Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213
Results 5,301 to 5,321 of 5321

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAG323 View Post
    Pearson, Phoenix and Dinger (among others) all sell nice Birch bats for less than $100. Hitters Inc. has quite a few birch bat options listed on their site as well.
    I'm constantly on Hitters Inc.. They have a great website. I wish they sold Rawlings on there. I'd love to be able to customize some of their bats. Most of the wood bats I've used are Rawlings. The Velo bats are pretty nice. They're a pretty good price too.
    Don't give up. Get up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballmechanic View Post
    thats who i was talking bout. I wanna try beech but $149 is too steep for me. same reason why i won't get a chandler. is the mlb approval the reason the price went up?
    I just found on Eastbay Mine bats for $50. I might try one out when I have the money. Probably a Rawlings 141BIR too.

http://www.eastbay.com/Mine/_-_/N-1z...at?cm_REF=Mine
    Don't give up. Get up.

IME, Rawlings makes the "best" low end line bats, especially their cheap ash.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gap2gap View Post
    IME, Rawlings makes the "best" low end line bats, especially their cheap ash.
    I like their line of Velo bats. I bought the 271V ash and I really like it so far. I haven't used it in a game yet, but in the cages I've used it a bunch and I'm pretty happy with it so far.
    Don't give up. Get up.

Quote Originally Posted by dottman56 View Post
    I just found on Eastbay Mine bats for $50. I might try one out when I have the money. Probably a Rawlings 141BIR too.

http://www.eastbay.com/Mine/_-_/N-1z...at?cm_REF=Mine
    don't think the label/company matters nearly as much as what grade wood within a given label your given access to.

Things change and don't know if still true, but back when, Old Hickory was one of the scarce few who would actually deliver top notch supply to average joes, regardless of what's written many. of course I have not tried all makers, but a lot of them. Think it makes sense to be skeptical in this regard.

I see that Rawlings removed the ring from their MLB bats. The end of the Adirondack legacy. When I was a kid, it was either Louisville Slugger or Adirondack. Remember when Mike Schmidt painted the ring on his Louisville Sluggers because he had a contract with Rawlings/Adirondack?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CB22 View Post
    I see that Rawlings removed the ring from their MLB bats. The end of the Adirondack legacy. When I was a kid, it was either Louisville Slugger or Adirondack. Remember when Mike Schmidt painted the ring on his Louisville Sluggers because he had a contract with Rawlings/Adirondack?
    There's still rings on the bats. I've had 3 Rawlings bats. All have rings. Josh Donaldson swings Rawlings sometimes too. He always has a green ring on his bat for the A's colors.
    Don't give up. Get up.

Reggie Jackson would also paint the bats he liked to match whatever manufacturer was paying him for his endorsement.
    There was a little sports store in my hometown that mostly had fishing gear, but I wandered in there once and found a small rack of Worth bats...I was fascinated because I had never seen them before (they used two thin rings as an identifier). I came back later with a few bucks to buy one and liked it a lot...soon I read about players shaving their bat handles down, and I started using that one as the subject of my experiments in that activity. I took it down to a ridiculous degree and the thing never broke...then I gave it to a friend because it the handle was too thin to be comfortable. Wish I had kept it, I can't even remember how it was labelled or if it had a player's name on it.
    Last edited by Dude Paskert; 04-06-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    "Why not me?" - Dan Quisenberry

There's still rings on the bats. I've had 3 Rawlings bats. All have rings. Josh Donaldson swings Rawlings sometimes too. He always has a green ring on his bat for the A's colors.
    The season is barely a week old. Dioner Navarro used a Rawlings today that looked just like these:
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 8.46.33 PM.jpg

The season is barely a week old. Dioner Navarro used a Rawlings today that looked just like these:
    Possibly an image makeover. These days, MLB at bats with Rawlings are far and few between. If they did change, I'm sure there is a lot of old stock with the rings to go through. I even saw LVS M9's taken to the plate in spring training.

Looked like this one!navarro.jpg

Blog Entries
    What does the season having just started have to do with anything?
    Don't give up. Get up.

Blog Entries
    image.jpg

This is Josh Donaldson from spring training of this year. He has the ring on his bat.
    Don't give up. Get up.

The debut of new graphics, etc usually show up at the start of the regular season. Over time, the old stock gets used up.

Looking for a little help, I really want to find a turn that has the barrel, taper and grip of a an I13 or even a M356 but has a small knob, like 1.75. I'm not quite to a H176 but would really like something that still has a knob but smaller, I keep my pinky on the knob. I recently got a R266 which I thought might be the answer but a bit to big of a knob for my tastes. C243 and S318's are still a hair to big of knobs. I know I'm being picky but this is the only place I knew that anybody would appreciate my desire. Basically I want a long barreled bat doesn't have to be huge barrel but long with those other characteristics, Any input is appreciate.

Best turning model for maple

What would be in your opinion, the 3 best turning model for a maple bat? I am guessing a medium handle and small to medium barrel?

I've been looking for birch for a while. I know Rawlings has a birch model but it's not the size specifications I like. I like the c271, but I haven't seen a birch version besides the Louisville Slugger model but that's over $100.
    Zero K bats makes a Birch C271 (called the K271) and is $70, I even saw it at $55 a month ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dubem1 View Post
    Zero K bats makes a Birch C271 (called the K271) and is $70, I even saw it at $55 a month ago.
    Thanks a lot. I'm gonna look into it.
    Don't give up. Get up.

Quote Originally Posted by JtK View Post
    Looking for a little help, I really want to find a turn that has the barrel, taper and grip of a an I13 or even a M356 but has a small knob, like 1.75. I'm not quite to a H176 but would really like something that still has a knob but smaller, I keep my pinky on the knob. I recently got a R266 which I thought might be the answer but a bit to big of a knob for my tastes. C243 and S318's are still a hair to big of knobs. I know I'm being picky but this is the only place I knew that anybody would appreciate my desire. Basically I want a long barreled bat doesn't have to be huge barrel but long with those other characteristics, Any input is appreciate.
    I13S should do the trick if you can find/custom order one.

Only thing bad about birch is the sound it makes.....too "splatty" even when you hit it on the screws v. fast pitching for an HR.

What is with all the bats splitting lengthwise these days in the bigs? Just saw another Marucci split almost in half lengthwise.
    "Remember, 90% of the game is half mental" - Yogi Berra

Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213