Page 75 of 767 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 19157

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II] Construction

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I like the view you took with the right field stands rising above the stores...

...it's going to be an interesting view when the place is finished.

I like photos showing the ballpark as part of the neighborhood. Hey, if you can't afford to sup at the Martini bar in centerfield,
    you can always dine at the Crown Diner Restaurant!
    I'm sure after a day in the New Yankee Stadium and all the money spent, even Crown Diner Restaurant prices will seem like Nobu!

The outside of this place already looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad they went with a more retro look rather than the new brick look that every other new stadium has. The new Stadium is going to be incredible.

The old and the new...

Two Yankee Stadiums.

Separated by 161st Street (and eighty-five years.)

Quote Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
    Two Yankee Stadiums.

Great shot. That one is going to be even more incredible once the entire facade is up.

Quote Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
    Two Yankee Stadiums.

Nice. By the way it looks, the whole facade is gonna be up by April, or hopefully mid-April.

I agree, that is a cool pic.

David, you and I feel the same way about the whole Stadium situation, but I am starting to like the looks of the new place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    David, you and I feel the same way about the whole Stadium situation, but I am starting to like the looks of the new place.
    The new Stadium is beautiful--can't argue with that.

$1.2 billion buys a lot of expensive limestone.

$2 million (the cost of the original) just bought a lot of concrete.

From some of those pics it looks like the bleacher area is being put in. And Jimz I think you're right, it does seem like the facade will be done by April or May. Overall great progress.
    The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

This picture might be a good one to assess how well/poor the upper deck seats are from the field. If you take a look at the field area where that line of gray objects are (the lights, I think), that just might be the area where the diamond would lie (when you incorporate the as yet un-constructed remaining field level seats into the picture).

If that is the case (and again, this is just an approximation; it also might be to the right of that, where that un-installed frieze is lying in the lower right hand side), what does everyone think about the view from there? Too far, or not as bad as was thought?

Looking at it now, I kinda would have to say "bad" -- maybe even a bit worse than people here thought -- and I am one of the pro-new stadium people here; if you see, there is a worker on top of one of those fixtures (and a couple more to the left of him about 30 feet away). They look almost microscopic; in fact I didn't even realize there were people there at first glance .

The picture looks like it was taken from midway down towards right field which may account for how far away the people look; however, regardless of that, I don't think I would be too happy to have those seats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CMart View Post

This picture might be a good one to assess how well/poor the upper deck seats are from the field. If you take a look at the field area where that line of gray objects are (the lights, I think), that just might be the area where the diamond would lie (when you incorporate the as yet un-constructed remaining field level seats into the picture).

If that is the case (and again, this is just an approximation; it also might be to the right of that, where that un-installed frieze is lying in the lower right hand side), what does everyone think about the view from there? Too far, or not as bad as was thought?

Looking at it now, I kinda would have to say "bad" -- maybe even a bit worse than people here thought -- and I am one of the pro-new stadium people here; if you see, there is a worker on top of one of those fixtures (and a couple more to the left of him about 30 feet away). They look almost microscopic; in fact I didn't even realize there were people there at first glance .

The picture looks like it was taken from midway down towards right field which may account for how far away the people look; however, regardless of that, I don't think I would be too happy to have those seats anyway.
    Honestly, I don't think it's bad. It's further than the current stadium, but I don't think it's so horrible or anything like that.

Upper deck about 50 feet futher back

The new park's upper deck does not seem too far back compared to other new parks and even with the old stadium. The current upper deck begins above the 20th row of lower stands. From photos and blue prints it looks like what I call the mezzanine of the new stadium also begins above the 20th row of the new lower stands. It also looks like the new upper deck begins at about the 15th row of the mezanine (it looks like it overhangs it by 5 rows). so 15 rows times 3 feet = 45 feet.

HOWEVER the upper deck of the original stadium is VERY close to the field and I will miss that, (that's why the sight lines are bad -- you cant see some plays near the stands--and thats what they will avoid by moving the upper level back 50'). so the new upper deck wont be too far away, and the front of the mezanine will be closer.

Quote Originally Posted by CMart View Post

Cameras never really give a true view of what the distance will actually look like. I've taken pictures while sitting in the upper deck that make it difficult to make out what team the Yankees were facing.

The upper deck will be fine. As a civil engineering student, I have confidence in the profession. These guys did their homework, this upper deck isn't any further away than every other stadium in the league.

Although as I say this, I an still shocked that someone actually signed off on a restaurant in CF that cuts off views of the field.

I was expecting worse but I agree, I don't think cameras ever do it justice as far as telling distance.

here's roughly the equivalent view in the current stadium. the view in the new stadium really isn't THAT bad. just the stadium doesn't look nearly as imposing with the smaller split upper deck and the more spread out design.

Quote Originally Posted by donut726 View Post
    here's roughly the equivalent view in the current stadium. the view in the new stadium really isn't THAT bad. just the stadium doesn't look nearly as imposing with the smaller split upper deck and the more spread out design.
    Wow, that is a perfect picture to compare against the one I posted.

Ok well, it is good to see that it looks like it won't be that much of a difference; thanks to you and everyone else who responded to my concerns. Having never been to any of the newer stadiums with the same sort of configurations as NYS will seem to have, I didn't know what to expect as to how the view would be; so seeing that picture got me a little concerned. But again, thanks for dispelling my fears somewhat

And actually your picture brings up another point. Note the lights in that picture, and how bright they are (again, as posted before, maybe the camera distorts the actual brightness of it as it does with regard to perspective). Anyway, a lot of people have expressed reservations about the light configuration in the new park in that they will detract from the frieze at night games based on how bright the lights look in the current stadium.

Well, how about the following idea: Perhaps the lights are so bright now because they are only on certain parts of the roof and thus have to be at a higher wattage to illuminate a greater area. the lights in the new stadium will be all along the roof; hence, maybe the wattage won't be so high (and the lights so bright) because the area it has to illuminate is smaller than in the current park (in other words, dispersal of light fixtures in the new park vs. concentration of them in the current park). As a result, maybe the frieze will be more prominent than we think?

I don't know, just an idea I thought of right now, I am probably not thinking this out all the way, so please excuse the momentary lapse of logic if that turns out to be the case
    Last edited by CMart; 02-19-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Yankee Stadium - Billboard city

The Stadium is starting to look impressive and impossing. I sure hope they don't wreck it by slapping ads all over the place:

"Among the biggest signage opportunities offered in the comprehensive financial services package are large signs on the highways around the stadium; prominent exposure on Gate 4, the stadiumís main entrance; several fixed signs on top of the stadium, affording an aerial view; a large sign atop the right-field scoreboard; even bigger signage on the back of the scoreboard, facing a new subway stop; signs on interior gates leading to the field; fixed and LED signs inside the stadium and the stadium bowl; permanent dugout branding; scoreboard vignettes; behind-the-plate signage and a logo on all Yankees tickets."

http://yesnetwork.prospero.com/n/pfx...work&tid=38411

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...d=36019&vkey=4
    Picture 5 is a view from the upper tier.
    Last edited by baseballman1243; 02-19-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Nys

About how many more rows do you think will be added below the aprox. 20 box seats rows that appear there now?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballman1243 View Post
    http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...d=36019&vkey=4
    Picture 5 is a view from the upper tier.
    That is probably from the lower part of the upper deck (before the split); if you notice it looks like the shot is on line with the stands there in the back ground, which I believe is the unfinished upper deck section over in left field.

If you look at the captions written by the YES person where you got those pictures they don't look like they have as much knowledge as to the construction, because they mention that picture 4 is of the Yankee dugout, which is completely false, as that lower field section has not even been built yet. So I would be wary of what is actually said in that slide show

Wow good point, I didn't think about that dugout part.

Roof top photo

Here's a shot from the roof in late Jan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
    Here's a shot from the roof in late Jan.
    is it just me, or does the gap in the upper deck look much bigger in NYS than Citi...

Out of town scoreboard

I was hoping that the new out of town scoreboard would look more like what they have in PNC Park - were you not only get the scores but you can see where the base runners are and how many outs there are:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 75 of 767 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast