Thread: Adam LaRoche

Adam LaRoche

What has happen to this guy (Adam LaRoche)??? The last time (not that long ago) I checked his stats he had about 15 HRs and his average was around .250 , how come he know has 27 taters and his average has risen over 30 points ???

He has absolutely killed the ball since the All Star break. He is leading the NL in batting average and slugging percentage since the break. He has a sweet swing and is fast becoming one of the best first baseman in the game. We are extremley fortunate to have LaRoche, and hopefully he will be here for a long time. By the way, he just smashed a two run home run to give us the lead.
    Last edited by cbenson5; 09-02-2006 at 01:46 PM.
    "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
    -Casey Stengel

POTG without a doubt is Adam LaRoche.

Honorable mention: Ward. Both got it done with one swing of the bat each!

Outstanding Win Tonight!
    1914 Boston Braves
    July 5th: 15 games back.
    October 13th: World Series Champs
    (Anything is possible)
    GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

That game is why the Braves have won 14 straight division titles. I just hope they get things together for next season.
    Boring....

He has grown on me. I'm starting to like him more and more which is surprising because I've been one of his biggest critics. If he can hit LHP he'll be very good for us.
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!!

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Hope so.

What a great year he is having. He will only improve I hope.
    Keith "Baseball Fanatic" Thronson

Quote Originally Posted by bama50
    What a great year he is having. He will only improve I hope.
    Yes. Now if only the rest of the lineup improves with him, we'd be in business.

ESPN feels Laroche has made a big improvement because of his ADD medications.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...avesnotes.html
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

he has been doing really well, but i'm still skeptical
    Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Saw an interesting thing on ESPN about LaRoches ADD on sunday I beleive it was.

Bam...900 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
    ESPN feels Laroche has made a big improvement because of his ADD medications.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...avesnotes.html
    all it does is help his concentration. that OTL show was a joke, especially the panelists.

its not like hes the only player to be using anti ADD meds. Scott Eyre a pitcher for the cubs has been using meds for about 4 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    all it does is help his concentration. that OTL show was a joke, especially the panelists.

its not like hes the only player to be using anti ADD meds. Scott Eyre a pitcher for the cubs has been using meds for about 4 years now.
    Along with the two other guys named in the AJC article, Craig Biggio, and Derek Lowe. No one seems to be upset about Biggio taking ADD medication.

The guys on OTL are just a lot of hot air. They'll say anything controversial or make issues out of non-issues just to get ratings.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelfan44
    he has been doing really well, but i'm still skeptical
    I am actually glad to see you say you are still skeptical. Iget tired of seeing people flip flop on their opinions on a weekly basis.
    I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

I still don't think he's all that good either. I bet Scott Thorman could produce huge numbers if he got regular playing time. This is the 1st year Laroche hasn't had a platoon I believe. That may be the reason his numbers are alot better along with the meds like it said above. My opinion has been changed slightly but I still think he needs to develop and not strike out as much.
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!!

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Quote Originally Posted by AznInvasion
    I still don't think he's all that good either. I bet Scott Thorman could produce huge numbers if he got regular playing time. This is the 1st year Laroche hasn't had a platoon I believe. That may be the reason his numbers are alot better along with the meds like it said above. My opinion has been changed slightly but I still think he needs to develop and not strike out as much.
    Exactly , it's even more incredible having 30 HRs battling Injuries and a Platoon situation !!!

Quote Originally Posted by AznInvasion
    I disagree on Thorman, I watched him a couple of times in the minors and I was never really impressed with him much. reminds me of Klesko with less plate discipline. has a lot of pop (sometimes) strikes out a lot for trying to swing for the fences and mediocre average. Thorman will be a utility player off the bench until the Braves trade him in a couple of years. If you think LaRocheneeds to mature a little more, what until you see Thorman on a more regular basis and the other teams develope a scouting report on him, he will have more K's than LaRoche.
    I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Quote Originally Posted by jpenrod
    I disagree on Thorman, I watched him a couple of times in the minors and I was never really impressed with him much. reminds me of Klesko with less plate discipline. has a lot of pop (sometimes) strikes out a lot for trying to swing for the fences and mediocre average. Thorman will be a utility player off the bench until the Braves trade him in a couple of years. If you think LaRocheneeds to mature a little more, what until you see Thorman on a more regular basis and the other teams develope a scouting report on him, he will have more K's than LaRoche.
    Exept Klesko is much less versatile and bigger .
    LaRoche is definetly the starting 1B going into the Spring but maybe Thorman could be converted somewhere else like LF or 3B where he could be more usefull in the organisation .

Believe it or not, LaRoche hits better than Carlos Delgado.

LaRoche - .285/.354/.561 - 32 HR, 90 RBI
    Delgado - .265/.361/.548 - 39 HR, 114 RBI