• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyStarks
    Yankee Forum Janitor
    • Jun 2005

Sturtze & the DL

Did any of you actually buy this?

Hmm...I have a hard time believing he's injured.

I think the timing on this was impeccable. Torre probably came up to him and said listen...take a few days off. Get your mind off things. We'll put you on the DL and bring up someone else. It's for the better of the team.

Hmpffff....injury to the front shoulder my arse!
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio
  • DoubleX
    Just a Fool
    • Feb 2004

I don't care if its real or not, it means he won't be pitching. My only problem with it all is that I heard Scott Erickson would be taking his spot instead of Colter Bean.

Comment

• Mattingly
      Yankee fan & proud of it!
      • Feb 2003

I've heard quite a few times when players went on the DL that the injury was mysterious at best.

Sturtze could be useful, but only if he's on his game. He doesn't need to be as good as Scott Proctor, but if he can eat 2 innings, avoid allowing many inherited runners from scoring and perform well in the innings that he starts, I'm fine.

If anything, perhaps he needs a vacation.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X