View Poll Results: Should we deal him ???

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we should ...

9 47.37%
  • No we shouldn't ...

10 52.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Jays deal Wells in '07 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Defense Counts!
    At least wait until the trade deadline. If the Jays are still in the playoff hunt, keep him, even if he doesn't re-sign. If they are out of it, there will be plenty of teams willing to trade big to get him for the end run.
    if i was jp, that would be my last option, trading him at the deadline.

if we are out of the hunt, trading him at the deadline is perfect. more teams will want him, they'll pay a bigger price. he'll be like a carlos beltran-type being shipped around. his price would be higher then it would be now.

problem is, what if toronto is still in it? no scenario works out if we are in it and we trade wells at the deadline. either:

a) we keep him and lose him for nothing OR
    b) we trade him and try to make a run for it by shuffling our team around in august? i would much rather have made the trade now then at the deadline for the fact that our team will have all of spring-training to get used to life without vernon instead of in august when we are 2 games out of 1st and we just changed the apperance of our team drastically.

right now, we can fill holes with vernon. get a quaility pitcher, or a replacement in the outfield, or blue-chip prospects or a combation of those thing. if we trade him now, we know what we have after he's gone and what holes to fill in free agency.

there is my .02 cents.

This whole situation sucks. They Jays had Delgado and they never builty around him. They have Halladay and Wells, who have both turned into elite players, and are the cornerstones of this Jays team. On top of that, management is finally spending money to surround them with high quality players. Glaus, Ryan, Overbay etc. To lose Wells now could be crippling to the team, as anyone brought in to replce him won't make the same impact as Wells. There is my .01 cent(s).
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from NY
    This whole situation sucks. They Jays had Delgado and they never builty around him. They have Halladay and Wells, who have both turned into elite players, and are the cornerstones of this Jays team. On top of that, management is finally spending money to surround them with high quality players. Glaus, Ryan, Overbay etc. To lose Wells now could be crippling to the team, as anyone brought in to replce him won't make the same impact as Wells. There is my .01 cent(s).
    it'll be hard to lose wells now but to lose him in free agency will be an even harder pill to swallow, imo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123