Page 105 of 958 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 19157

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II] Construction

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
    There are some new pics from Chopper 88. Perhaps someone with "tools" can post higher res versions:

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/1737525...yXRefId=442848
    Those are some awesome pictures. New Yankee Stadium looks so much less hodge-podge than Citi Field. It just looks classier.

Quote Originally Posted by locke40 View Post
    Those are some awesome pictures. New Yankee Stadium looks so much less hodge-podge than Citi Field. It just looks classier.
    I don't know about that. These are two very different concepts. And neither is close to completion. Let's wait till they are really ballparks before the comparisons start.

Yankees are building this nice park in the middle of the hellhole that is known as the south bronx!!! What a dump!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AMAYSN 24 View Post
    Yankees are building this nice park in the middle of the hellhole that is known as the south bronx!!! What a dump!!!
    Get out much?

Quote Originally Posted by AMAYSN 24 View Post
    The last time you were there was....? And what is your idea of a great neighborhood adjacent to a ballpark? South Chicago? The area to the West of Wrigley? Central LA? The Seattle docks? The San Francisco docks? I could go on....

I wouldn't consider the area directly around the stadium that bad, but everywhere else is pretty much a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballman1243 View Post
    I wouldn't consider the area directly around the stadium that bad, but everywhere else is pretty much a mess.
    Webster ave is disgusting, but Riverdale is first class. Lots of contrasts in the Bronx. Oh and by the way, Hunt's Point (south Bronx of HBO's "Hookers on the Point" fame) is a trendy and expensive neighborhood now.

Back to the pictures, from today's NY Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...he_rise-1.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love Riverdale, because that's where I live

What is the outside of the stadium going to look like after the facade ends in right field? Like when the right side starts to curve as it reaches River Ave.

Webster to me by far is just disgusting. And a lot of gang activity. I lived on morris ave. which is not to far from webster projects. I must say webster is crap. Jerome and River ave. are pretty decent my ex-girlfriend lives a few blocks from the stadium on Jerome. && Jerome is okay not much happens where she lives.

The Yanks have announced the publication of an "official" retrospective on the Stadium. Entitled, suprisingly enough Yankee Stadium: The Official Retrospective. It'll be out a a few days, cover price $50.

If I get it, like I won't, I'll have the 50 year book, the 75 year book and this one. All pretty much the same content except for some newer stuff, I'd assume.

Elevation blueprints

Even if you don't buy this item the pictures on the posting are interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YANKEE-STADIUM-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Stadium books on amazon.com

As expected, there will be numerous books about the Stadium this year. Note that the prices are cheaper than thru the Yankees:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NYaDiO View Post
    Webster to me by far is just disgusting. And a lot of gang activity. I lived on morris ave. which is not to far from webster projects. I must say webster is crap. Jerome and River ave. are pretty decent my ex-girlfriend lives a few blocks from the stadium on Jerome. && Jerome is okay not much happens where she lives.
    I have a feeling with the new stadium, mall, parks, and high school, the south Bronx will improve due to increased property value... look at Cleveland and Baltimore- the new stadiums turned really bad areas into great spots. The area that I think will get the worst of it is Mount Vernon because thats really the only area that hasen't been under improvement so rent is still low, its not a major move from the Bronx, and still has subway access.
    Last edited by YanksRule; 03-04-2008 at 10:50 PM.

If they didn't do the renovation int the '70's the Yankees would have moved to NJ with the Giants and Yankee Stadium would have been torn down. And if they were looking to build yet another stadium now, it probably wouldn't be in the Bronx.
    I had no idea.

As expected, there will be numerous books about the Stadium this year. Note that the prices are cheaper than thru the Yankees:
    You've got your choice certainly. These will mostly, if not all be coffee table books, so choose your price and go for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksRule View Post
    I have a feeling with the new stadium, mall, parks, and high school, the south Bronx will improve due to increased property value... look at Cleveland and Baltimore- the new stadiums turned really bad areas into great spots. The area that I think will get the worst of it is Mount Vernon because thats really the only area that hasen't been under improvement so rent is still low, its not a major move from the Bronx, and still has subway access.
    Well, IMO unless they were to unlawfully make every person get up leave their current apartments so that they can be renovated and turned into multi million dollar condos and lofts I don't see that happening just yet. The areas to the east and north of YS are still working class and lower income neighborhoods that will continue to have their issues just like any other major urban american city. I can't see the South Bronx turning into a Brooklyn shipyard type of area just yet. The Bronx is still a gritty hard working borough. Granted it will only improve especially now with the new Stadium and infrastructure improvements around it but its still the Bronx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    Well, IMO unless they were to unlawfully make every person get up leave their current apartments so that they can be renovated and turned into multi million dollar condos and lofts I don't see that happening just yet. The areas to the east and north of YS are still working class and lower income neighborhoods that will continue to have their issues just like any other major urban american city. I can't see the South Bronx turning into a Brooklyn shipyard type of area just yet. The Bronx is still a gritty hard working borough. Granted it will only improve especially now with the new Stadium and infrastructure improvements around it but its still the Bronx.
    And exactly what the **** is wrong with it still being the bronx?

Page 105 of 958 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast