Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Updates anyone?

Blog Entries

M's beat Blue Jays 5-3

Gil Meche went a solid six innings and Beltre had a couple of RBI's, as the Mariners beat Toronto. Ichiro, Beltre and Lopez had two hits each. The offense banged out 10 hits, which is good to see, as the M's play their toughest stretch of the season. JJ Putz got his 17th save. Next up: Halladay, who's 12-2.

Adam Jones, just called up from AAA Tacoma, walked and was CS on a close play at second. Some say this kid will continue to grow, but he looks pretty big right now, with speed to burn. Hopefully he does well or the Seattle fans will sent him out of town on a freight train. Remember, Willie Mays went 0-fer 20 to start his career and he turned out okay. Say Hey !
    Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 07-15-2006 at 05:46 AM.

Saturday July 15, 2006

Today Jamie Moyer goes up against Doc Halliday at Rogers Centre nee Skydome in Toronto. This one could be a 1-0 final, as it should be a dandy pitchers duel. Let's go Mariners

Blog Entries

Heartbreak Hotel

The Mariners lose two of three to the Blue Jays to open up the second half of the season. Both of these losses where in extra frames, one in 11 innings and the other in 14 innings. Our bullpen is tired and we have the next three @ NY Yankees who just stomped on the White Sox. Good Grief !

If we are hanging with these Eastern teams, I think Bavasi is likely to get someone. I mean, if we had 1 or 2 more runs, we could have won those games in Toronto.
    go M's/BSox

There is no "I" in "team."
    But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

--If we had used Putz in those extra inning games we might have won one or both too . Why did Hargrove let our best pitcher rust in the pen and run out the bottom of the staff? Soriano only pitched one inning of those 25 too (out of 11 relief innings). I couldn't believe he left Mateo (who doesn't get strike outs or ground balls) in there with the bases loaded and nobody out in the 11th.

Blog Entries

Question Putz

Putz or Soriano could have started the ninth or the tenth, as you mentioned, with Soriano going 1.0 the day before and Putz riding the pines. Perhaps, he is saving them for the Yankees or Grover doesn't want to mess with their roles. I hope he's not saving them for the next game, because this is bad managing. You play for today. You play to win today. Worry about tomorrow when It gets here.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up A-Rod makes Three Errors...

...and the boo-birds give him a Bronz Cheer. This is not new for A-Rod, who usually gets Booed @ home in the Bronz. After three errors they really gave him the business. The M's could not capitalize on these errors by the Bombers and tough luck Washburn loses another one. Again, he really didn't pitch that bad, giving up three runs early (one earned) and one late. The M's offense goes in the tank again. There is no clutch hitting by the M's. They are knocking 10 hits a game, but they are leaving just as many on base (18 LOB). This is getting frustrating. Today, we face Ponson, and then it's Meche vs. The Big Unit. We fly home for a weekend set against the Red Sox. Let's see if we can get a win today.
    Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 07-18-2006 at 06:21 AM.

--It was not a good day all around for A-Rod. Besides the errors, the M's intentionally walked Giambi (loading the bases) to face him. Rookie Mark Lowe came on to strike him out and then got the next guy to escape with no runs allowed (and spare Washburn some additional runs - I disagree that he pitched well yesterday). Lowe looks like he can really pitch and hopefully he'll be taking more high leverage innings away from Mateo.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Again, no run support for Washburn !

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark
    --It was not a good day all around for A-Rod. Besides the errors, the M's intentionally walked Giambi (loading the bases) to face him. Rookie Mark Lowe came on to strike him out and then got the next guy to escape with no runs allowed (and spare Washburn some additional runs - I disagree that he pitched well yesterday). Lowe looks like he can really pitch and hopefully he'll be taking more high leverage innings away from Mateo.
    6 1/3 innings pitched with one (1) earned run is a bad outing ? They never score runs for this guy. You go out there and pitch with little run support. The Yankees made four (4) errors and we can't score one (1) run off them ? If one run in 6 1/3 is not good, what is your opinion of a good start ? I know, he has to pitch like the Big Train or he's no good, right ?

Blog Entries

Exclamation To The Western Front For You

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark
    -- Lowe looks like he can really pitch and hopefully he'll be taking more high leverage innings away from Mateo.
    you'll find something wrong with Lowe anyday now, and you'll want to ship him to Siberia ! To the Russian Front Colonel Klink and you can't take Hilga with you !

Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 07-18-2006 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Stennett
    6 1/3 innings pitched with one (1) earned run is a bad outing ? They never score runs for this guy. You go out there and pitch with little run support. The Yankees made four (4) errors and we can't score one (1) run off them ? If one run in 6 1/3 is not good, what is your opinion of a good start ? I know, he has to pitch like the Big Train or he's no good, right ?

--He didn't give up one run though. The runs didn't actually score on errors, but on hits Washburn gave up after. Then he left with men on, but the pen got him out of it. It was a horrible start, but it wasn't exactly a masterpiece either. Overall, he is giving up almost 5 (earned) runs a game so it isn't as if he can blame his lousy record all on his defense. Believe me, I'd like to see signs that Washburn is turning a corner - we are stuck with him 3 more years after all.

