• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chisox73
    Thunderstruck!
    • Jan 2000

Seems Like Old Times Now

With the Sox cutting Detroit's lead in the AL Central from 10 games to 5 1/2 in a span of 6 days,it should come as no accident that the starting pitching is starting to put together one of those streaks where they put together 1 quality start after another.

This week,after Vazquez' high wire act against the Yankees,Jose Contreras was almost unhittable,Mark Buehrle wasn't as bad as we've seen the last month and a half.Now today,Freddy Garcia pitches well enbough to earn him Big Game pitcher status again for the sweep of Detroit.

Things are starting to fall into place on the South Side.Let's not let down our guard against the royal this week.We need to win at least 3 of 4 before heading to Minnesota next weekend.
  • Whitesoxnut
    • May 2006

We are fully capable of putting together 8 to 10 game streaks a few times this year. Of particular note, the Sox have a tremendous bench "very important in August and Sept.". We have a line up that can just jump all over opposing pitchers and really run up points.

The Tigers have, coming up, Boston, resurging Texas, 4 more against us, resurging Tribe, the Yanks, and the Angels. By 3 Sept there might be a real horse race going on, tho frankly Im not letting my hopes get past the wild card.

C'mon pitching.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X