Thread: Your hopes fulfilled!!!

Your hopes fulfilled!!!

Looks like a local will end up with the team according to the Washington Post.

According to the article, it's Ted Lerner's group who will win the right to buy the Nationals franchise. Being a local and being a developer in a time when the team is in the process of building a ballpar, Lerner's and the Nationals' stars appear to have alligned!

Good luck to his group, they no doubt will need it.

I hope that's true -- we've had almost weekly reports now that a deal is imminent. Local ownership is best. I never trusted Smulyan.

Current Post headline says that Selig called Lerner to make it official.

Good. Local ownership is important, and if Marion Barry doesn't like the guy, then that's all the more reason to support him in my opinion!
    I will not assimilate into the Angelos Collective. Resistance is not futile.

It is a done deal according to ESPN. They say Depuy has confirmed the selection of the Lerner's as the new owners of the Nationals and Selig has already informed the lerners. The press conference will be late this afternoon. Final confirmation by the owners is a formality and the Lerners should actually take of the club in two to three weeks.

This will bring to an end the four-year no owner odyssey of the ExpoNationals.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by efin98
    Looks like a local will end up with the team according to the Washington Post.

According to the article, it's Ted Lerner's group who will win the right to buy the Nationals franchise. Being a local and being a developer in a time when the team is in the process of building a ballpar, Lerner's and the Nationals' stars appear to have alligned!

Good luck to his group, they no doubt will need it.
    Keep in mind local is good, but being a GOOD owner with deep pockets is better. I'm sure many of the same Orioles fans who cheered that Peter Angelos bought the team because he was from Baltimore have come to regret it. In hindsight, Washingtonian EBW wasn't that bad an owner for the O's...

Eddie Cunningham
    20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Dear Mr. Lerner: Can we please have a new stadium announcer? The sooner the better, too!

I will not assimilate into the Angelos Collective. Resistance is not futile.

Watch the press conference live now at mlb.com in the top headlines there should be some news about the Nats and there should be a link saying "Watch live now".
    Cristobal