Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221
Results 5,501 to 5,517 of 5517

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

We cut hickory bats that are lighter than length in a few profiles. PM me for info

recently saw a C243L, barrel looked even bigger then a regular 243. BMH, does the L stand for Large?

"L" is for large knob. The regular knob measures 2in diameter, the "L" comes in at 2.08in.

does anyone know of a profile that would be a beefed up C271...maybe a 1/32" to 1/16" all the way around

The A132 is 1/32 bigger all around.

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    thanks for the info, btw ill take 3 let me know where to send the $$$....

B,

Do you guys still have this model w271 in the library? I remember a player with Daytona Cubs back in 96-96.. He had this model made from him which seemed to be a beefed up 271.. I've made similar model for some customers..

-A
    9Positions Blog
    9Positions Blog Post

I picked a box of 4 louisville slugger 33" c271 XX Prime birch 2 weeks ago. I own 2 MLB prime 33" birch, the XX Prime are heavier. Any reason for this? Absolutely love the LS MLB Prime birch in my wood bat league, lasted the whole season (16 games plus cage work before the games) before finally breaking in the 1st game of the playoffs.
    271.JPG
    Last edited by ncyankeefan; 11-20-2014 at 12:27 PM.

111.JPG066 (2).JPG
    Just a couple of pics of some of the bats we just shipped. Both are 271 profiles with the hickory fade at 33 inch 31.8 oz.
    Last edited by Johnnyfootball; 11-20-2014 at 08:52 PM.

You work at silver creek bats johnnyfootball? I have tried their hickory 271, nice bat, a little on the heavier side but not too bad. I like to stick around 30oz. I'm a contact hitter and like to work the count, I find myself in deep counts and prefer a lighter bat. I have thought about ordering a hickory bat for myself, at least for bp. Really liking ls 271 birch right now.

There are different things you can do to help prevent a unfinished bat from losing/gaining weight as quickly as they usually do.
    From a long way back in the thread, but can BMH or anyone else expand on this?

Quote Originally Posted by halovictory12 View Post
    From a long way back in the thread, but can BMH or anyone else expand on this?
    What I tell customers is to keep bats in a dry place, not in basement or in trunk on hot humid days.. If you can get your hands on sanding sealer, you could coat the bat, then sand off, but not practical.. When you got the bat, did it come in a poly bag??
    9Positions Blog
    9Positions Blog Post

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyfootball View Post
    111.JPG066 (2).JPG
    Just a couple of pics of some of the bats we just shipped. Both are 271 profiles with the hickory fade at 33 inch 31.8 oz.
    That electro bat looks good.. Enjoy..
    9Positions Blog
    9Positions Blog Post

Quote Originally Posted by ncyankeefan View Post
    You work at silver creek bats johnnyfootball? I have tried their hickory 271, nice bat, a little on the heavier side but not too bad. I like to stick around 30oz. I'm a contact hitter and like to work the count, I find myself in deep counts and prefer a lighter bat. I have thought about ordering a hickory bat for myself, at least for bp. Really liking ls 271 birch right now.
    yea, I rep for Silver Creek. We have some unusual and one of a kind stuff that we ship out. We have been cutting quite a few 5 footers that make great promo bats at tournaments and sports bars. Most places sell raffle tickets and make 500-600 bucks in a day or two. Will see if I can come up with a few more pics to post.

Quote Originally Posted by aj9020 View Post
    What I tell customers is to keep bats in a dry place, not in basement or in trunk on hot humid days.. If you can get your hands on sanding sealer, you could coat the bat, then sand off, but not practical.. When you got the bat, did it come in a poly bag??
    Yes, I do keep them in the bag when not in a game, and try to keep them away from moisture. I was looking for tips along the line of what i bolded. I had read somewhere that pine tar acts as a barrier to moisture, is this true in your experience?

I usually get an unfinished handle only, so i don't even know how much one of my bats would be affected.

Hey guys, just wondering have any of you had experience with Zinger Bats? Just made an order for two the other day, and am curious to know how you guys think of their pop, wood grain, etc. I've done a search on here and I found information on them from years back (which was very positive), however, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're currently owned by a different group of people? Just checking to see what people think of them, and whether their quality has deteriorated since management has been changed. Thanks.

I had a Zinger 271L under the original ownership group. It was a decent bat on par with any other I've owned.
    See ball, hit ball.

Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221