Thread: What ever happened?

What ever happened?

What happened to the Montreal Royals? Why are they not apart of the Dodger farm system anymore? All they have now is the Las Vegas 51's and the Jacksonville Suns. Thanks for helping.
    "It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."

-Jackie Robinson

55 and 56 chmps.... The two headed monster

Bedford Avenue at Sullivan Place in a Marble ROTUNDA
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 chmps
    What happened to the Montreal Royals? Why are they not apart of the Dodger farm system anymore? All they have now is the Las Vegas 51's and the Jacksonville Suns. Thanks for helping.
    The MONTREAL ROYALS played their last game on September 7, 1960.

Read more...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...ontreal_Royals

c.
    Last edited by DODGER DEB; 07-06-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Minor league teams(today at least) sign PDC's or player development contracts with major league teams. The minor league teams are then obligated to provide for that major league teams talent with all the required facilities etc. The major league clubs do not OWN the teams, they merely have a mutual interest. Columbus loves having the Yankees top farm team for obvious reasons, and the Red Sox love having Pawtucket for proximity. There are many factors involved. If the deal doesn't work for both teams it usually ends at some point. Montreal became a big league town eventually but I have no idea why some other team did not move in. Maybe things were different then. It really wasn't very close to any teams, so maybe that is it. Montreal was a very good baseball town.