Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: childhood baseball highlight

Patchogue Ny but my heart is in the bronx
    i remember mine vividly. my sophmore year of highschool coach was subbing out all the regulars as we were getting blown out i was called upon to pinch hit with the baseas loaded and ended up belting a grand slam, allbeit with an aluminum bat. it was great but unfortunatley we still lost the game. to date it's the only one i ever hit

I was about 12 or 13 and playing catcher. I was in two collisions behind the plate on one play and both runners were tagged out! They would have been called out anyways due to the fact that we had a slide or give yourself up rule. I blocked the plate as I was taught and I just held onto the ball for dear life. As I was lying on my back I heard my teamates yelling "Get up! He's coming home! I got up as quick as I could and I couldn't believe it when I saw the second runner barrelling down on me. I blocked the plate again and then POW! That one really hurt. I was taken out of the game after that for fear of a concussion. As a matter of fact, I am getting a headache just thinking about it.
    "You gotta be a man to play baseball for a living, but you gotta have a lot of little boy in you, too." ~Roy Campanella

Long Island Baseball Directory - The most comprehensive list of links pertaining to Long Island Baseball.
    LIBaseball.net - Long Island's Premier Baseball Networking Site
    New York Baseball - NY State's Premier Baseball Networking Site

I was 14 playing on my middle school team. We were playing the best team in the league. They hadn't lost a game in 3 years. My coach put me in to start against them because they supposedly couldn't hit a curve. I threw a curve the first pitch of the game and the guy hit a long foul ball home run. I ended up throwing a perfect game. I threw nothing but fastballs and change ups the rest of the game. That was the only loss they got that season. We lost ot them later in the playoffs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234