWIW, I have no plans to start turning my own bats anytime soon.
    See ball, hit ball.

Anyone know what a p72 with a c271 handle is?

Also, how do bonds knobs and large knobs feel in your hands? Looking to swing a drop 1 or so. I Figure a large knob can counter the weight.

Apperently the current mlb180 series consists of the following players according to someone I spoke with on the phone who works with louisville slugger.

Curtis Granderson- M110
    Brandon Phillips- c271
    Evan longoria - i13
    Buster Posey - c243
    Josh Hamilton - H359
    Jay Bruce - S318

Didn't mention Jeter being in the series but said his would be a P72 of course
    I'm a bit skeptical of the list he gave me because I thought r161's were part of the series.

that list looks like its for the LS prime series. I'm pretty sure the 180 series are random turn models no matter what signature is on the bat, from what I've seen at stores anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballmechanic View Post
    that list looks like its for the LS prime series. I'm pretty sure the 180 series are random turn models no matter what signature is on the bat, from what I've seen at stores anyway.
    Regarding the prime series you could be correct.

I remember in 2012/13 the 180 series signatures corresponded with model numbers. All of the bats with a longoria signature were the same, all the pedroia bats were the same etc. all the jeter bats were p72's ...

That being said this years series is a bit strange. Every jeter signature bat I've seen has been natural colored and some model with a flared knob like a 271. Why wouldn't the jeter signature be a p72?

My conclusion is that the signatures do correspond with specific model numbers but they aren't necessarily models the player is known to use.

Louisville Slugger’s 180 ash wood bats are randomly selected from the following turning models: C271, P72, C243, R161, T141 and K55.
    Copied from the LS website

Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216