Thread: Scores of games, extra innings

Scores of games, extra innings

Does any one know the answers to the following?

What is the highest score in a game by both teams where the game was decided by a narrow margin and who were the teams?

What is the highest most lopsided score in a game and who were the teams?

What is the longest extra inning game by number of innings? What was the final score? Who were the teams?

What was the highest margin between the teams in a long contested extra inning game? Who were the teams and what was the final score?

1. Phils beat the Cubs 23-22 in 10 innings on 05/17/79.

2. BoSox beat the Browns 29-4 on 06-08-1950.
    Last edited by KCGHOST; 06-13-2006 at 09:13 PM.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

3. Dodgers and Braves played to a 1-1 tie in 26 innings on 05-01-1920.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by nymetsfan
    Does any one know the answers to the following?

What is the highest score in a game by both teams where the game was decided by a narrow margin and who were the teams?

What is the highest most lopsided score in a game and who were the teams?

I'm pretty sure there was a 10-0 extra inning game but I can't recall which teams participated.

What is the longest extra inning game by number of innings? What was the final score? Who were the teams?

26 innings - Brooklyn Dodgers vs. Boston Braves 1-1 tie

What was the highest margin between the teams in a long contested extra inning game? Who were the teams and what was the final score?
    I answered what I could but don't really understand the other questions.

wamby Guest
    Longest Major League game by innings was May 1, 1920, when the Boston Braves and Brooklyn Dodgers played 26 innings for a 1-1 tie.

According to Total Baseball, the Dodgers played a 13 inning game the next day, and their next game went 19 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by nymetsfan
    If I am understanding this correctly, the answer is 12 runs, on 7/3/83, when the Texas Rangers scored 12 runs in the 15th to beat the Oakland Athletics 16-4.
    Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by wamby
    Longest Major League game by innings was May 1, 1920, when the Boston Braves and Brooklyn Dodgers played 26 innings for a 1-1 tie.

According to Total Baseball, the Dodgers played a 13 inning game the next day, and their next game went 19 innings.
    May 1 1920. Joe Oescher and Leon Cadore faced off as the starting pitchers for Boston and Brooklyn. Both gave up a run early, then mowed down the batters. After 26 innings, the game was called with the score 1-1. Both pitchers went the whole way-A 26 inning complete game.
    And pitchers today have trouble going 9?!

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
    Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow