Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Updates anyone?

Blog Entries

Talking rollin' and tumblin'

Well with the recent tumble the M's are taking winning the West is out ot the question, but they have a shot at finishing out of the basement, but even that seems long gone at this point. Indeed, the guys are probably booking their golf vacations right now. If Grover can rally the troops for one final push perhaps we can pass Texas in the standings.

The West standings as of today (8-15-06)

Oakland 67 52 .563 -
    L.A. Angels 62 58 .517 5˝
    Texas 61 59 .508 6˝
    Seattle 56 63 .471 11

September call ups are just around the corner. It will be nice to see what some of these kids can do. Beating our rivals in our divison would be more fun. Getting that Oakland Monkey off our backs would be a good start.

I think it's about time to test some of those young pitchers. Piniero proves every start that he doesn't deserve to pitch right now.

Blog Entries

Talking I think your right

Quote Originally Posted by ichiro262
    I think it's about time to test some of those young pitchers. Piniero proves every start that he doesn't deserve to pitch right now.
    It appears Piniero has no heart. When he throws against the A's, it's like they know what's coming. They hammer on breaking balls as well as the express. Uncle Charlie has no bite and the #1 is flat.

Blog Entries

Talking This just in...

Woods to take Piniero's spot in the rotation. Piniero to bullpen.

Blog Entries

Question Mel Stottlemyre to Manage M's ?

Pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre, who does not regret leaving the Yankees last season, hasn’t ruled out returning to work. Stottlemyre, who lives close to Seattle, told the New York Post he'll "wait and see" what happens with manager Mike Hargrove.

Blog Entries

Angry King Felix

Grover, in one of his worst moves ever leaves The King in the ballgame in the eight and Felix gets trashed by the D-Rays in this heartbreaker. Everyone says Sweet Lou is coming back. Well I hope to shout he does. Lou would have never done this to Felix. All this talk about backing off on his work as he approaches 200 innings. What a bunch of hogwash. Get the kid out of there when he's on for the win. This was Hernandez's chance to get to the .500 mark @ 12-12 and give him some confidence and a chance for a winning season. Sure at the time, Felix only had like 90 pitches. You hate to see this. We have a pretty good bullpen, who is used to coming in and saving ballgames.

This guy Witt is a career minor leaguer (10 years), who can't hit the curveball. That's why he's spent 10 years in the minors, but he can sure hit the fastball. What do you give a first pitch fastball hitter ? One right down the tube. Witt's best cup of coffee was with the '03 Tigers. He had 10 HR's & 68 Strikeouts in 270 AB's. Witt averaged about 100 strikeouts per year in the minors.

Grover: get on the next train out of town.

http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/NA...ex.jsp?c_id=tb
    Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 09-04-2006 at 05:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Wink Motor City Shakedown

after a long rain delay, Kenji Jojima singled home Ibanez in the top of the tenth to give the M's the lead and Jon Huber picked up his first win in the big show. The Mariners take two of three from the Tigers. The Tigers are just 3 1/2 ahead of Minnesota, who play the D-Rays tonight. The M's get Thursday off before the Rangers come to town. Of the remaining 23 ballgames, nine are with Texas. The M's are five games behind Texas in the Wild, Wild, West.

Blog Entries

Kenji goes yard & Sexson hits another grand salami

Ritchie Sexson added some insurance with a grand slam and Cha Seung Baek had another solid outing as the M's win. Kenji hit a go ahead homer for the good guys.

Blog Entries

Talking Emiliano Fruto picks up first win in the Big Leagues...

...and Lopez singled home Ibanez in the 13th and the M"s Win. Fruto went 2 & 2/3's scoreless innings to keep the Mariners in the game. The Good Ship Mariner is now just 3 games back of third place Texas as we sail into the sunset.

Blog Entries

Question Mariner Moose Dates Jessica Simpson ?

The Mariner Moose is denying that he dates Jessica Simpson but it's too late - he's already been mercilessly sucked in to her publicity vortex, grounded into hamburger, and spit out like he's just another Nick Lachey.
    Jessica Simpson has fired her publicist, Rob Shuter, over his handling of U.S. media claims that the pop singer was dating the Mariner Moose, a report says. E! Online reported that Joe Simpson, Jessic's father, fired Shuter this week over the publicist`s alleged mishandling of last week`s rumors that his famous daughter and the Mariner Moose are seeing each other. Rumors have been flying at Safeco Field recently. Groundskeepers and others have witnessed a sudden extra spring in the Moose's step the past few weeks. Some people are concerned about the Moose. Maintenance personel noticed that the governor put on the Moose's three wheel motorized vehicle has been removed. The Moose has cancelled his regular visits to Children's Hospital and the Ronald Mc Donald House. One citizen reported that he watched the Moose down a quad Mocha Breve On Ice in less than a minute at Tully's Coffee. A high ranking Mariner personel, refused comment Sunday.

Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 09-11-2006 at 11:47 AM.

Do you have a source for the last story? Is that really true? If it is, that is quality laughs.
    go M's/BSox

There is no "I" in "team."
    But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Blog Entries

Exclamation The Moose turns 17 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by papa~smurf
    Do you have a source for the last story? Is that really true? If it is, that is quality laughs.
    I don't have a source for that story because it's not true, but it is quality laughs.

Great Story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariner_Moose

Blog Entries

Post I-chi-ro ! I-chi-ro ! I-chi-ro !

As mentioned over in the Ichiro thread by Edgartohof http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...=19524&page=13 Ichiro stole third as part of a double steal. Suzuki's stolen base broke the league record for consecutive swipes previously held by Kansas City's Willie Wilson, who was successful on 32 straight attempts in 1980.

Vince Coleman holds the major league record with 44 straight steals for the St. Louis Cardinals in 1989.

Ichiro also has two hundred hits for the sixth striaght year.

The major league record for consecutive 200-hit seasons is eight by Willie Keeler between 1894-1901. Wade Boggs (1983-89) holds the American League record with seven straight.

Oh by the way, Piniero gave up five runs in the fourth and that was all Kansas City needed as Mark Redman cruised. Ibanez knocked in his (110th) RBI on his seventh (7) Sac-Fly this year.
    Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 09-17-2006 at 07:09 PM.

Blog Entries

S-e-x-s-o-n

With two (2) RBI's today, Big Ritchie has fourty (40) two out RBI's. He needs two more to reach the one hundred RBI mark. He has (29) dingers this year.

Blog Entries

A Look at the future

Adam Jones had a pinch-hit, two-run single with two outs in the 10th inning to help the M's beat the Rangers 9-7 Tuesday night. 15 players saw action and 6 pitchers in this meaningless game. The only thing left on the bench was the kitchen sink, and Hargrove was prepared to toss that at them if needed.
    Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 09-20-2006 at 05:55 AM.

Willie went 5-6 in this game.
    go M's/BSox

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Ichiro also has recently added another 2 successful steals, to add to his streak, of 35 steals without being caught. This is the AL record, by 3(?), and only 9 behind the ML record of 44.

And he also has more hits this season (207) than he did all of last season (206), with several games left in the season.

Blog Entries

he da wow

Quote Originally Posted by Edgartohof
    Ichiro also has recently added another 2 successful steals, to add to his streak, of 35 steals without being caught. This is the AL record, by 3(?), and only 9 behind the ML record of 44.

And he also has more hits this season (207) than he did all of last season (206), with several games left in the season.
    This steak is truly incredible. That Ichiro wow's again.

Mariners record as of September 21st 2006 is 75-79.

If you take out the W/L from our own division, our record is 59-44.

If we were in any other division in baseball, we might still be in it.
    go M's/BSox

Blog Entries

Post A's Magic Number remains at two

Willie Bloomquist's GWRBI in the 10th gave the M's a 10-9 victory over the A's.
    The A's Magic number is stuck on two, as the Angels beat Texas. The Texas loss and the Mariner's win moves the M's within two games of third place in the West. If the Mariners win their five remaining games they will finish @ (.500). Three of these five are with Texas to end the season.

Oakland 90 66 .577 -
    L.A. Angels (2) 85 71 .545
    Texas 78 79 .497 12˝
    Seattle 76 81 .484 14˝

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Well, Summer is over

The M"s finished the year taking two of three from the Rangers of Texas. They played .481 ball. At times, the M's pitched very well and hit very well but other times we couldn't buy a hit when we needed one. Staggering is the numbers of LOB and RLISP. Also, we didn't walk much. I think the team leader had like 67. I know we are a young club and some of these kids it's their first full big league season, but to play with Oakland, you have to take your base on balls. For guys like Ichiro, it will never happen, because that's his game and it works for him. Other guys will have to learn and I think they will. Other than 6 or 7 five game losing streaks and as papasmurf mentioned, our poor play in the divison, the M's didn't do to bad. Beltre finally seems comfortable in the American League. Sexton started slow but came on late. Ibanez had a great year. The young pitchers came up and showed us that watching the young guns develop is fun. You don't have to have crafty old vets. Sure the kids make mistakes but they make up for it in energy. Personally, I would have like them to finish above .500 and perhaps slide past Texas into third place, but still I'm happy with the guys and I look forward to next year. Grover recieved a vote of confidence and will be back next year. This is Rennie Stennett on the 'Good Ship Mariner' signing off.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234