Living in Houston all my life, I'm finally getting a chance to see a game at Wrigley Field which sits at the top of my "Baseball Meccas I've got to see in my lifetime" list...
I've got one shot; I've got to do this right... Looking for suggestions from local Cub fans as to what are the things that I MUST do to enjoy the experience as much as possible.... Things that I'll be able to share with friends when we exchange drunken "oh yeah, well I've..." stories... The preliminary list I've put together to this point is:
- drink/eat at Cubby Bear's or Murphy's Bleachers
- try to chase down a batting practice homer on Waveland.
- pick up a "Wrigley Field, since 1914" t-shirt at the shop across the street
- get pictures of the red marquee and me with the red marquee
- see a day game (3:05pm fortunately!)
- sing "Take me out to the ballgame" during the stretch
- shoot Jeff Gordon if I see him anywhere near "Wrigley Stadium"
I'll be at the 3pm game on 7/15 against the Mets, who I absolutely detest (Astros fan, 1986 damnit)... I've got to be at O'Hare by about 7:30ish for my 8:50 flight back to Houston, so I'm planning to leave at 6ish or after the 7th inning stretch, whichever comes later.
"Cub Fan for a day!"
"Wrigley Field fan, always."