Thread: Some August thoughts

Some August thoughts

Just a few observations
    1. We had injuries early in year and thought we were in trouble.
    2. We made some key trades before the deadline and did not give up any of our top prospects in the deals.
    3. The Red Sox stood put at the deadline and are now being hit by the injury bug.
    4. We are the hottest team in baseball since July 4.
    5. The Sox have suddenly gotten cold.
    6. We now have a 3 game lead on the Sox.(too early to say insurmountable, though.)

I guess it is time to start feeling good.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
    Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soberdennis
    Just a few observations
    1. We had injuries early in year and thought we were in trouble.
    2. We made some key trades before the deadline and did not give up any of our top prospects in the deals.
    3. The Red Sox stood put at the deadline and are now being hit by the injury bug.
    4. We are the hottest team in baseball since July 4.
    5. The Sox have suddenly gotten cold.
    6. We now have a 3 game lead on the Sox.(too early to say insurmountable, though.)

I guess it is time to start feeling good.
    I am not comfortable yet. Our pitching rotation is stilll too shaky. There is a silver lining with a guy like Phillip Hughes, but I think he will need some time.

The best part indeed, is that we didn't lose any prospects. Something I was really affraid of. I have some faith in Cashman. As long the Boss doesn't interfere with his work, I think Cashman can build a solid team that can go all the way. But we need some patience for that.

Like the South Africans say: Alles sal regtkom. (Everything will be alright.)

I have felt GREAT all season... Abreau has better save some of these hits for the playoffs...

It will still come down to pitching... if Mussina, Wang and Johnson can hold their current form, i would be willing to go to war with that staff...

IF dotel could help the stretch run, great.
    IF Mastsui could help the stretch run, great.
    IF Shefield could help the stretch run, great.

Things are indeed going well... but we are one injury away from the starting big 3 pitchers of disaster.
    Complete Dynasty Baseball League can be found at: http://rotobaseball.proboards27.com We are going into our 6th season, and we now have PRIZES (baseball cards of course) for each divisional winner! We currently could use 2 or 3 owners... Please go to the board and fill out the questionaire if you are interested (18+ please).

The Yankees have done a nice job after losing two key run producers early in the season. Also the Yankees had question marks with starting rotation and bullpen. Moose has been great all year and so has Wang. Wright has done a nice job. As for RJ, who knows what you get from start to start. Villone, Proctor, Meyers, and Mo have done well out of the bullpen. As for Farns, he's still a little shaky. I'm still waiting for ARod to break out especially for the stretch run. Other than that the Yankees should continue to play the way they've played all season.