Page 211 of 213 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 5322

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

Quote Originally Posted by ras-tbone View Post
    brian, any update on when the hoi polloi can enjoy buying from the LS pro catalogue? and are LS prime personalized bats discontinued? i didnt see them on the website anymore��
    I'd love a custom prime!

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Yes, the Prime models are a little smaller in the barrel compared to the Pro versions. You will find some that are full size since we first started to run them on the Pro side of the factory and were not told to use the modified versions of the bats.

With that said we are working on a custom Prime option. You will be able to order almost any model...yes, I said ANY. The "almost" is thrown in because there are several models where all I have is a players name and the number. The actual bat and specs of the bat are missing so I have no idea what to make. We are currently testing the program to test the feasibility of the it in large production quantities.
    hey brian, its been (3) months since you threw out this teaser! i'm certain you are busy this part of the preseason, but nearly 100 days have passed and my head is about to pop from holding my breath! update requested sir

Yeah, sorry to be a tease it's been a busy one and I haven't been on the site lately. The plan for the moment has been shelved, lots of push back from retailers since this would be an online deal. Right now upper management is more concerned with a "High Definition" black finish for store line. So that is where we've put our resources for now.

Brian, thanks for the update and i can totally understand the dynamis of the various parties involved. one idea perhaps to allay the fears of the retailers, would be to create a membership fee condition maybe ($100) with an annual order limit of say 20 bats per "member" and then the retail side wouldnt be threatened as only true grit players would pony up the coin to have this unique but limited access.

i am of course disappointed, but realize that in the future things might change.
    best of things for this year and please try to get Andrew McCutchen and Matt Carpenter swinging Sluggers! i am a bit shocked they use marrucci instead of LS

long time lurker & just wanted to say that this is the best forum thread in the whole entire Interwebz!!

BMH,
    What is the LS equivalent to the marucci cu26? How close would the S318 be?

I think that the S318 has a longer barrel and thinner handle. My guess would be the R205. To me, the CU26 feels like an M356 with a smaller barrel and smaller knob. The handle is thicker on the top hand. I love the CU26 btw. Can't justify dropping 120.00 on one.
    See ball, hit ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
    I think that the S318 has a longer barrel and thinner handle. My guess would be the R205. To me, the CU26 feels like an M356 with a smaller barrel and smaller knob. The handle is thicker on the top hand. I love the CU26 btw. Can't justify dropping 120.00 on one.
    Yep, it's a lot like our M356. In our retail, the S318 will be a lot like it at least compared to the retail versions of the CU26 I have.

Quote Originally Posted by gap2gap View Post
    long time lurker & just wanted to say that this is the best forum thread in the whole entire Interwebz!!
    It's been an interesting thread, I never thought it would go this long being carried by all these great posters.

Hey BMH, do you have any insight into the demo LS is running for The NJIBL this Saturday? http://www.njibl.com/news_article/sh...rrer_id=437130

I've only seen a retail version. Not sure how close it is. I know that the retail AP5 is way off.
    See ball, hit ball.

Marucci is in trouble, they're sending bad wood to most of their pro guys these days. Lot of players will be switching from them in the next few seasons, mass exodus. Heard from a reliable source that they're not taking many orders from minor league guys this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykcal2 View Post
    Hey BMH, do you have any insight into the demo LS is running for The NJIBL this Saturday? http://www.njibl.com/news_article/sh...rrer_id=437130
    What do you want to know? We will have our retail lineup there for demo purposes, I believe it's mainly going to be the non wood bat side but I will double check.

Quote Originally Posted by cmflores9 View Post
    Marucci is in trouble, they're sending bad wood to most of their pro guys these days. Lot of players will be switching from them in the next few seasons, mass exodus. Heard from a reliable source that they're not taking many orders from minor league guys this year.
    They usually don't take orders from MiLB during ST nor do they deliver to everyone during ST. They usually wait for Opening Day. My theory is it builds anticipation for the product, the bats aren't wasted on BP rounds and they avoid TECO. Of course, this is just a guess.

They usually don't take orders from MiLB during ST nor do they deliver to everyone during ST. They usually wait for Opening Day. My theory is it builds anticipation for the product, the bats aren't wasted on BP rounds and they avoid TECO. Of course, this is just a guess.
    Hi BMH, did you drop the laser engraving on the barrels of the 2014 bats, or is this another opening day release? Most everything I have seen in spring training has the "Old" style. Just curious, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CB22 View Post
    Hi BMH, did you drop the laser engraving on the barrels of the 2014 bats, or is this another opening day release? Most everything I have seen in spring training has the "Old" style. Just curious, thanks.
    Yes, the barrel branding for Pro bats has gone back to the older 3 line version. We're trying to make it as confusing as possible for everyone

Very excited! Going to Florida next week to show off European Beech with the Mine Bat crew.
    www.glovedoctor.net

Yes, the barrel branding for Pro bats has gone back to the older 3 line version. We're trying to make it as confusing as possible for everyone
    Oh that's good news. That engraved square was too hard to read on tv and in pics.

Quick question, I saw a O69 recently...thing looks huge, bigger than a H238 even. Is that me or is it as massive as it looks?

Diameter wise the O69 is smaller, it does however have a longer barrel before it tapers into the handle.

BMH are the LS birch bats getting any love in spring training, probably gonna take the plunge and get one this weekend.
    Also what are the specs on a B347 and what is the difference between pro select and mlb select. Thanks for all your input!!

Mr. BMH: is there a quick way to identify on tv when someone is using a birch LS? With the new center brand there is no longer a B9 sticker and the ink spots are used on both maple and birch.

I've seen (and own) a birch bat with gold labels and most maple/ash seem to use white labels...is the gold label only for birch?

Yes, I was looking for what actually LS will be offering

Quote Originally Posted by The Glovedoctor View Post
    Very excited! Going to Florida next week to show off European Beech with the Mine Bat crew.
    what are the Advantages of european beech?
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    what are the Advantages of european beech?
    Aren't some european beeches topless? That's an advantage to me! LOL!

Page 211 of 213 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 LastLast