X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • papa~smurf
    ich leibe die roten sox
    • Apr 2005

I am sorry if I sounded a little rude, thank you for correcting yourself. I was just an on-going theme, I was getting a little tired of it.
    go M's/BSox :gt

There is no "I" in "team."
    But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Comment

• Rennie Stennett
      7-for-7
      • Mar 2006

M's Win First Game Of Series vs. Blue Jays

Remember Sweet Lou believed in winning the first game of these three game series ? It is a big edge to do so. When you think about it, most teams travel from the East coast to play the M's, which is a long red eye trip, unless they are playing another West Coast team, in which case they have to fly up the coast. In any rate, this is a good idea to jump on them when they are down and out. When you win the first game of a series, you have a good shot at winning 2 of 3.

I watch an early season game a few years ago, when Lou was at Tampa. Tampa was playing the Yankees, it was the first game of a series and the D-Rays were up like 7-2 or something in the sixth or seventh. Lou managed that game like it was the seventh game of the World Series; pushing buttons and finally bringing the closer in the game to wrap it up. The Yankees made a comeback but it fell short and the Rays won.

Comment

• Rennie Stennett
        7-for-7
        • Mar 2006

Mariners recall Snelling from Tacoma

Mariners designated Carl Everett for assignment.

Comment

• Seattle1
          Mariners
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Rennie Stennett
          Mariners designated Carl Everett for assignment.
          Wow, didn't really see that coming, though it didn't seem like Everett was really playing up to the level they had hoped for when they brought him in.

Comment

• papa~smurf
            ich leibe die roten sox
            • Apr 2005

Aside from a couple walk-offs, Carl didn't contribute too much to the team.

They brought up Chris Snelling. Personally, I think Carl was a bit of a hassle for the team. I would say that Perez at DH is better then what Everett was doing.
            go M's/BSox :gt

There is no "I" in "team."
            But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Comment

• Seattle1
              Mariners
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by papa~smurf
              Aside from a couple walk-offs, Carl didn't contribute too much to the team.

They brought up Chris Snelling. Personally, I think Carl was a bit of a hassle for the team. I would say that Perez at DH is better then what Everett was doing.
              I like what I've seen of Perez so far ok, though I don't expect anything spectacular.

Comment

• Rennie Stennett
                7-for-7
                • Mar 2006

Broussard for Choo

the Mariners acquired left-handed-hitting first baseman Ben Broussard and cash considerations from the Cleveland Indians for Minor League outfielder Shin-Soo Choo and a player to be named later.

Comment

• Rennie Stennett
                  7-for-7
                  • Mar 2006

Chris Snelling

You got to like Chris Snelling. He plays hard. He can play all the outfield positions and he can hit. He's got some big league experience and started some playoff games way back when, before he got the injury bug. I think everyone is pulling for him.

Comment

• Rennie Stennett
                    7-for-7
                    • Mar 2006

What's Up With Choo ?

The Mariner Syndrome continued Friday night at the Jake. Shin-Soo Choo hit the game winning home run off King Felix on a 3-0 pitch that looked to be up and away. He drove it the other way. It turned out to be the only run Cleveland needed. The M's wasted a great outing by the King. We have seen it before, where a Mariner player gets traded and does well or in this case, comes back to haunt his old mates.
                    Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 07-31-2006, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Padday
                      Mariners Fever
                      • Jul 2006

Oh, the irony.
                      Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

• Wade8813
                        The Dark Knight = Amazing
                        • Jul 2006

But, just to add to the irony, Ben Broussard returned the favor and got us a HR the next game :gt .
                        Last edited by Wade8813; 08-03-2006, 11:59 AM.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Rennie Stennett
                          7-for-7
                          • Mar 2006

Woods Gets the Win in relief...

as the M's offense explodes late to brake open a close game and the Mariners take 2 of 3 from the Indians. Piniero kept it close for seven (7) innings giving up just three runs. Sexson (23rd) had a homer, Beltre (28th) and Ibanez (23rd) each had a double and Lopez went 3-5 with a two out RBI to power the M's. The Mariners have won two series in a row. They fly into Baltimore for three with the Birds, just three (3 1/2)and a half games back in the divison.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          AL WILD-CARD RACE

N.Y. Yankees 61 41 .598 -
                          Chi. White Sox 61 42 .592 ½
                          Minnesota 60 43 .583 1½
                          Toronto 57 48 .543 5½
                          L.A. Angels 54 50 .519 8
                          Texas 52 53 .495 10½
                          Seattle 51 53 .490 11
                          Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 07-31-2006, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Rennie Stennett
                            7-for-7
                            • Mar 2006

It ain't over til it's over

As of 6-19-06

East: Boston .582

Central: Detroit .657

West: Oakland .551

Wild Card: Chicago .638
                            NY .567
                            Texas .543
                            Toronto .536
                            MINN .500
                            Seattle .479

As Of Today, 8-1-06

N.Y. Yankees 61 41 .598 -
                            Chi. White Sox 62 42 .596 -
                            Minnesota 61 43 .587 1
                            Toronto 57 48 .543 5½
                            L.A. Angels 54 51 .514 8½
                            Seattle 52 53 .495 10½
                            Texas 52 54 .491 11

What a difference six weeks make. On 6-19, the White Sox were playing (.638) ball and about seventy points ahead of the Yankees (.567) in the Wild Card Race. Today, the Yankees are playing (.598) ball and lead the White Sox (.596) by percentage points. Minnesota was a five hundred club six weeks ago and now they are one (1) game back in the Wild Card. The Yankees have improved with trades and will be getting guys back from injury. The Chi-Sox appear to be fading fast. Six weeks ago was when that Ozzie - Marriotti thing blow up and the Sox have been going down hill since then. The Mariners are ten games back in the wild card but just 3 1/2 games back in the divison. They just hopped over Texas into third place two games behind second place LA Angels. The M's are gaining confidence and they believe they can beat anyone. Winners of three series in a row, the Mariners have control of there own destiny. Yee Haw !

Comment

• Rennie Stennett
                              7-for-7
                              • Mar 2006

Big Ritchie Sexson hits a game winning grand salami...

and the M's beat the D-Rays 5-1. After getting spanked by Oakland in a three game series, the Mariners have rebounded nicely, with two in a row against Tampa. Sexson's game winning Grand Slam is his fourth this year and 13th of his career, just ten away from the all-time leader Lou Gehrig (23). The M's go for the sweep today.

Oakland continues to win.

Comment

• Edgartohof
                                • May 2004

Mark Lowe, has now pitched a total of 17 2/3 scoreless innings to begin his major league career, including 2 great innings last night, striking out 2, with no hits or walks.

So far, he has given up 8 hits, 7 walks (.849 WHIP), 1 HBP, struck out 20 (10.2 SO/9 IP), and given up 0 runs (Earned OR Unearned) in these 17 2/3 innings. And he was clocked in the triple digits TWICE in last nights game!!! Opponents have a line of: .125/.250/.161 against him.

Now I'm not sure, but I believe that this is the longest scoreless streak to begin a career - I'll have to get back to you on that one though, unless someone else knows for sure.
                                Last edited by Edgartohof; 08-15-2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X