Thread: Thome Hits 20th of the Season

Exclamation Thome Hits 20th of the Season

Jim Thome just belted his 20th homer of the year off Cleveland's Guillermo mota in the 6th inning to give the Godd Guys a 10-0 lead at Jacobs Field.

This is Thome's 2nd blast of the game.It was a shot over the edge of the high wall towards center field.

Great trade. While Anderson is a disappointment, Mackowiak is replacing Rowand's production.
    Last edited by KingJ; 05-29-2006 at 12:26 PM.
    The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
    Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

As far as hitting is concerned,Anderson is a disappointment so far.But his defense out there is very top notch.

But right now,you have to give the nod to Mackowiak out there.He's been hitting really well of late.

Thome now has 450 career homers,which is 5th highest among active players.He has now passed Jeff Bagwell for 30th on the All-Time home run list,and now has hit 178 career homers at Jacobs Field.

He now is the fastest to 20 home runs in White Sox history,and is on a pace to hit 65 home runs this season.

Thome is awsome, and as classy a player as you will ever find. He had a lot of class as an Indian too. To bad they never appreciated him. Jimmy is going to hit 50+ homeruns this year which is exactly what the Sox needed. Paulie is probably going to have a career year with home runs as well. With Jimmy in the lineup there is less pressure on the guys who follow him and they are swinging he bats better because of it.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never."

I liked what Hawk said to the Cleveland fans after Thome hit his 1st inning blast.

He said,"Now you guys can boo him!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chisox73
    I liked what Hawk said to the Cleveland fans after Thome hit his 1st inning blast.

He said,"Now you guys can boo him!"
    I used to have respect for Cleveland before that. How do you boo the greatest 1B in team history (unless I'm forgetting someone)? Kind of ironic that he left Philly to get bood from the city which he'll wear in the HOF if he makes it.
    Johnson and now Goligoski gone.
    I hope that's all.