Page 230 of 233 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 5807

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

Thanks Brian. PM sent.
    "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    I literally made a new model for him last week. He hasn't used us in a long time but is good friends with one of the Wilson guys so he's trying one again. We shall see.
    I'm here M-F 6-4:30. I try my best to avoid weekends but the end of this month I will be here because of inventory. I'm not going to ST this year since they wanted me to go to Florida. I hate hotel hopping...
    Any details on the new model? Love his Sam Bat profile, just not the quality.

Thanks!

It's the SAM MC1. It will be my fourth copy of the model (second for Cabrera). All four are different...

It's the SAM MC1. It will be my fourth copy of the model (second for Cabrera). All four are different...
    Thanks Brian. Does LS offer anything close to the MC1 model at the retail level? Especially the handle. It just fits in my hands perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue24 View Post
    Thanks Brian. Does LS offer anything close to the MC1 model at the retail level? Especially the handle. It just fits in my hands perfectly.
    Dude, have you taken a gander at what LS is offering on their webpage recently?? a grand total of 4 profiles! i know that every business has to make a profit, but to tell it straight as i see it, slugger and wilson for that matter don't care about amateur players as evidenced by their extremely limited offerings! sorry BMH as you seem like a quality dude, but slugger retail has become lame.

No worries Ras, you can only go by what you see on our site. With the "restructuring" of LS it's been an interesting year. Pickings are slim at the moment but will get more interesting come April.

You are right about the lack of choices on the LS website. I guess I was talking more about older profiles that are still out there floating around on eBay that are similar to the MC1.

Brian, if Cabrera doesn't like the ones you made him and sends them back, you got a buyer right here

It is so great to have more models on sale online.

I think LS could do better on the descriptions of different models.
    For example,
    It says both S318 and C243 has a 15/16 handle on the website.
    But when I got them, the handles felt totally different.
    S318's handle is obviously thicker...

I guess C243's handle may be just 15/16,
    but S318's should be described as 31/32 or something thicker than 15/16.

No, ours is the same size for the S318.
    Thanks man.

Does LS have any model that has a S318 barrel and a C243 knob and handle???
    I like the balanced feel of S318 but found the knob is a little bit too thick.

Sometime back BMH posted a list of models with the C271 handle and knob combined with different barrels. I would be most interested to see something similar but with the C243 Handle and knob. I got my hands on a C243M which has a smaller diameter barrel and it felt amazing. OH has the J143M which is pretty much the same. I would do a C243 H&K on a M110 barrel. P72 and T141 H&Ks are not quite the same...I would call them C243 handle-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyokka719 View Post
    Thanks man.

Does LS have any model that has a S318 barrel and a C243 knob and handle???
    I like the balanced feel of S318 but found the knob is a little bit too thick.

Yep, the C243M is the C243 handle and S318 barrel. It's also called the G192.
    Yeah, the websites haven't been touched much since the take over but all of that will be changing in April.

Quote Originally Posted by CB22 View Post
    Sometime back BMH posted a list of models with the C271 handle and knob combined with different barrels. I would be most interested to see something similar but with the C243 Handle and knob. I got my hands on a C243M which has a smaller diameter barrel and it felt amazing. OH has the J143M which is pretty much the same. I would do a C243 H&K on a M110 barrel. P72 and T141 H&Ks are not quite the same...I would call them C243 handle-ish.
    OH,thanks for the information!!
    So the C243M feels more balanced than C243 but more end-loaded than S318 right??

Yeah, the websites haven't been touched much since the take over but all of that will be changing in April.
    Thank you!!
    Could you tell me whom G192 is for??

So can we amateur players get G192 or C243M online from April???

Great information. I would not have guessed the C243M had the S318 barrel as the end was rounded like a C243. Every uncupped S318 I have used had a much flatter barrel end.

I was going to say Vlad Guerrero, but that was a G162.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyokka719 View Post
    Thank you!!
    Could you tell me whom G192 is for??

So can we amateur players get G192 or C243M online from April???
    Last edited by CB22; 02-12-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Brian,
    Who are some of the bat fanatic pitchers? I would imagine most would just borrow a bat from a teammate. I recall David Price getting fired up for a National League series. Verlander has only two hits in his career, but does he have a secret stash of bats just waiting to break out. Bumgarner? Greinke?
    "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

BMH,

I know that you listed them all once before on here but I cant seem to find it....what do all the different letters after turning models indicate again. I know S-small knob, L-large knob but could you mention again what a lot of the others are for please.

You talking about the letters at the end? The ones at the beginning are the first initial of the player's last name. There are a few exceptions: Mc67 (Brian McCann) and BO16 (Bo Jackson) to name two.
    See ball, hit ball.

Post notes and the A141

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by JtK View Post
    BMH,

I know that you listed them all once before on here but I cant seem to find it....what do all the different letters after turning models indicate again. I know S-small knob, L-large knob but could you mention again what a lot of the others are for please.
    here is what i have gleaned from the thread. i am not trying to speak in place of brian. he is a unique quality guy and LS pro bats are the best imo!

Question no better way to know than up close and personal

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ras-tbone View Post
    Brian, could you provide some data on your A141 model? it appears similar to a K162 but i have nothing on it in my notes?
    thanks as always and merry crimbo.

Cool J-tasty

image.jpgimage.jpgacouple of sticks from jingu batting dome in tokyo

more of the hit king at jingu

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a while. It's a great resource for wood bat knowledge!

I wanted to offer to answer any questions I could. I work for Sam Bat. It is not my intention to do anything other than provide any information I can. If anyone has questions, I tend to swing by the forums a couple of times per week.

Cheers,

Kevin

OH man!
    U live in Tokyo? or just had a trip there?

Thumbs up the Oh man

image.jpgimage.jpegyeah brother i have lived here since ichiro's 1st season in the bigs. it kinda blows my mind how long it has been, but i got roots here now and may never make it back stateside to live. i miss going to the ballpark more than anything. games here are fun but not nearly as talent rich as they limit to 4 the number of non-japanese players on the rosters. the beer is served by only HS/college girls which is pretty nutty! i flirt with them terribly but not disrespectfully.

Page 230 of 233 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 ... LastLast