Thread: Multi-Hit Game Streak Record?

Question Multi-Hit Game Streak Record?

Hello Folks,
    Everyone knows DiMaggio has the hitting streak record but what is the streak record for Multi-Hit Games (2 or more in a game obviously) and who holds it? I cannot find this answer anywhere. Help!

Joe Mauer had 5 straight games of reaching base 4 times earlier this year.

According to my informations record belongs to Rogers Hornsby who had 13 consecutive multi-hit games in 1923.
    uk::

I do know that George Brett holds the record for consecutive three-hit games. He had six in a row from May 8 to 13 of 1976.
    Author of Big League Trivia - Facts, Figures, Oddities and Coincidences from our National Pastime.
    www.big-league-trivia.blogspot.com

I was going to mention Brett. I know that Cal Ripken had 8 or 10 consecutive 2 hit games in '91 and I'm pretty sure that whichever it was, it was at least the American League record at the time.

Other short streaks of note.

Kevin Seitzer had 12 hits in 3 games in his rookie year (I think 6-6, 2-4 and 4-5)

Kirby Puckett had either 9 or 10 hits in 2 games in his rookie year. I think it was his FIRST 2 Games.

Quote Originally Posted by brett
    Kirby Puckett had either 9 or 10 hits in 2 games in his rookie year. I think it was his FIRST 2 Games.
    Puckett went 4-for-5 in his debut, but went 1-for-5 the following day.
    Still lurks the BBF.

Yea, it was '87 that both Puckett and Seitzer put up 12 hits in 3 games which tied at least the AL record at the time.

On 8-29 Puckett went 4-5 with 2 HRs
    On 8-30 He went 6-6 with 2 doubles and 2 HRs.
    He also went 2-4 the next day.

On August 2-4 Seitzer went 6-6, 2-5 and 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerin Hank
    Puckett went 4-for-5 in his debut, but went 1-for-5 the following day.
    Last edited by brett; 07-08-2006 at 07:39 AM.

Paul Waner

Paul Waner holds the major league record with at least two hits in 14 consecutive games from June 3-19, 1927.

Quote Originally Posted by AOXOMOXOA
    Paul Waner holds the major league record with at least two hits in 14 consecutive games from June 3-19, 1927.
    Isn't Waner's streak a streak of 14 consecutive games with an extra base hit that Chipper Jones tied earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cbenson5
    Isn't Waner's streak a streak of 14 consecutive games with an extra base hit that Chipper Jones tied earlier this year.
    I would tend to doubt it

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...?playerId=3006
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge