Thread: Pearl Sandow dies at 103

Pearl Sandow dies at 103

Wow

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=atl

If there ever was a superfan I can talk you this little lady was it, she attended virtually every homegame since the Braves arrived in Atlanta back in 1966. She only started missing games when her health declined and she was put in a nursing home, but she did catch the games on tv.

The strangest thing for me was that I completely had forgotten about her until just a couple days ago I was in a used book store and saw an old "Amazing Braves" preseason preview from 1981, Pearl is in that book as the Braves #1 fan. There are a couple pictures of her sitting in the seat that Turner gave her at the old stadium.

How sad, every team could use more fans like her.

Sad News
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Here's an article on her funeral.

Link
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

You'd be hard pressed to find a fan of any team, any sport that has been to more games then her. She had a streak of over 1800 home games without missing one! Thats dedication.

My first home games were back in the early 80's, and I can certainly agree with that article about how few people would be in the stadium. I swear some games there couldn't have been over 1,000 people. My brother and I, we were just kids, got to run around the bases after one game, the team was really hard up to get some fan base so you could do about anything back then.