Thread: Garland Goes Deep!

Exclamation Garland Goes Deep!

In the 8th inning in Cincinnati,Jon Garland became the 1st White Sox pitcher since 1971 to hit a home run. Garland's shot was a 2-run line drive shot into the left field seats off Esteban Yan to give the Sox a 5-0 lead.

who would have thought garland would go yard? this is like his 15th ML at-bat or something.
    "It isnt about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward."-Rocky Balboa

"There ain't much to being a ballplayer, if you're a ballplayer-Honus Wagner

Did you see Jose trying to go yard yesterday with the bases loaded? Methinks theres a big money pool in the Sox pitching staff, and one Garland just won. Seeing Ozzie laugh when Jose swung for the fences yesterday was priceless baseball.

Boy, I love this team
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never."

Garland also pitched his best game of the year. He's got that winning form back again.
    Grinder Rule #45...Respect the past, people who are shoeless, and anyone named Joe.

I gues it is safe to say that Garland was our Pick to Click this afternoon.

For those of you who are curious,the last Sox pitcher to homer in a regular season game prior to today was Steve Kealy against Minnesota on September 6,1971.

This is also the 1 year anniversary of AJ Pierzynski's walk-off against the Dodgers on Turn Back the Clock Night.