Page 220 of 220 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220
Results 5,476 to 5,487 of 5487

Thread: Discussion on Wood Bats

Quote Originally Posted by CB22 View Post
    I think it's the other way around. I'm pretty sure when ARod joined the Yanks, he was using the P72 for a spell. BMH can, of course, confirm.

Yes, Arod started to order the P72 exactly like Jeter. In fact Jeter would complain we gave better wood to Arod though we would run 48 bats and just split them into two orders for the both of them.

Have you ever considered boning like Chandler?

Have any guys here had experience with Beaver Bat Co.?

I believe they did change their position this past year, at least for the smaller guys, a memo was sent out prior to the 2014 season addressing the manufacturing process and the compression/boning issue. It's not a "round" bat when it's compressed like that.
    Last edited by cmflores9; 10-18-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Anyone have a picture of a bat from the year or two when Louisville placed in huge writing "LOUISVILLE" on the opposite side of the barrel? I remember Rickey Henderson in 1989 WS using a black bat with that written on the barrel. Can't find a pic for the life of me..BMH, why did you guys do that and why you get rid of it? My guess is MLB or another bat company complained about the branding

Quote Originally Posted by cmflores9 View Post
    I believe they did change their position this past year, at least for the smaller guys, a memo was sent out prior to the 2014 season addressing the manufacturing process and the compression/boning issue. It's not a "round" bat when it's compressed like that.
    I thought zboehmer's question was "has MLB changed their position on allowing manufacturer's to bone rub bats." So my answer was no they have not changed. I might have read it wrong. You are correct in stating they only want a "round" bat.

Quote Originally Posted by danabaseball View Post
    Anyone have a picture of a bat from the year or two when Louisville placed in huge writing "LOUISVILLE" on the opposite side of the barrel? I remember Rickey Henderson in 1989 WS using a black bat with that written on the barrel. Can't find a pic for the life of me..BMH, why did you guys do that and why you get rid of it? My guess is MLB or another bat company complained about the branding

It was in response to Worth and Rawlings putting bigger and bigger ovals on their bats. So we put "LOUISVILLE" down the backside of the barrel. During the winter meetings that year is when MLB started enforcing the logo size and placement rules...

LS large label.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    It was in response to Worth and Rawlings putting bigger and bigger ovals on their bats. So we put "LOUISVILLE" down the backside of the barrel. During the winter meetings that year is when MLB started enforcing the logo size and placement rules...
    Rickey in 89 world series

Quote Originally Posted by danabaseball View Post
    LS large label.jpg

Rickey in 89 world series
    I'm surprised that Rickey didn't spray paint "RICKEY" in huge letters on his bats and down his pant legs...
    "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

That thing looks like a softball bat.
    See ball, hit ball.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Paskert View Post
    I'm surprised that Rickey didn't spray paint "RICKEY" in huge letters on his bats and down his pant legs...
    Rickey says rickey doesn't like people bad mouthing him!! haha! i always was amused by how he used himself in the third person when dealing with the media. wacky genius of baseball. and since discussing him, what was his usuL model? T141?

Brian, BMH, thank you for all your time on this thread. Somehow I've overlooked this thread in my three years on this site. A fascinating read, and I hope LS keeps going for another 100+ years.
    http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...f-Fame-Project

Please take a moment to consider voting in my "No Doubt" Hall of Fame Project.

Players I think are most often underrated: Jim Thome, Luke Appling, Harry Heilmann, Goose Goslin, Vlad Guerrero, Fred Clarke, Zack Wheat, Carlos Delgado, Ken Boyer, Jim Palmer, Jack Morris.

Players I think are most often overrated: Joe Morgan, Roberto Clemente, Paul Molitor, Bobby Grich, Graig Nettles.

Page 220 of 220 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220