Thread: Best Padre

Exclamation Best Padre

Please write who is your fav/best Padre This season and whyand also who is the worst/need to get rid of. thx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by feakface; 08-22-2006 at 06:17 PM.

It's a tough choice between Dave "Winny" Winfield and Tony Gwynn, Sr. The two had great seasons in San Diego. Both of their numbers have been retired by the Pads, and they both played RF.

Blog Entries
    Dave Winfield, Tony Gwynn or Trevor Hoffman.
    "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

this season

Adrian Gonzalez and Trevor Hoffman.

Trevor Hoffman.

trevor hoffman- he is second or third on the all time saves list. He is a freak in the best way possible.
    GO ROSELAND RED SOX!

Dave Winfield, Tony Gwynn and Trevor Hoffman are the obvious choices here....but I like how Adrian Gonzalez approaches the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KazmirFan228
    trevor hoffman- he is second or third on the all time saves list. He is a freak in the best way possible.
    Actully, he's first!

Hoffman.jpg

San Diego Padres closing pitcher Trevor Hoffman (R) celebrates with catcher Josh Bard after setting a new Major League all-time saves record with career save 479 during their win over the Pittsburgh Pirates in San Diego.

I think Adrian Gonzalez looks like he is something special. My favorite was the junk balling Randy Smith. What do you know about your 3B?

Smile

DAVE WINFIELD and TONY GWYNN

For me it's obvious, nobody resembles the San Diego Padres than Mr. Padre himself, Tony Gwynn.
    Last Player to hit for the Cycle: Michael Cuddyer, Colorado Rockies (August 17, 2014)

Last Pitcher to throw a Regular Season No-Hitter: Cole Hamels, Jake Diekma, Ken Giles & Jonathan Papelbon, Philadelphia Phillies 7-0 (September 1, 2014)

Last Pitcher to throw a Postseason No-Hitter: Roy Halladay, Philadelphia Phillies 4-0 (October 6, 2010)

When I was a kid growing up in the 1980s, my favorite Padre was Steve Garvey. My favorite Padre pitcher then was Goose Gossage (and I was thrilled in 1984 when my 2 favorites lead the Padres over the Cubs and into the World Series that year). Last season, my favorite was the old Cardinals 2006 NLCS MVP Jeff Suppan. Of course, these days it has to be Chase Headley as the best Padre!

steve-garvey-san-diego-padres-personalized-autographed-photograph-3371803.jpg

Goose Gossage.jpg

Jeff_Suppan060112.jpg

Chase+Headley+San+Diego+Padres+v+Pittsburgh+94rVd06oV5Gl.jpg
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"I sure was having a picnic with Frisch. You oughta seen the fellows in the clubhouse when I was puttin' him on. They was duckin' behind posts, tryin' to keep Frank from seein' how they was laughin', an' I had a time keepin' a straight face myself. I hope Frank manages the Cardinals forever. I sure love to drive that Dutchman nuts!" Dizzy Dean

tony gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    tony gwynn
    Could be the greatest Padre ever, but this thread is about the current best on the team. I say it has to be Chase Headley, until he proves otherwise by possibly coming back to earth after that great 2012 campaign!
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"I sure was having a picnic with Frisch. You oughta seen the fellows in the clubhouse when I was puttin' him on. They was duckin' behind posts, tryin' to keep Frank from seein' how they was laughin', an' I had a time keepin' a straight face myself. I hope Frank manages the Cardinals forever. I sure love to drive that Dutchman nuts!" Dizzy Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Herr28 View Post
    Could be the greatest Padre ever, but this thread is about the current best on the team. I say it has to be Chase Headley, until he proves otherwise by possibly coming back to earth after that great 2012 campaign!
    "current best" in 2006. Tony Gwynn was the best Padre.