Blog Entries

Curse of The Bambino

I guess players and fans alike were wondering why the Marquee at Yankee Stadium read Nightmare in The Bronz before the start of last nights' game, between the Mariners and the Yankees. What started as a regular ole' ballgame turned into a Horror film. When JJ Putz took the mound in the bottom of the ninth, the clouds opened and the rains poured, as if The Bambino himself was upstairs and flipped a switch, as he has done so many times before. With no help from the guys in blue, who wanted to get this game in, they allowed the game to continue even though it was unplayable and this was evident by one and all. This is how things go in the Bronz. The Umpires who had 20/20 vision to start the game, suddenly cannot see worth beans, and their good judgement flew South to Capistrano for the Winter. On a big league play by Jose Lopez, where he caught the ball and belly flopped on his slip-n-slide into the outfield, which seemed like an eternity, got up and fired a strike to Big Ritchie that appeared to be the second out of the inning, but the bum in blue called him safe much to the delight of the rain soaked fans that remained. After the score was tied the game was called and a two hour rain delay began.

After the rain delay, our new closer Julio Mateo was summoned from the bullpen and he gave up the game winning homer. Why Mateo ? Now, I like the guy, but come on. Didn't Grover have any left handers down there to face this guy ? sheesh ! Where are those Seahawk Season Tickets !

Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 07-19-2006 at 03:25 PM.

In the first game of a weekend set Jamie Moyer gives up 6 hits, 8 runs, 7 earned, and 5 homeruns , over 4 1/3, while the bullpen gives 1 more the rest of the way, as the Mighty M's lose to Boston tonight 9-4. We have the bullpen of a championship team, too bad we have the offense and starting rotation of the Seattle Mariners . Starters for tomorrow's game are Kason Gabbard (0-0) for his first ever start for the Red Sox, and The Kid Felix Hernandez (8-8, 4.89) goes for the M's. If they are gonna take one in this series it should be tomorrow. Let's go M's

If we could pick up a solid starter, and our offense stays consistant, we do have a championship team here.
    go M's/BSox

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

The Kid, Felix Hernandez, put in another solid outing today, giving up 4 hits and 2 runs over 7 complete, and the offense chipped in some runs as well today as the M's took the middle game 5-2. Hernandez looked really good today, as did this new kid Mark Lowe. He came in and pitched a perfect 8th and looked great doing it. Putz came in for the save. The other new kid Adam Jones looked awesome in centre field, making at least 2 very nice catches, and he even got a couple of hits today, and walked once in 4 trips to the plate. This team seems to be coming together nicely, although Beltre and Sexson were a disappointment at the plate again today, especially when they had runners in scoring position. I wish somebody could drill it into their heads that they don't have to swing at every pitch. Tomorrow the M's send Jarrod Washburn (4-10, 4.41) up against Jon Lester (5-0, 2.38) in the rubber match. One last note the M's came in 5 back of Oakland in the AL West and stay that way after the A's beat the Tigers 9-5 today.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb M's beat Redsox 9-8 and win the series 2-1

The third game of the series with the Red Soxs was a roller coaster ride all the way. The score changed (7) seven times Sunday, and the M's where the last one standing after Big Richie's game winning homer in the bottom of the ninth. Beltre hit an inside the park home run to put the M's ahead in the eighth inning, which looked to be the game winner with ole' reliable JJ Putz getting ready. Beltre, who was jogging up the line watching his big fly turned on the afterburner when he saw the ball bounce off the wall. Dude can smoke around the bases, for sure. After JJ Putz gave up a homer to tie it, Sexton came up in the bottom of the ninth, and drove a 2-1 pitch to left for the game winner and the moose circled the bases toting the Mariner Flag. With the temperature on the field hovering in the triple digits and who knows how hot in the Moose outfit, the Moose deserves a tip of the cap and a cold one for the effort.

The Blue Jays come to town for three games starting tonight. It's Piniero (6-8, 5.79) vs. Jannsen (6-9, 4.77).
    Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 07-24-2006 at 07:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Red face Beltre Comes Diving In...

Beltre's inside the park home run:

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Stennett
    Sexton
    S-E-X-S-O-N, Sexson. Not Sexton, Sexson. Please could you type his name right? There is no "T" in his name at all, and it is not pronounced like that either. I don't see how you keep mispelling his name, I have pointed it out to you several times.
    go M's/BSox

Blog Entries

Big Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by papa~smurf
    S-E-X-S-O-N, Sexson. Not Sexton, Sexson. Please could you type his name right? There is no "T" in his name at all, and it is not pronounced like that either. I don't see how you keep mispelling his name, I have pointed it out to you several times.
    Big Ritchie S-E-X-S-O-N !!!!! hit a homer.

I make other dump spelling and grammer mistakes, when rushed for time. I'm suprised I got those past you !

A lot of TV announcers say Sexton too which ticks me off...LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast