View Poll Results: Which is the best bat???

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easton Stealth

    17 45.95%
  • Vexxum Demarini

    9 24.32%
  • Combat

    11 29.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Stealth, Demarini, or Combat??

  1. #1

    Stealth, Demarini, or Combat??

    Hi,

    I think the three most popular bats for the Little league level are the Stealth by Easton, the Demarini by Vexxum, and the Combat.

    They are all very expensive bats and very powerful.

    Which bat do you guys think is the best and why???

    Which is the most powerful???
    Minor League Teams fan!
    Favourite baseball teams....

    Oakland Athletics - MLB
    Vancouver Canadians - Northwest League
    Venados de Mazatlan - Mexican Pacific League
    Winnipeg Goldeyes - Northern League (independent)
    University of British Columbia Thunderbirds- NAIA
    ~~Tyler~~

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    chicago area
    Posts
    2,621
    I like the hard metal ones best,especially behind a good swing.

  3. #3

    Easton Stealth

    Our Stealth got a serious dent on it's 2nd or 3rd time in the batting cage (we were using real baseballs). We returned it per the warranty, and they sent us back a different bat. Their position was the warranty does not require the same make/model bat be returned--just something "similar." Very disappointing.
    The Vexxum has a nice balance/feel to it--it does not feel real end-loaded, even when we moved up to a -5. The other kids on the team like to use my son's Vexxum, so I guess that's a good indicator as well.

  4. #4
    stealths dent very easily. I dont notice any significant pop with them...
    with the demarini on the other hand, i love it and its holding up amazingly well and has a huge amount of pop.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    868
    The Vexxum has a lot of pop that lasts a long time. It also doesn't dent easily. A Stealth has decent pop, but not the longevity of a Vexxum. I haven't seen or used a Combat before.
    GOT ALBERT?
    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

  6. #6
    You guys honestly must not be testing fairly or even be swinging properly - I know for a fact that the Stealth's pop is easily superior to that of the Demarini. The longevity is another issue, but I'll take performance over cost.
    Last edited by PullFactor; 07-06-2006 at 08:14 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by baseball_in_hel*
    Hi,

    I think the three most popular bats for the Little league level are the Stealth by Easton, the Demarini by Vexxum, and the Combat.

    They are all very expensive bats and very powerful.

    Which bat do you guys think is the best and why???

    Which is the most powerful???
    What is the combat? Who makes it? I have never herd of this bat before today.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    352
    My son has used Easton and Demarini as well as the rawlings liquid metals. He is currently using the 100% composite combat bat. He absolutely loves the combat the best. He has no wringing of the hands, the ball jumps off the bat and it makes a nice wood like sound. The liquid metals were next best in terms of distance and pop, however they dent easily. I would highly reccomend the combat bat (based in Canada).

  9. #9
    There are a few bats in the Combat series. All bats are 100% composite and have amazing pop. When the ball hits the bat it sounds like wood or like it's corked. There is no loud ping of the bat. They are mostly based in Canada I think, although they are also in the US.
    www.combatbaseball.com
    Minor League Teams fan!
    Favourite baseball teams....

    Oakland Athletics - MLB
    Vancouver Canadians - Northwest League
    Venados de Mazatlan - Mexican Pacific League
    Winnipeg Goldeyes - Northern League (independent)
    University of British Columbia Thunderbirds- NAIA
    ~~Tyler~~

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PullFactor
    You guys honestly must not be testing fairly or even be swinging properly - I know for a fact that the Stealth's pop is easily superior to that of the Demarini. The longevity is another issue, but I'll take performance over cost.
    Dear PullFactor:
    I'm not trying to get into a flame-thrower contest--I honestly would like to know how you "know for a fact" that Easton has more pop. I'm willing to listen. Heck, I want the bat with most pop too. Obviously, it can be subjective, since no two pitches and no two swings are ever the same, but we've used both Easton and Demarini, and the Demarini honestly FEELS like it has more pop. I can only go on feel--don't have any lab to experiment in . . . .
    Thanks for any info you can provide.

  11. #11
    Do you guys think the combat bat has more pop than some of the aluminum bats out there? I like the sound of wood much better than aluminum and would love to get one of these bats and try it out.

  12. #12
    I just went to the combat bats site. The -3 and -5 bats say BESR certification is still pending. I do not know what this means: is it just a Good Housekeeping seal of approval, or are you prohibited from using the bats in a game unless they are BESR certified?
    If it's a no-can-use rule, is it all leagues, or jjust high school, or what? Thanks in advance for any explanations.

  13. #13
    All the teams in my Little League District Tournament use it, so it has to be allowed. A team I played a few days ago had two combats on their team, and they hit 3 homeruns in the first inning! I personally have never tried a Combat, that is why I am asking what people like.
    Minor League Teams fan!
    Favourite baseball teams....

    Oakland Athletics - MLB
    Vancouver Canadians - Northwest League
    Venados de Mazatlan - Mexican Pacific League
    Winnipeg Goldeyes - Northern League (independent)
    University of British Columbia Thunderbirds- NAIA
    ~~Tyler~~

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Honolulu
    Dear PullFactor:
    I'm not trying to get into a flame-thrower contest--I honestly would like to know how you "know for a fact" that Easton has more pop. I'm willing to listen. Heck, I want the bat with most pop too. Obviously, it can be subjective, since no two pitches and no two swings are ever the same, but we've used both Easton and Demarini, and the Demarini honestly FEELS like it has more pop. I can only go on feel--don't have any lab to experiment in . . . .
    Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Well, perhaps fact was a bad term - I'm nearly sure.
    I've used both quite often, and it's kind of subjective based on one's definition of pop. I find that yes, although the ball gets a quick bolt off of the Demarini, the Stealth (SC900, I'm using easton's newest alloy) provides more distance, and occasionally has the same bolt effect I observed with the Demarini.
    The closest I can get to measuring it as a fact is observing the distance a still Stealth and still Demarini react to a pitch at the same speed on it's best spot, or the same spot on both bats.

  15. #15
    Dear PullFactor:

    Thanks--helpful. Howz the new 900 alloy on durability?

  16. #16
    In our 12U league with a lot of wealthy, obsessive Dads, the Stealth rules. And, kids who didn't have 'em borrowed 'em from teammates. The ball really flies and I didn't see a single complaint about stinging hands.

    One of the benefits was that even on "bad" swings, the ball gets out to the outfield regularly. With other bats, my son's pretty good hits ended up being liners to deep shortstop. With the Stealth, they made it that extra twenty feet into the outfield.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Honolulu
    Dear PullFactor:

    Thanks--helpful. Howz the new 900 alloy on durability?
    I've been using mine among myself and two other travel team players all season and I haven't noticed a dent.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Honolulu
    I just went to the combat bats site. The -3 and -5 bats say BESR certification is still pending. I do not know what this means: is it just a Good Housekeeping seal of approval, or are you prohibited from using the bats in a game unless they are BESR certified?
    If it's a no-can-use rule, is it all leagues, or jjust high school, or what? Thanks in advance for any explanations.
    Not sure about LL, but all High School and College bats must be BESR certified and have the BESR symbol stamped on the bat to be legal for game use. BESR is the measure of the bat exist speed. The standard was created a few years back in an attempt to cut down on injuries and all bats must not exceed the bat exit speed measure (not sure what it is off hand).

  19. #19

    What about the Anderson Bats.

    Why has noone said anything about the Anderson bat? The techzilla is the best bat being sold today for youth players that have the proper swing.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by irish
    Why has noone said anything about the Anderson bat? The techzilla is the best bat being sold today for youth players that have the proper swing.
    No, it's not.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by irish
    Why has noone said anything about the Anderson bat? The techzilla is the best bat being sold today for youth players that have the proper swing.
    Interestingly enough in 11U all-stars we had a power outburst one game and hit several homers, with the kids all convinced it was because of the Anderson bat. I am not sure about that but in 4 AS games we are 4-0 and averaging 14 runs per game. Is it the Anderson, or just good swings. I have noticed several batters have gone back to their own bats so the hysteria has seemingly died down.

  22. #22
    If they couldn't achieve it with a Stealth (or DeM or Combat), then they won't achieve it with an Anderson.
    Enough said.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    20
    Stealths are the best in my opinion. Two of my teammates own a Dimirini and both have broken in half in the past 2 weeks.

  24. #24
    OMG! My all-star team just got a brand new stealth, the new type, and we have only used it for three games, it already has a very big dent. We have only been using it in games, and we aren't allowed to use it for batting practice before games as it is brand new. The materials Easton uses are just too soft these days.

    Minor League Teams fan!
    Favourite baseball teams....

    Oakland Athletics - MLB
    Vancouver Canadians - Northwest League
    Venados de Mazatlan - Mexican Pacific League
    Winnipeg Goldeyes - Northern League (independent)
    University of British Columbia Thunderbirds- NAIA
    ~~Tyler~~

  25. #25

    Exclamation wait.

    are you talking about the steath comp or the stealth with the composite handle?
    i think the combat would have to be the best out of the three. but i would hve to put the Anderson Techzilla above the vexxum and stealth but under the combat. and what about the demarini CF3? it is a nice bat also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •