View Poll Results: Should we deal him ???

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we should ...

9 47.37%
  • No we shouldn't ...

10 52.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Jays deal Wells in '07 ???

Should Jays deal Wells in '07 ???

Should they ???
    I mean , he has no intension on re-signing so why not deal him in '07 ???
    I know most of you will say No , but think about it for a minute , he is a very good player and we could get a lot for him and since he has no intention on re-signing ...

i think we should. look what seattle did and what they got for griffey. we could trade wells for a capable replacement and more, i think its for the best.

Until I hear Wells say it himself, Wells is still in Toronto.

Rumors most of the time are fabricated crap, some "source" calls up TSN and tells them "Wells wants to be dealt" just about as outrageous as that rumour suggesting that Houston Astros owner ORDERED a trade of Brad Lidge and riduculously for Brad Wilkerson and Rod Barajas.

Don't believe the crap you read, 95 % of the time it's false.
    Cristobal

wells for a rod. why not? A rod looks like he wont finish out that contract in New York, and unless he clutches up for hte playoffs i will be surprised if he isn't gone this offseason. The yanks will swallow 1/2 the contract and we'll have some excitement coming into next year. JP may as well take a risk in order to save his tenure here.

Not only should, but they will.
    The Cuervo Gold, the fine Columbian, make tonight a wonderful thing.

We'll probably get a good CF + Pitching for Wells

Blog Entries
    I can see Wells possibly going to the Redsox for Crisp and a prospect or a pitcher
    LETS GO YANKEES!

This trade will never happen since very few inter-divisonal trades like these happen , the Jays will want more than a 1 season fluker and will also want pitching that the Bosox do not have .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J25nadroj2042
    I can see Wells possibly going to the Redsox for Crisp and a prospect or a pitcher
    Why would the Jays trade a player like Wells to the Sox?
    Wouldn't that be like shooting themselves in the foot? If the Jays want to win this division one day or contend for the wildcard then trading Wells to the Sox probably isn't going to be a good move.
    Also, if Coco Crisp is going to be involved...I'm sure the Jays will need more than just a prospect. I'd expect JP to ask for Papelbon, Lester and a B Level Prospect. Coco Crisp isn't as good as he's been advertised.

If Wells does get moved, I'd expect it to be to the NL.

But again...these are all Rumors.
    I don't see why JP wouldn't break the piggy bank to keep Wells for a long time.
    Last edited by TonyStarks; 09-01-2006 at 01:46 PM.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Wells will probably be traded for a guy like Mark Kotsay and a pitcher like Rich Harden .

Ok this is the trade, no questions asked.

Vernon Wells and Shawn Marcum going to the Angels for Ervin Santana and Chone Figgins.... done and done.
    Spring Training will soon be here

If Wells tells the Jays that he wants to test the free agent market. or tells them that he wants to play in Texas, they should definitley trade him. Remember a guy named Delgado. The Jays got nothing for him, after investing years of development money into him. The Jays would still be able to negotiate with him as a free agent and they would have something for him if they lost him to someone else.

Although, for obvious reasons, Wells shouldn't be traded to Boston, Coco Crisp is not a one year wonder. He was a very good fielder in Cleveland before he came to Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by starkeeper
    If Wells tells the Jays that he wants to test the free agent market. or tells them that he wants to play in Texas, they should definitley trade him. Remember a guy named Delgado. The Jays got nothing for him, after investing years of development money into him. The Jays would still be able to negotiate with him as a free agent and they would have something for him if they lost him to someone else.

Although, for obvious reasons, Wells shouldn't be traded to Boston, Coco Crisp is not a one year wonder. He was a very good fielder in Cleveland before he came to Boston.
    When I was talking about the Fluke , it wasn't with the Glove , it was with the Bat .

Blog Entries

I maybe wrong...but I'm pretty sure the Jays did try to trade him, but he refused to waive his "No-Trade" clause.
    That's why the Jays had no choice but to let him walk.

I think there was a deal to the Dodgers that was all pretty much done.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStarks
    Why would the Jays trade a player like Wells to the Sox?
    Wouldn't that be like shooting themselves in the foot? If the Jays want to win this division one day or contend for the wildcard then trading Wells to the Sox probably isn't going to be a good move.
    Also, if Coco Crisp is going to be involved...I'm sure the Jays will need more than just a prospect. I'd expect JP to ask for Papelbon, Lester and a B Level Prospect. Coco Crisp isn't as good as he's been advertised.

If Wells does get moved, I'd expect it to be to the NL.

But again...these are all Rumors.
    I don't see why JP wouldn't break the piggy bank to keep Wells for a long time.
    Wow Papelbon, Lester, and a B level prospect? JP would be plain crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStarks

I hope the Rsox wouldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mac
    i think we should. look what seattle did and what they got for griffey.
    Mike Cameron, Brett Tomko, and Antonio Perez...yah, they got a lot
    ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
    ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

*deleted post*
    Last edited by wilkerson_rulz-06; 09-18-2006 at 04:43 PM.
    Cristobal

Quote Originally Posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
    Wow, this is a really dumb thread.
    The most useless threads can be found in this forum.

Not once have we posted a "Do the Nats deal Sori in 07?" thread.

Grow up guys.
    You'll be alright in 4-7 days Wilk??
    What is your problem??

This is a relevant issue in Toronto.
    Last edited by starkeeper; 09-18-2006 at 04:36 PM.

You'll be alright in 4-7 days Wilk??
    What is your problem??

This is a relevant issue in Toronto.
    Sorry, I overreacted, I follow the Jays 142 out of 162 games in the season, just find this thread a bit far-fetched if I may say so.

I know it is relevant, but it's just a rumor, as I said in my previous post, until I hear Wells say it himself it's irrevelant.
    Cristobal

It's not a rumor that they have to make a decision about Wells. Riccardi himself has addressed this when asked. The rumor is whether or not Wells is willing to be here or not no matter what the money is.

It's not a rumor that they have to make a decision about Wells. Riccardi himself has addressed this when asked. The rumor is whether or not Wells is willing to be here or not no matter what the money is.
    I agree completely, that's Riccardi's call, but, has Wells ever said publicly he wants to leave Toronto, no he hasn't

As I said, until Wells says he definetely won't want to return then I'll consider most of your theories, but, to me, it's a no-brainer for Riccardi in this case.

Wells is his franchise player and he needs him.

Cristobal

We agree!!

We agree!!
    Yipee!

Finally, someone agrees fully with what I said
    Cristobal

Quote Originally Posted by moebarguy
    Mike Cameron, Brett Tomko, and Antonio Perez...yah, they got a lot
    it wasnt equal to griffey's value but my point was they won more without griffey then they did with him. sometimes a shake-ups all you need and cameron was a good replacement in center for them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast