Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,201 to 1,205 of 1205

Thread: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Just started the bio from umpire Doug Harvey, entitled "They Called Me God". This bio will likely provide a unique take on historical developments over the 1960s-1990s. Anyway, that is the main reason I'm reading it.
    Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill.

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

I've enjoyed a lot of ump memoirs, but that one I wasn't impressed by because frankly Harvey came off as more than a bit egocentric in it.

I finished Bruce Weber's Inside Baseball 1990. He predicted Bert Blyleven would win 300 games by the time he was 40 in that book ... obviously it didn't happen.

An American Journey by Jerry Coleman. Classy book by a classy guy. No cussin', no badmouthing anybody, just a good, clean straightforward story.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

I just finished Baseball Quotations by Helen Exley. This is one of those dinky little pocket books you pick up at a grocery store when you forgot someone's birthday and need a quick gift. It took 10 minutes to read. I can't believe someone would spend $8 on it.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849