X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malibuhk22
    • Sep 2006

Wood Bats

Hi guys, I am new to the forum but have a question in regards to wood bats.... my friend plays in the National Adult Baseball Association and they just switched over to wood bats.... now I am in charge of getting them some "team" bats (they will each have their own as well) just incase their's break or crack.... The team does not have a ton of money to spend on these bats as most of the guys are a little flaky when it comes to money.... Can anyone help me with a website or phone number of someone to call where I might be able to find about 10 or so 33/30 wood bats (hopefully that are of semi-good quality) for maybe $20-30 a bat?? Thanks!!
  • EvanAparra
    Team Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Malibuhk22
    Hi guys, I am new to the forum but have a question in regards to wood bats.... my friend plays in the National Adult Baseball Association and they just switched over to wood bats.... now I am in charge of getting them some "team" bats (they will each have their own as well) just incase their's break or crack.... The team does not have a ton of money to spend on these bats as most of the guys are a little flaky when it comes to money.... Can anyone help me with a website or phone number of someone to call where I might be able to find about 10 or so 33/30 wood bats (hopefully that are of semi-good quality) for maybe $20-30 a bat?? Thanks!!
    Heres some ideas..

Comment

• Malibuhk22
      • Sep 2006

Website

Anybody ever use batwarehouse.com??

Comment

• drtybUsch025
        • May 2006

I have never seen Dicks when they have some kind of a "sale". I guess I always catch them at a wrong time. I go there a lot and think that it is "pricy"
        “A lot of people said I could be a good player. I just wanted the opportunity to show it. I just let it happen.”

Albert Pujols

2006 Champions of the World

Life Untill Corked
        http://z6.invisionfree.com/Life_Untill_Corked/

Image Hosted by Free image hosting

Comment

• tommybaseball
          Stratman
          • Oct 2005

My suggestion, speaking from experience, is not to go cheap. I played in the MSBL for 4 years and I coached a sandlot team for several years that played with wood bats. During the first season, we bought all of our bats in The Sports Authority and Modells in that $20.00 - $30.00 range. We went through nearly 6 dozen our first year. Some of the breakage can be attributed to the fact that the kids were new to wood. In order to hit with wood, you have a much smaller sweet spot and a lot more room for error (and broken bats). The next year, we switched over to Pro Stock bats from catalogues such as Baseball Express and the breakage was less, but we still broke a lot. The third year, after speaking to a lot of people, we switched over to Maple Bats from a company called Glomar (now out of business). Among their clients at the time were Shane Spencer and Dimitri Young. We bought 4 dozen and broke 6 bats the entire season. Old Hickory produces great Maple Bats if you decide to go that route.

Comment

• DBH
            • Oct 2006

Rawlings makes an ash bat that you can buy for 29.99 at Dick's or Sports Authority.

I would agree that you should spend the money and buy quality bats though. I use the Rawlings bats for BP and LS Maple for games.

Good Luck!

Comment

• CarmelPitcher
              • Dec 2006

baseballexpress.com
              Lets Play Two!!

Comment

• The Kid
                Rays= Public Enemy #2
                • Sep 2006

Wood bats are personally my favorite..............you can buy a rawlings for $14each at modells.
                "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

• CarmelPitcher
                  • Dec 2006

piece of adivce: DONT get bamboo bats. they suck. i got 2 and broke them both within a few days. they also dent very easily
                  Lets Play Two!!

Comment

• BMH
                    • Mar 2006

There are many choices for wood bats these days. 15 years ago you had maybe a handful of choices, now there are over 30 just for the MLB!

Anyway, grabbed this list from a site that has several manufacturers on it. Take a look, find one you like and try them out.

Not even Wikipedia has a bat list this long! Nearly 60 bat brands and growing, which makes up the longest, most official bat directory on the Internet.
                    Last edited by BMH; 12-19-2006, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• brewers96
                      Pigskin Fever Super Mod
                      • Jul 2006

Malibuhk22, what state are you in??? maybe i can help
                      Join Pigskin Fever Today and tell 'em packersfan reffered you when you register!

Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and Fourm FAQ before posting.

Comment

• cosmo34
                        Team Veteran
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by CarmelPitcher
                        piece of adivce: DONT get bamboo bats. they suck. i got 2 and broke them both within a few days. they also dent very easily
                        Bump for that. I used one once, and I squared the ball and it went nowhere. It felt like I had hit the ball with a pillow. All compression and no pop

The summer league I play in has alot of Baum bats for the teams to use. They seem pretty durable and aren't very expensive

Comment

• CPatt44
                          Baseball is Life
                          • Jan 2007

DO NOT GO CHEAP ON WOOD BATS!! I play in MSBL in northeastern WI and we are a wood bat league. I also sell wood bats. I have used one Maple bat for over 85 games in two seasons with others swinging it and it hasn't broken yet. This bat is from www.talbotturnings.com Mike produces a great product and is not very expensive.

If you have to but team bats though. I strongly recommend that you buy wood composite bats. DeMarini makes 2 great models and Baum bats are good also. Baseball Express makes a composite bat for around $55 that is just like the Baum bat. Brett Brothers also makes a composite bat. Any of these bats should be legal in any wood bat league.

If you have any further questions feel free to email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to assist. I love talking baseball and wood bats.
                          "Remember, 90% of the game is half mental" - Yogi Berra

Comment

• yankee spazz
                            • Nov 2004

E-bay has Deals

You Can Find Deals On E-bay ,However there are Mom And Pops that Are Carving Bats in the gRage ,Quality is Uncertain but Shop around ..A Good Ash Bat can Cost you 30.00-40.00 Compared to a Maple at 65.00-100. Bamboo is an option at 50.00-75.00. Blemw are a Good dela s well ..Ashes from 20.00-30.00.. But You will have to pay More for Wood . If Its Quality ..And if you`ve Never Hit with wood it can cost you .. So Pull Out That Tee It Can Save you $$$$:
                            Stefano Flocchini
                            VBL President

Comment

• yankee spazz
                              • Nov 2004

[QUOTE=yankee spazz]You Can Find Deals On E-bay ,However there are Mom And Pops that Are Carving Bats in the gRage ,Quality is Uncertain but Shop around ..A Good Ash Bat can Cost you 30.00-40.00 Compared to a Maple at 65.00-100. Bamboo is an option at 50.00-75.00. Blemw are a Good dela s well ..Ashes from 20.00-30.00.. But You will have to pay More for Wood . If Its Quality ..And if you`ve Never Hit with wood it can cost you .. So Pull Out That Tee It Can Save you $$$$
                              Stefano Flocchini
                              VBL President

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X