Thread: Longterm standings with...

Longterm standings with...

Greetings,

I was wondering whether anyone here might know of a compilation of final MLB standings over the years, along with "expected" won-lost records (RS / RA would suffice only if necessary). The further back the standings dated, the more helpful they would be.

Any information would be appreciated. I thank you for your time.

Take care.

Regards,
    Josh

baseball-reference.com has all of this information...if you look at any league you get complete standings info and if you click on any team, you get a pythagorean W/L...hope that helps...

If you need all of the data in a convenient tabular format all in one place, that probably doesn't help you...but such a file can be generated quickly if that's what you're after, so let us know and one of the folks who has a database will make you a text file or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SABR Matt
    baseball-reference.com has all of this information...if you look at any league you get complete standings info and if you click on any team, you get a pythagorean W/L...hope that helps...

If you need all of the data in a convenient tabular format all in one place, that probably doesn't help you...but such a file can be generated quickly if that's what you're after, so let us know and one of the folks who has a database will make you a text file or something.
    Thank you for the speedy reply, SABR Matt.

You're correct in what I was hoping to find. If someone could make a text file with that information, it would be extremely helpful. I basically need a sample of as many teams as possible comparing their records to their expected records based on scoring and run prevention performances.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Regards,
    Josh