Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234
Results 5,826 to 5,838 of 5838

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

Very interesting! Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ras-tbone View Post
    geez brian, have you been made redundant? i hope it is not so.
    on another blue note (^_^) the custom bat program is pretty sparse in its choices when considering Max and old hick and at $169 + tax and shipping, i wouldn't be surprised if there are more inside the park HR's this year than orders for those. that is absurdly overpriced! i got the granderson prime M110 in maple 3 yrs ago for $ 90! now it is double to my doorstep?
    reminds me of when snap-on tools bought a great co. named Amer. Kowa Seiki. instantly went 2x up in price! am i the only one counting my spare change at the end of every month? LOL---Not♿️
    Gents,

Hows everyone doing? Could not open the link. Checked out the custom LS site.. Wow, but perfectly okay. Ras, what's going on??

-A
    9Positions
    9Positions

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
    Agreed! The new LS center brand is hideous. It wreaks of cheapness.
    Its recognizable now. Your feelings have some merit. But consider what they are paying in certification and the recouping of that. Other brands were noticeable from the camera shot behind the pitcher. Especially the clear coat with the black logos..

My 9P bat would look pretty from the center field camera..
    9Positions
    9Positions

Beaver Bats

I Have Bought Several Beaver Bats been pretty good so far

Quote Originally Posted by aj9020 View Post
    Gents,

Hows everyone doing? Could not open the link. Checked out the custom LS site.. Wow, but perfectly okay.

-A
    Andre,
    how`s it hangin?
    Last edited by ras-tbone; 09-13-2016 at 06:21 PM. Reason: no response nor customer awareness

for top shelf bats under $98 i encourage you to try Carolina Clubs bats!! they are the epitome of old school craftsmanship and quality. any batmaker that believes they will sell retail bats profitably in this wretched market condition at over $100 a pop is deluded
    and not feeling the pulse of the people and their purse strings. as a related note, am i the only one seeing virtually empty stadiums at every park save a few places like SF and the spankies? tough times indeed.
    Last edited by ras-tbone; 09-13-2016 at 06:31 PM. Reason: this thread appears to have lost its moxie

things are not well in bat land!

Performance Sports Group (PSG), maker of Bauer ice hockey equipment and Easton baseball and softball gear, filed for bankruptcy protection earlier today in Canada and the United States. Among other things, the company cited "weakening consumer demand," the liquidation of Sports Authority back in March 2016 as well as the subsequent bankruptcy of an "internet baseball retailer" as key drivers of their financial downturn. According to the company's most recent annual filing, 51% of Easton sales were to "big box" retailers.

The performance of the Company’s business in fiscal 2016 and fiscal 2017 to date has been significantly impacted by adverse market and economic conditions and related customer credit issues. The baseball/softball market experienced a significant downturn in retail sales across all product categories, but particularly in the Company’s important bat category. This weakening of consumer demand, coupled with the Chapter 11 filing by one of the largest U.S. national sporting goods retailers and the bankruptcy of an internet baseball retailer, has reduced the Company’s sales with respect to baseball and softball products.

and not to beleaguer the point, but $150.00+ wood bats!! that is preposterous for the average buyer to purchase!

the world series has been awesome so far. Marucci has dominated the scene with Ol`Hick and Chandler and Sam and Victus and Trinity and Zinger and SSK sprinkled in. schwarber is swinging Dinger! but i don't see many Slugger nor Rawlings nor Tucci which is weird. and i don't see any dove tail bats nor Max which were used by many royals players last year.
    marucci brought in active players as part owners/investors and got sluggers sales reps as BMH discussed awhile back and have annihilated the competition! where is Phoenix? Mizuno? Warstic?

Thumbs up $38 and $39 sticks uncracked!

No BS! thats what i paid to a guy in jersey 3weeks ago! amazing collection he is liquidating at make an offer price! i said i didnt want to disrespect him but would he take 38 bucks? he quickly agreed and walla score!

image.jpegimage.jpg

forgot to add that the C235 is a rarely seen model these days and i have been looking for one for 3 years and jumped at this eric wedge version even though it is old and in ash which means i probably cannot use it and will only copy it. this model has such a small knob and end load. a really great power hitters feel like an AS12 or M356. btw wedges bat is 34"/959g which basically makes it an even 34 bat kind of like what paul oneil used to espouse. bad ass stick.
    as a side note, even though i bellyache about prices skyrocketing me out of the market dont think for a moment that i dont love Slugger the most! more than any other maker as they have the classic excellence that all other companies envy! my advice brian is dont chase the look of marucci et al. but stick with the burned in CB and M9 looks and keep the other companies looking up to yours!

World Series Games 6 & 7 lineups and bat companies used: 23 batters- 7 using marucci -- 3 using Victus --- 2 using LS/Chandler -- 1 using Trinity/SSK/Sam/Zinger/Dinger/Rawlings/Old Hickory -- 3 players Shiranai?? i don`t know? --

--Not Used -- (Max/Tucci/DTB/Mizuno/Easton/B45/Xbat/Phoenix/BWP/B45/Hoosier/Warstic/Akadema/Carolina Clubs)

Goat killers

Fowler-Chandler
    Schwarber-Dinger
    Bryant-Chandler
    Rizzo-Marucci
    Zobrist-MVP-Trinity - he is a holy roller but i still like his grit and work ethic -
    Russell-Zinger- not the owner group from this blog a few years ago sadly
    Contreras-Marucci
    Ross-Rawlings- HR in last game of career! not many do that and win the championship - anybody know the model?
    Montero- ? missed his at bat ?
    Heyward - Louisville Slugger - guy got roasted by the broadcasters but i thought it was way overblown. nevertheless cubs never should have offered him that big of a contract.
    Baez- SSK- great japanese bat maker that is not talked about much anywhere

Da Cubs, i have never like this team in my lifetime but have enjoyed a few of their players over the years. congrats to them for a well deserved title! Tommy La Stella was signed by Billy Best who in 1985 was my hitting coach at ECU in his first year of coaching. he was the only coach i liked at that program and treated me and all the players with respect and good insight. glad to see him still in the game as a top scout. he bleeds royal blue though! haha!

Injuns

Santana-Marucci
    Kipnis-Sam
    Lindor-Marucci
    Napoli-Marucci
    Ramirez-Victus- and Sam? couldn't get a good look
    Chisenhall-Victus
    Crisp - Louisville Slugger - quality player who i thought was finished years ago and had a damn fine WS - is he retiring?
    Naquin-?? never could see the CB
    Davis-Marucci never have thought this guys was much to watch but damn that was a huge HR off chapped-man! my best bud loves the tribe and i thought they had it won after that tying hit by rajai. rain killed their mojo
    Guyer-Old Hick-?? not 100% sure?
    Perez- ?? - could never see the CB as bat was dark and lots of mota/tar on it
    Gomes-Marucci
    Martinez-Victus

damn good series! now time to pick up some winter gems :~~~<<LS>>{{{}}}]
    Last edited by ras-tbone; 11-03-2016 at 07:35 AM. Reason: updated look

World Series Games 6 & 7

chicks dig the long ball!
    Last edited by ras-tbone; 11-03-2016 at 07:20 AM. Reason: duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by ras-tbone View Post
    ...more than any other maker as they have the classic excellence that all other companies envy! my advice brian is dont chase the look of marucci et al. but stick with the burned in CB and M9 looks and keep the other companies looking up to yours!
    There never was, nor ever will there be a bat as visually appealing as the classic Louisville slugger. And yes when the M9's were rolled out, they were everywhere. Roll out a "classic" line. (Do you have any openings in marketing?). On the flip side, how is LVS/Wilson/Demarini doing on the Amateur/College/HS market?

1dc2e5_c9ca738f211be700789d3b707e182370.png

Not the best series for us. We did have Baez use us a couple of times but he broke the bat and went back to SSK.
    I would sulk, but we've got 20,000+ Cubs WS bats to make. It's going to be a long winter.

As for the other markets, Wilson has us very busy. Wilson is very good at what they do.

I'm kind of indifferent to the new look. It's not mine to like or hate anymore
    There has been some talk of using some of the older brands on different lines of bats. I know international would love to bring back the M9.
    Last edited by BMH; 11-04-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234